Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    There is the possibility that its just for that issue as the solicits hint at a flashback like tale between Batman and Nightwing. Also, Doomsday Clock is the definitive future so its probably a moot point anyway.
    The issue with the flashback isn’t the issue with the Tony Daniel cover.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Matt Wagner and Tony Daniels on Batman? Yes! Nice to have a break from the porcelain Batman for a month.

No Tim in sight again
    Wagner is a big yes! Tony Daniel...well, I’d rather have Fiumara or Sean Murphy over him, any day. Although Daniel is one of the better ones, I’m not big on Jim Lee style “House Art”.

Give Chris Samnee a damn job in Gotham, already! One look at his Instagram and you can see that he’s born for the job.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Wagner is a big yes! Tony Daniel...well, I’d rather have Fiumara or Sean Murphy over him, any day. Although Daniel is one of the better ones, I’m not big on Jim Lee style “House Art”.

Give Chris Samnee a damn job in Gotham, already! One look at his Instagram and you can see that he’s born for the job.
    Isn't Samnee Marvel exclusive?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Isn't Samnee Marvel exclusive?
    Not for a little bit, now. His contract expired.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Ah. I'd be all in favor of a Samnee run on Batman or a Batfamily title!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    It's #55. The art is very much Tony Daniel, while #54 is solicited with a Wagner cover.
    Ahh. I know the art was Daniel but thought he might be doing both. Cool.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Although Daniel is one of the better ones, I’m not big on Jim Lee style “House Art”.
    See I like it because it's clean and easy to follow.

Norm Breyfogle is my favorite though, I'd put him in the middle of some of those styles, and there is no one like him.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    That Batman Black Label titles looks pretty cool. Oh, did anyone notice that Batman has new trunks? What are your thoughts on that?
    Not a fan of the big underwear look on heroes but I don't mind it here.. Perhaps because this reminds me of Dick's run as Batman.
    [My 1st comic was Batman and Robin Reborn]

I can't even tell you what Bruce's current costume looks like I don't pay that much attention but I do know that Dick had undies and Bruce doesn't. Anyway I like this because I have good memories attached to it.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Looking forward to Batman: Damned, Batgirl & her awesome new costume, Nightwing and Red Hood. Not real happy about Nightwing going twice-monthly simply for the sake of my wallet but it’s good DC feels like they can. Cool to see The Silencer in that as well. The new direction for Red Hood looks fun, but I’ll miss Artemis and Bizarro. Batman also looks good but I’ll be picking that up in trade. Not sure if I’ll do the same for Detective, I’ll have to see the reception first. Might pick up Catwoman depending on how that first issue sits with me.
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    See I like it because it's clean and easy to follow.

Norm Breyfogle is my favorite though, I'd put him in the middle of some of those styles, and there is no one like him.
    Agreed. Breyfogle is a great, great artist.

He's still following Waid wherever he writes, isn't he? So I don't know how much he will do outside Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    He's still following Waid wherever he writes, isn't he? So I don't know how much he will do outside Marvel.
    Waid is currently writing Dr. Strange at Marvel without Samnee. Samnee has been out of his exclusive contract with Marvel and it sounds like he’s ready to move on.

297BD844-0942-4A02-A5E4-9F7A08EDFBFB.jpg

Waid is currently writing Dr. Strange at Marvel without Samnee. Samnee has been out of his exclusive contract with Marvel and it sounds like he’s ready to move on.

297BD844-0942-4A02-A5E4-9F7A08EDFBFB.jpg
    Oh, cool then.

It'd be kind of hilarious if Wonder Woman ends up being the only member of the Trinity to keep her modern costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be kind of hilarious if Wonder Woman ends up being the only member of the Trinity to keep her modern costume .
    I'm hoping that they at least get rid of the sword and shield. I don't mind them once in awhile but I'm kinda tired of Wonder Xena.

Also. Aquaman needs to freakin' shave.
    Batman - Daredevil