Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    He called BATman and since he is character who is still popular after all these years, I can understand why they are keep the bat ears while the trunks serve no purpose.

Good for you if you like them. I personally don't and think they should stay in the past instead of using them over a costume that was good (though, we might just jumped to conclusion and there's no change).
    Bruce calling himself "Batman" is also silly. And his grey costume is not a part of is "bat" branding and is still silly.

It's not about if I like them or not. The trunks are not any more silly than his superhero name or his grey costume or his "bat" themed branding. So to say that the trunks are outdated, while still being ok with any of these things is ridiculous.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to my opinion and I have the right to think whatever I want is silly.

If you don't agree, again, good for you. I still dislike the trunks and I'm not telling you that you shouldn't.

I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to my opinion and I have the right to think whatever I want is silly.

If you don't agree, again, good for you. I still dislike the trunks and I'm not telling you that you shouldn't.
    You can. Despite how clearly asinine the idea that the trunks somehow makes him look "silly" when compared to what he wears without them is.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Each to their own. You think he is still silly without them, I don't. It's really a subjective matter and I don't think it's "asinine" to call them ridiculous.

Thinking they are silly is subjective. Thinking they make Batman look silly considering he already looks silly in his bat-themed costume and grey spandex is asinine. I don't understand why the trunks are where the line is drawn.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

A normal man running around in an armored Halloween costume purposely throwing himself in harm's way is silly no matter what he calls himself. But such is the nature of comics. Good return to his roots. I'm sure the next reboot will fix it. I never digged the purple highlight cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Thinking they are silly is subjective. Thinking they make Batman look silly considering he already looks silly in his bat-themed costume and grey spandex is asinine. I don't understand why the trunks are where the line is drawn.
    No, it's a subjective matter too. If I thought Batman is silly like you do, I wouldn't have bothered to take him seriously since I don't read his books for comedy.

His look might seem silly from real life perspective, but he fit right in with the rest of DCU and the trunks look outdated when compared to the modern look of the characters.

No, it's a subjective matter too. If I thought Batman is silly like you do, I wouldn't have bothered to take him seriously since I don't read his books for comedy.

His look might seem silly from real life perspective, but he fit right in with the rest of DCU and the trunks look outdated when compared to the modern look of the characters.
    It's really not.

The DCU has normal people who don't dress like that, so from an in-universe perspective, he also looks silly as there has been nothing in-universe to show that bright spandex is a normal fashion choice. I think all of the DC characters who had trunks could go back to the look now without it looking weird.
    Last edited by KC; 06-18-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Thoughts:

- I'm actually curious to see King writing more of Bruce and Dick's dynamic, complete with flashback. Especially when people were expecting we'd get to see the original Dyanmic Duo in action during "The War of Jokes and Riddles" (although I guess in a way, we did ).

- Y'know, I think I can totally predict how King will write KGBeast. Monosyllabic, like the best King characters .

- Digging Batgirl's new threads and the idea of a stronger direction for the title moving forward, although it feels like it warrants a relaunch by this point.

- Batman: King of Fear sounds like every Scarecrow story I have ever read. Not that that means it'll be bad, but still.

- Catwoman sounds like it's first arc is heading toward's it's climax. I'm curious to see what kind of storylines Jones has in-store for Selina past this copycat caper. Also the costume looks better when you can't see Selina's exposed armpits...

- I'm curious to see how Priest gets around the Feds breaking into the Batcave and how it'll compare to how Snyder handled it in All-Star.

- I'm still surprised 'Tec has fill-in's, but I'm down for a solid Two-Face story (assuming Robinson can deliver it). Although two Fireflies? Maybe Lynns and New 52 Firefly?

- Nightwing in a motorcycle deathrace and the return of Leviathan? Sign me up .

- Not sure how I feel about Jason's new look, though given it's still "Red Hood and the Outlaws," I imagine his team will either re-form or get revamped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    It's really not.

The DCU has normal people who don't dress like that, so from an in-universe perspective, he also looks silly as there has been nothing in-universe to show that bright spandex is a normal fashion choice. I think all of the DC characters who had trunks could go back to the look now without it looking weird.
    Personally I think Superman has really stood out with his return to the trunks, and not necessarily in a positive way, so I'm not really eager to see Batman do the same.

But I've enjoyed the heroes' modern costumes, so I'm a little biased.

The trunks served him well for 70 years, Im sure it wont take away his spot as best selling superhero anytime soon.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I can't believe this argument still going.

Deku, man. Think whatever you want because you are really not changing my mind (and telling someone that they can't have a opinion on certain matters isn't a way to convince them of your point of view).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I think Superman has really stood out with his return to the trunks, and not necessarily in a positive way, so I'm not really eager to see Batman do the same.

But I've enjoyed the heroes' modern costumes, so I'm a little biased.
    I can't say I agree with that, Superman looks fine to me when he is with other heroes.

I think you could add trunks to the modern costumes of heroes that had trunks and they would look ok.

I can't believe this argument still going.

Deku, man. Think whatever you want because you are really not changing my mind (and telling someone that they can't have a opinion on certain matters isn't a way to convince them of your point of view).
    I didn't say you can't have an opinion, in fact, I said the opposite of that. The fact that you drew the line at the trunks and not the rest of Batman's costume or bat branding is just silly. But as you said, your mind won't be changed, so let's stop.
    Last edited by KC; 06-18-2018 at 08:53 PM.

You said that me thinking the trunks is silly is "asinine" and when I told you it's subjective, you answered "It's really not". Come on now.

The whole argument started because you think the idea of someone thinking these stupid trunks (which they aren't worth all of these and I will probably regret wasting my time in this) is objectively foolish and stupid.

I only stated my dislike of them. I didn't say everyone should too nor it's going to tank sales. It's seriously not worth this argument.
    Last edited by Rise; 06-18-2018 at 09:10 PM.

You said that me thinking the trunks is silly is "asinine" and when I told you it's subjective, you answered "It's really not". Come on now.

The whole argument started because you think the idea of someone thinking these stupid trunks (which they aren't worth all of these and I will probably regert wasting my time in this) is objectively foolish and stupid.

I only stated my dislike of them. I didn't say everyone should either nor it's going to tank sales. It's seriously not worth this argument.
    No, I said that thinking that superheroes wearing trunks is silly is subjective. But saying that the tunks make Batman look silly, ignoring that he already looks silly with his grey spandex and Bat theming is ridiculous. It basically hinges on the idea that the trunks are not what makes Batman look silly.

Again, that isn't true, this started because I think that saying that the trunks make Batman look silly, ignoring that he already looks silly with his grey spandex and Bat theming is ridiculous.

I never said anything about it tanking sales.

If I can't change your mind, why are you continuing this?
    Last edited by KC; 06-18-2018 at 09:13 PM.