Mighty Member

Default Raven: Daughter of Darkness

I went quite a ways back but couldn't find a thread on this. Continuing some themes from the previous 6 issue mini. I like it so far how about you? Solo adventures away from Teen Titans. Family angst but not overdone.

There are a few choices by Wolfman that I really don't understand, like sending Rachel to 1906 San Francisco for about half an issue for-- reasons or having all the past attempts by Trigon at producing an heir looking all exactly the same and I've never been a great fan of Pop Mhan's art (the box of Rachel's baby cousin being square in one panel and pentagonal in the next one is a detail that made my eyes roll hard), but overall I'm not disliking it. I came here to see Raven's family on her mother's side after they left me a really good impression in Marv's previous six-issue mini and I'm satisfied by what's been done with them, both there and here. It's really rare in comics to see relatives (or just characters in general) that are both very devoted Christians and absolutely pleasant people and I applaud the writer's way of handling them so far.

Mighty Member

Default Raven Daughter of Darkness #6

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    There are a few choices by Wolfman that I really don't understand, like sending Rachel to 1906 San Francisco for about half an issue for-- reasons or having all the past attempts by Trigon at producing an heir looking all exactly the same and I've never been a great fan of Pop Mhan's art (the box of Rachel's baby cousin being square in one panel and pentagonal in the next one is a detail that made my eyes roll hard), but overall I'm not disliking it. I came here to see Raven's family on her mother's side after they left me a really good impression in Marv's previous six-issue mini and I'm satisfied by what's been done with them, both there and here. It's really rare in comics to see relatives (or just characters in general) that are both very devoted Christians and absolutely pleasant people and I applaud the writer's way of handling them so far.
    Well the first arc concluded satisfactorily for me. The Baron gets his wish and Ravens " Death " allows the Sisters to intervene.Very interesting group and I hope to see them again. Mother and daughter come together but Raven makes her own choices. The Barons overture to become part of a New Nightforce is rejected vociferously by Raven but solicitations for the second arc show that it is on the horizon. San Francisco is explained as well.