Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Future of the X-Men Gold team. (contains minor spoilers)

Off the current team Nightcrawler and Storm are now on X-Men Red.
    Colossus will be on Astonishing and OML already left. T
    What do you think will happen next?
    Will Iceman take over and create his own team?
    Will Mr. and Ms. X take over, or will they leave as well?
    Will the title be cancelled, or will a new team be formed (like was done with Astonishing X-Men)
    What do you think?

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

With the O5 seemingly destined to go back to their own time after the Extinction event I think Blue and Gold will booth get a soft relaunch with new rosters OR we will get "Uncanny X-MEN" relaunch.

Would like to see some players who have been neglected get some love like Psylocke, Bishop and Adult Beast.
    L'Enfer !

I do have to wonder if Rogue and Gambit are bcoming the two new leads as opposed to Kitty and Colossus.
    Colossus, Nightcrawler and Storm all have other team roles, so they may be leaving.
    This title is either getting a new cast or it's relaunching as UXM.
    No matter WHAT they do, the only thing that would make me give it another chance would be a new writer.

Romy as leaders!!

BANNED

Hickman/Sunspot take over for Uncanny X-Men.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Romy as leaders!!
    Meh, I don't want them leading a team together. Heck I don't want them in a team book together. It'll get old quick. Them in their duo book and separate in team books is fine with me.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    For a moment I thought you said Hickman was taking over Uncanny X-Men. I was like "hell yeah, fool!"
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

That's a fair question. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Rogue and Gambit took on a leadership role in X-men Gold. Since Colossus is moving to Astonishing and Storm is joining Red, they're probably in the best position to lead the team forward. I would also hope that Iceman sticks around. I think with his solo series coming back, the time is right for him to take on a more prominent role.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Since trades on Amazon are listed up to issue 36, and Blue's is two issues plus TBA, it's clear that the colour books are done. What I see happening is Red gets a rename after it's second trade (we've already had an artist claim they're drawing Jean for X-Force, but I think adjectiveless X-Men would suit it better), Gold is replaced by Uncanny, and Blue will just be gone, because the time displaced O5 will no longer be around after Extermination.

As for a new roster, I see it being something like Rogue, Gambit, Iceman, Pyro, Magik, Shadowcat, and Armor, with Wolverine coming back a few issues in (they need to wait for Return of Wolverine to finish). Of course that assumes it's still Guggs writing it. If not, anything could happen, as long as it doesn't involve mutants already in the Red and Astonishing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Of course, if they pull off this coup, then something like his Avengers is more likely and Sunspot and Cannonball would certainly be involved. He'd probably use all the big names even if they are in the other teams.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-19-2018 at 06:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hmmm, let Mr. & Mrs. X lead the team after the crying has been done and do get Iceman, Sunspot and Cannonball on their side. Then probably Magma, Magik and Cece will stay on the book as well.

PS: Hope we are done with Pyro II. We have Magma there, right? And if they need a fire guy, then get him replaced by T-Bird II or Match for all I care, no more Pyro II please.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

The NYT article suggests both Kitty and Colossus will still be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Meh, I don't want them leading a team together. Heck I don't want them in a team book together. It'll get old quick. Them in their duo book and separate in team books is fine with me.
    Seconded. No more Romy please.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The NYT article suggests both Kitty and Colossus will still be on the team.
    Nah, that's only a few issues, then Peter is off to the astonishing X-Men.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think both gold and blue will end eventually this year with a proper uncanny x-men. There really shouldn't even be a need for gold, with astonishing around.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Nah, that's only a few issues, then Peter is off to the astonishing X-Men.
    Rosenberg's run starts next month, there will be some overlap. Hopefully Gugg's run on Gold wraps at 36, I can see Kitty and maybe Rachel staying on whatever comes after.