Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hopefully it'll turn out to be one of Sinisters Gambit clones or Rogue is Mystique

Are people honestly surprise by this outcome? I want to see Gold defenders justify this now.

I'm just happy the mistake was done by characters that can handle the drama of a shotgun wedding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Are people honestly surprise by this outcome?
    Yes? If it wasn't for the shifty classified stuff, there'd be no reason to suspect that Kitty and Colossus weren't going to get married.

Are people honestly surprise by this outcome?
    Have you browsed a bit today? Many are surprised.
    No was expecting the cancellation and no one was expecting the wedding which took place instead.

Funny thing is that Marvel have said 'the internet will break' except for this surprise and now it kind of does break. Everybody who read the x-books and is on internet, twitter seems to talk about this today

Are people honestly surprise by this outcome? I want to see Gold defenders justify this now.

I'm just happy the mistake was done by characters that can handle the drama of a shotgun wedding.
    Many even thought of this possibility but think most like myself never thought marvel would have the guts .

This is a turning point for Rogue and Gambit and at the same time creates a huge drama full of expectations and disappointments regarding Kitty and Colossus and the future of the two.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    Rogue should get pregnant, absorb the mental capacity of her unborn child and be mentally a fetus from then on out?

Edit:
    This was probably in poor taste, but really... how would that work?
    Mutant family members generally have some level of immunity to each other's abilities. In Rogue's case any baby would have to be immune to her powers, otherwise she wouldn't be able to conceive at all.

Not interested in seeing any kids, AU or otherwise. It would be a sure sign that the writers are out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yes? If it wasn't for the shifty classified stuff, there'd be no reason to suspect that Kitty and Colossus weren't going to get married.
    I should've been clearer, sorry. I meant, being let down/unsatisfied by Gugg's writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Mutant family members generally have some level of immunity to each other's abilities. In Rogue's case any baby would have to be immune to her powers, otherwise she wouldn't be able to conceive at all.

Not interested in seeing any kids, AU or otherwise. It would be a sure sign that the writers are out of ideas.
    Personally i always imagined that neither Rogue or Gambit would be interested on having children, eacth other is enougth, but maybe that just me.

I mean is not usual, but some married couples do that.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did all see that of the top 10 topics discussed here today, 7 of them are about this.

It made quite an impression, I believe.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    It’s almost like a sitcom season finale. It’s so awful it’s great.

Also, Wahlberg’s not acting there. That’s how he normally looks. On-set catering is probably explaining the lunch menu to him or something.
    Exactly like the season 5 finale of the Fresh Prince where Will was set to marry Lisa then Lisa got cold feet, but then Will's mom and Lisa's father step in and got married instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    While I wouldn't mind seeing more family plots develop with Rogue and Gambit, I don't think it'll turn out well for them in the long run. JDW and other Marvel editors have gone on record as saying that marriage and kids ages characters to the point where they're too difficult to write. That's why Spider-Man's marriage got undone. It's why so few characters end up getting married or having kids. I don't agree with that sentiment, but I worry that if it's pursued under the current editorial staff, it won't turn out well.
    I thought of that this morning. I made the Spider-Man connection too. This twist was apparently imposed on the writers at last year's creative summit (early Dec.?) -- Kitty Pryde is no longer a teenager, but she is a particular character who plays a particular role in the X-Men saga. She's always been an independent, spirited, very opinionated young woman. I could not see Marvel tying her to Piotr as his wife. (I see Kitty quoting Katharine Hepburn -- *Live close by, visit often* regarding Colossus.) I didn't think she would go through with the wedding in GOLD #30.

Also, the whole #MeToo movement factored in, I think. A lot of people were concerned with the history of Kitty's relationship with Piotr, given she was only 13 years old at the time she developed a crush on him, but he, and adult male, reciprocated. Kind of disturbing to see her marry him now.

And for the record, I am very annoyed at the Rogue-Gambit marriage b/c now Gambit is nothing but an appendage of Rogue. Both characters are defined only by the other now. Glad for that small clique of fandom that gets off on Romy. This reads like a bad fangirl fan-fic; I'm so glad Thompson said in today's interview that she resisted the idea at first. Good for her; she's not imposing her fan-fic on the rest of us. But someone is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I can’t believe Rogue and Remy didn’t think of this ages ago. They’ve gotta have one kicking around the school somewhere.
    I laughed out loud when I saw that (and cussed a bit too). After after all these years? All that *I loves you Remy but I can't touch you* garbage? After countless stories that centered on Rogue trying to get her powers under control, and all it took was an inhibitor collar? (Which Xavier has had for many years--someone refresh my memory, there was a story arc where he removed one from a character and kept it--was it Sabertooth?)

YES. Thank you. Absolute pet peeve (no pun intended) of mine. Gives me the rage.
    It's not just a pet peeve, it's a moral stance! Don't get me started on how many genre tv shows, movies, and comics at the moment show cats being hurt, killed, ignored. I hate it when someone owns a cat in a movie or tv show, and they leave, or are killed, and no one cares about the kitties left behind. We need to know who'll be looking after Gambit's cats while he and Rogue go off into space.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So I went back some pages in some threads and found out about the leaks. This is me:

Just what?! Like, seriously?! How the hell was Guggs allowed to waste our time like that? This is probably one of the dumbest thing Marvel has ever done. A wedding switcheroo?! Freaking seriously?!
    Yea I’m not even mad about them not getting married. I’m mad about just how much time he wasted on that. I mean, it’s a pretty big chunk of Gold’s subplots. Imagine what other stories we could have had. Plus I feel bad for those who got the Wedding Special.

I kind of feel that way. Not that I wanted Kitty to marry Piotr. I figured she'd get cold-feet at the last minute. There'd be some twist. But this is kind of dumb of Marvel. I am one of Guggenheim's defenders; I like GOLD, I like his writing. I like seeing Kitty as the star of the book. I am paying $3.99 to read about Kitty and Colossus, not more Romy (to me) nonsense. Moreover, what kind of marketing strategy is this? Retailers must love it. They want warm bodies in the comic shops, they put in their orders for GOLD what? two months ago? People are going to come in asking for X-MEN GOLD #30, and there won't be enough copies to sell. Doesn't Marvel want to sell comic books? And reorders don't make the initial Diamond list of best selling comics. I just don't get the secrecy. I don't understand why Romy had to get married in THIS particular comic book. Why not promote a wedding in the upcoming MR. AND MRS. X book?

But yeah, anyway, I still like Guggenheim's writing, and I hope Kitty will still headline GOLD, but I didn't like this tricky sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea I’m not even mad about them not getting married. I’m mad about just how much time he wasted on that. I mean, it’s a pretty big chunk of Gold’s subplots. Imagine what other stories we could have had. Plus I feel bad for those who got the Wedding Special.
    The twist ending wasn't Guggs' call. But, really, even if it had gone through as planned, I feel like the build-up was a bit excessive given how much history those two had already (minus the wedding special, because Very Special Issues around events like this are expected).