Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    They're not in freefall, but they're dropping steadily without a letup.
    So, how are they different from practically any sales for comics in the history of comics?

Get Garth Ennis to write it and relaunch as a #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I would get a new creative team on it. This is my idea as to how to "fix" this.

Although without seeing some more numbers, like for sales in other formats, it's unsure if there is even anything to fix. For all I know Green Arrow might be doing gangbusters in trades right now.

Another important consideration: are sales still in freefall or have they levelled out?
    Seriously, if DC is worried about GA sales, they are looking at fixing them. If they consider it a problem, they will look at single sales, trades, and any TV show tie-ins. They may very well consider this a problem. They may not.

Me, personally, if I were given the job of increasing sales, I'd compare the usual drop in sales to every other DC book. If there's a marked difference (using stuff like statistical significance), pinpointing largest dropoffs is a typical first step used in business. Sales are the result of a problem, not the problem. Finding the reason for a drop in sales is what's needed.

A quick uneducated answer would be Mike Grell and/or Neil Adams variant covers.

I like the Batman teamup book idea but I dont think that would last very long. I would love to read about Bats and Ollie every month and would buy it until the end. Just don't know if everyone else would dig it as much.

What I would do is make GA a full member of the JL again. Bring in those "completist" sales. Tie in his book with the other solo leagers with the occasional x-over.

I don't particularly care for the "Team Arrow" thing but translating that to his comic would probably help a bit too.
    Batman - Daredevil

If Jeff Lemire were still writing it, and Andrea Sorrentonio were the artist, I'd still be buying this title.

Mighty Member

Leave Oliver Jonas Queen alone. He's had long-running solos since the 80's. He obviously sells moderately well. Save these posts for characters like Cyborg or Martian Manhunter.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

We are constantly told we’re in a new age of gritty adult super hero comics, with a more realistic appraisal of how super heroes might function in a real world.

Classic Green Arrow really doesn’t fit in, once you supposedly have ruthless super villains with ultra modern technology, a guy hitting the streets armed with a bow and arrow, a cool goatee, and the ability to cook chilli is a wee bit ridiculous.

Great for kids comics, and die hard fans who are happy to say “you don’t get comics” however absurd a heroes powerset is. But shock horror...there actually is a case for saying powersets are important in super hero comics, and some of them make more sense than others.

I’d power GA up. I’d actually have him experience a freak accident, and give him Spider-man level powers...at least for a few years. Try something new, for once.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    . . . I’d power GA up. I’d actually have him experience a freak accident, and give him Spider-man level powers...at least for a few years.
    You mean make him more like Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean make him more like Batman?
    Lol.

But yes, that is one route to go.

If you’re a non meta in a world of super villains, etc..you use every ounce of ingenuity and technology you can lay your hands on to give yourself a fighting chance.

What you don’t do is limit yourself to 16th century technology.

Ollie should arguably go the Arsenal route that Roy went ages ago, but with more panache and style...if it’s regarded as breaking one of comics “sacred laws” to give him useful powers.

Ollie should arguably go the Arsenal route that Roy went ages ago, but with more panache and style...if it’s regarded as breaking one of comics “sacred laws” to give him useful powers.
    Just don't give Ollie a bionic arm and have him swinging a dead cat as his weapon of choice.

Extraordinary Member

I still wish Andy Diggle would've done more GA than just Y1. Bringing back Jeff Lemire and Sorrentino would bring me back as well. That said, I always thought a good crime writer could do wonders for GA. I'd love it if Brubaker were given a shot on this book. I mean, despite Daredevil's powers, Brubaker's run on the character was never terribly fantastical in the comic book sense. Neither was Bendis,' who in fact, may be a perfect fit for this character given Bendis' fondness of dialogue and GA's talkative nature.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

We are constantly told we’re in a new age of gritty adult super hero comics, with a more realistic appraisal of how super heroes might function in a real world.

Classic Green Arrow really doesn’t fit in, once you supposedly have ruthless super villains with ultra modern technology, a guy hitting the streets armed with a bow and arrow, a cool goatee, and the ability to cook chilli is a wee bit ridiculous.

Great for kids comics, and die hard fans who are happy to say “you don’t get comics” however absurd a heroes powerset is. But shock horror...there actually is a case for saying powersets are important in super hero comics, and some of them make more sense than others.

I’d power GA up. I’d actually have him experience a freak accident, and give him Spider-man level powers...at least for a few years. Try something new, for once.
    You must be new to the character.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    . . . Bendis,' who in fact, may be a perfect fit for this character given Bendis' fondness of dialogue and GA's talkative nature.
    But does Bendis actually do good dialogue or pointless crap?

As someone who has, unfortunately, read a helluva lot of Bendis' books......pointless crap.
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But does Bendis actually do good dialogue or pointless crap?

Well, I'm loving his MOS at the moment, as I did his U. Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Defenders.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.