Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man Solicitations For September 2018

EDGE OF SPIDERGEDDON #3 & #4 (of 4)
    Issue #3 - JASON LATOUR (W) • TONCI ZONJIC (A/C)
    Issue #3 - Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
    Issue #4 - AARON KUDER (W) • AARON KUDER (A/C)
    Issue #4 - Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
    ISSUE #3 –
    • Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider, and it causes his Uncle Ben no end of troubles.
    • Until, that is, Ben gets shot in a mugging and Peter’s blood donation turns Ben into a Spider-Hero, too!
    • There’s a new dynamic duo in town, and the story doesn’t go where you think it will!
    ISSUE #4 –
    • Science-Industrialist Norman Osborn’s life changed when a radioactive spider bit him.
    • With young scientist Peter Parker working for his company, Norman became a very different Spider-Man and changed the world.
    • Now, however, Norman’s son Harry is seen wearing a green armor suit and threatening everything Norman has built!
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

SPIDERGEDDON #0
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • CLAYTON CRAIN (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY TBA (1 OF 6)
    Marvel’s Spider-Man Video Game Variant Cover BY SING JI
    SPIDERGEDDON IS HERE!
    • The end of all Spiders doesn’t exclude the star of the most anticipated video game of 2018!
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man is out September 7, 2018 exclusively on PlayStation 4. He makes his Marvel Comics debut on September 26!
    • How does he enter the Marvel Universe and what role will he play in the final chapter of SPIDER-VERSE?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • GARRY BROWN (A)
    Cover by ACO
    Variant Cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
    Marvel’s Spider-Man Video Game Variant Cover BY DENNIS CHAN
    TIES THAT BIND!
    Years ago, Spider-Man came back from an alien world with a fantastic new costume — one he eventually learned was a living alien symbiote looking to bond with him permanently! But before he rejected the costume that went on to become VENOM, many a night the symbiote would creep onto Peter, and unbeknownst to its host, take them out into the night!
    Now, for the first time, see just what the symbiote steered Peter into during these mysterious nighttime excursions! Saladin Ahmed (BLACK BOLT) weaves an ALL-NEW nightmare fairy tale, illustrated by the incomparable Garry Brown, in what is sure to be a dream book for any Spider-Man fan!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #5
    NICK SPENCER (W) • RYAN OTTLEY (A/C)
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    Marvel’s Spider-Man Video Game Variant Cover BY DARYL MANDRYK
    • Things look bad for Peter Parker…
    • …but GREAT for Spider-Man!
    • The first arc of the epic new run on ASM comes to a climactic finish!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6
    NICK SPENCER (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VARIANT COVER BY PAUL RENAUD
    • Wondering when Boomerang’s status as Spider-Man’s roommate would blow up?
    • Yeah, it’s this issue. Uh-oh.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #23
    JODY HOUSER (W) • SCOTT KOBLISH (A)
    COVER BY EDUARD PETROVICH
    • The Spider-Family has faced tight budgets, city-crushing robots, a mom-warping symbiote, and even a little adolescent angst.
    • But no experience could prepare them for the fight ahead--the execution of Mister Sinister’s master plan, and a threat to super-powered people across the globe!
    • Here’s hoping the Parkers’ resolve is stronger than the Parker luck…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

VENOM #6
    DONNY CATES (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • After a brief connection to the GOD-HOST, EDDIE and the VENOM symbiote have emerged with brand new powers!
    • A good thing too, as they’ll need every upgrade they can get as they head down a collision course with the primordial symbiote GRENDEL!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

VENOM: FIRST HOST #2 (of 5)
    MIKE COSTA (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY ROD REIS
    • The mystery of VENOM’S first host continues to unfold as EDDIE and the VENOM are ambushed by a Skrull only to be saved by an unlikely ally, a Kree soldier named TEL-KAR!
    • But why are these two following Eddie? And why did TEL-KAR call it HIS symbiote?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

VENOM: FIRST HOST #3 (of 5)
    VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    AN ALL-OUT ALIEN INVASION IN MANHATTAN!
    • After the extraterrestrial ambush of last issue, the Venom symbiote will have to choose between allowing its newborn offspring to die…or separate from Eddie Brock!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

VENOM: FIRST HOST #4 (of 5)
    VARIANT COVER BY PAULO SIQUEIRA
    • Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been SEPARATED, but Brock isn’t giving up without a fight!
    • With a pair of unlikely allies, Brock takes the fight to his symbiote’s home turf…outer space!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

VENOM: FIRST HOST #5 (of 5)
    VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER GARRON
    • As if things couldn’t get any worse, Tel-Kar, THE FIRST HOST, has set his sights on Earth!
    • Though this Kree soldier may have been a war hero for his beloved homeworld, he has no such affections for Earth…
    • …and all that’s standing between him and the planet…IS VENOM!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #23 & #24
    PETER DAVID (W) • WILL SLINEY (A)
    CoverS by KHARY RANDOLPH
    • They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and in BEN REILLY’s case, that may be literal!
    • For months, Ben’s attempts to cure a young girl’s rare illness have proved fruitless — that is, until a mysterious benefactor from the DIOGENES INITIATIVE reaches out to him with the promise of salvation…for a price.
    • Ben’s made his fair share of bad choices in the past, but will it matter if he makes this one for the right reasons? And more importantly, will that be enough to save his soul?
    32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)

PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #309
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    • What should have been a simple altercation with Sandman turns VERY dark.
    • A tale unbound by time itself threatens Spider-Man in never-before-seen ways!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #310
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • CHIP ZDARSKY (A)
    COVER BY Adam Kubert
    • A very special issue of SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN written AND drawn by CHIP ZDARSKY!
    • When filmmakers set out to document Spider-Man’s impact on New York City, they couldn’t have
    predicted what was going to happen to them next.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #38 & 39
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • MATT HORAK (A)
    CoverS by DAVE JOHNSON
    • When raising a child, you need to show them the world. What thoughtful parent WOULDN’T introduce that child to the most dangerous spot on the whole planet?
    • Uh-oh. Well, anyway, Spider-Man and Deadpool visit THE SAVAGE LAND with the Master Matrix. Introducing the most powerful young robot in the world to the most volatile area couldn’t go wrong, could it?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

https://www.newsarama.com/40452-marv...e=notification
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-19-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Scarlet Spider and RYV look like they're ending, and still no Miles or Gwen so I guess they relaunch out of Spider-Geddon.

Why is Spidey/DP not cancelled yet? Despicable Deadpool's ending should make it impossible for the story to continue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Scarlet Spider and RYV look like they're ending
    I think both will end in October, possibly as SpiderGeddon tie-ins

Scarlet Spider and RYV look like they're ending
    Curious why do you think RYV is ending? I didn’t get that from the solicit.

There are SO MANY AWESOME Spider titles coming out/going on.

Definitely Pulling:

Amazing Spider-Man #5 #6- Spencers run sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun.

ASM Renew Your Vows #23- Love this book and I hope it’s not cancelled.

Venom #6- Hands down my favorite new series, cates is on fire!

Spider-Geddon #0- Really looking forward to this!

Maybe:

ASM Annual #1- Will wait and see how this is before I spend money on it.

Chopping Block:

Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man- It’s not doing it for me personally. Oddly enough I am loving Zdarsky’s Marvel 2 in 1 book though.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Curious why do you think RYV is ending? I didn’t get that from the solicit.
    Thieu solicits are summing the storylines of the last few months in a "it all comes down to this" kind of fashion. Usually, that's reserved for finales.

Thoughts:

- It's kind of interesting to see that most of the titles in the Spider-Man line right now pretty much all star Peter. I know we're probably going to get more books coming out of Spider-Geddon, but I thought it was noticeable.

- Peter and Uncle Ben teaming-up as Spider-Men? I'm curious if Latour will write them similar to his Earth-65 takes on the pair. And I guess Norman as Spider-Man was an inevitable story to be told.

- I'm guessing things look "bad" for Peter Parker but "great" for Spider-Man because Spidey manages to stop the Peter Parker double, but that also screws Peter up.

- Well, I guess at least Spencer didn't draw out the Boomerang thing, although that might also play into the Parker double.

- The "Diogenes Initiative" sounds like the same kind of thing Ben-27 was pulling during Clone Conspiracy, which I guess makes it apropos.

- I guess it was only a matter of time before Zdarsky drew his own Spider-Man issue.

I think it's very safe to assume they're using Spidergeddon as a jumping off point to relaunch majority of their Spider books. We're getting a new Miles and Gwen for sure, I could very well see Spectacular continuing, but getting a new #1, just because its one of the few that still have the legacy numbering. Spider-Man/Deadpool sells pretty well, especially in trades, so I can see that going on for as long as they want, Scarlet Spider and RYV are question marks, so we'll just have to see if they continue, and what other new Spider books they're gonna launch alongside the rest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- It's kind of interesting to see that most of the titles in the Spider-Man line right now pretty much all star Peter. I know we're probably going to get more books coming out of Spider-Geddon, but I thought it was noticeable.

- Peter and Uncle Ben teaming-up as Spider-Men? I'm curious if Latour will write them similar to his Earth-65 takes on the pair. And I guess Norman as Spider-Man was an inevitable story to be told.

- I'm guessing things look "bad" for Peter Parker but "great" for Spider-Man because Spidey manages to stop the Peter Parker double, but that also screws Peter up.

- Well, I guess at least Spencer didn't draw out the Boomerang thing, although that might also play into the Parker double.

- The "Diogenes Initiative" sounds like the same kind of thing Ben-27 was pulling during Clone Conspiracy, which I guess makes it apropos.

- I guess it was only a matter of time before Zdarsky drew his own Spider-Man issue.
    And karmic, yes, if Ben ends up getting screwed over by the Diogenes Initiative the same way he as the Jackal manipulated and tricked so many others.

I am looking forward to Spidergeddon, though, as I'm morbidly curious about the one that has Norman Osborn, of all people, becoming Spider-Man with the aid of Peter Parker, and what will be the impetus for Harry Osborn in that reality to become the Green Goblin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I am looking forward to Spidergeddon, though, as I'm morbidly curious about the one that has Norman Osborn, of all people, becoming Spider-Man with the aid of Peter Parker, and what will be the impetus for Harry Osborn in that reality to become the Green Goblin.
    Simple its quality father and son time being taken away from Harry

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

I'm loving the cover with Spidey and all the villains! White Rabbit and Boomerang! I trust in Nick Spencer.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Both venom issues plus the first host mini sound great. Good time to be a venom fan
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 06-19-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

Scarlet Spider and RYV look like they're ending, and still no Miles or Gwen so I guess they relaunch out of Spider-Geddon.

Why is Spidey/DP not cancelled yet? Despicable Deadpool's ending should make it impossible for the story to continue.
    I disagree about Scarlet Spider. It does not sound like that to me.

Talking

How Uncle Ben gets his powers sounds so corny (it is the same way She-Hulk was created if I recall), but otherwise these stories all look interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

We’re getting more spider titles? Like what, I wonder?

BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #23 & #24
    PETER DAVID (W) • WILL SLINEY (A)
    CoverS by KHARY RANDOLPH
    • They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and in BEN REILLY’s case, that may be literal!
    • For months, Ben’s attempts to cure a young girl’s rare illness have proved fruitless — that is, until a mysterious benefactor from the DIOGENES INITIATIVE reaches out to him with the promise of salvation…for a price.
    • Ben’s made his fair share of bad choices in the past, but will it matter if he makes this one for the right reasons? And more importantly, will that be enough to save his soul?

----

Well, this seems to signify an end. By "this" I mean that we may be getting some sort of resolution to Abigail Mercury's illness, and that has been one constant throughout the book from beginning to now. Whether that means a new direction/story for Ben, an ending to the the comic, or something else remains to be seen. Regardless, I've been on this bumpy right with Ben all the way, and I look forward to seeing what September has in store for both him and Kaine.

-Pav, who still has reasons to hope the book will continue in some form...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details