Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,141

    Default Wonder Woman Solicits for Sept (Spoilers)

    WONDER WOMAN EARTH ONE VOL. 2 HC
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    For years, Diana of Paradise Island yearned to leave the only home she knew behind for adventures that laid beyond its shores. Now, after a fateful meeting with Air Force pilot Steve Trevor, the Amazon Warrior finds herself in Man’s World. And she is ready for anything that it may throw at her.
    But is the world ready for Wonder Woman? An American government, fraught with dissension and conflicts foreign to Diana, has deemed her a danger to society. How will Wonder Woman carry out her mission of peace and love in a world that can’t get out of its own way? That is, unless there are more insidious forces at play...
    Don’t miss the second volume in the WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE original graphic novel series!
    ON SALE 10.03.18
    $24.99 US | 136 PAGES | FC

    WONDER WOMAN #54
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by RAUL ALLEN
    cover by DAVID YARDIN
    variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Diana’s model U.N. project goes up in flames when she tries to intervene and stop the exiled Bana-Mighdall Amazons from invading the nation of Qurac under false pretenses. She clashes with Artemis, who wants her exiled sisters to go to war, despite the fact that the expat Amazons are being manipulated...by none other than the deadly Rustam, Quraci seditionist and rebel leader! Now it’s up to Wonder Woman to lasso this runaway war train before it can get up to speed—and it’s about to pull out of the station.
    ON SALE 09.12.18$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

    WONDER WOMAN #55
    written by STEVE ORLANDO
    art by RAUL ALLEN
    cover by DAVID YARDIN
    variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Then, two armies stand ready to annihilate each other, with Wonder Woman and Artemis caught in the middle, fighting for the souls of the exiled Amazons living in Bana-Mighdall! Does Diana possess the might and diplomatic prowess to convince her sisters to stop their march toward war? Who will fall beneath the flaming swords of Rustam? And more importantly, how does she make sure this doesn’t happen again? Will Diana have to Occupy the Amazons?!
    ON SALE 09.26.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

    ---

    Morrison returns to the Amazing Amazon and it looks like we have Orlando for two more issues where Diana and Artemis are chilling together and getting political.

    I'm not reading Red Hood and the Outlaws, but I know there's been some Quraci continuity stuff going on there with Artemis's search for the Bow of Ra...I may be wrong, but I don't think we've seen Rustam since his appearance in Justice League vs Suicide Squad.

    Interesting that the Banas are still apart from the Themyscirans in Rebirth. Do you prefer them as separate societies or would you like to see them together on the island like the pre-DCnU continuity eventually had them come together?

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Looks like Diana will also appear in:

    HEROES IN CRISIS #1

    Written by Tom King, art and cover by Clay Mann, variant covers by J.G. Jones, Mark Brooks, Francesco Mattina.

    There's a new kind of crisis threatening the heroes of the DC Universe, ripped from real-world headlines by C.I.A.-operative-turned-comics-writer Tom King: How does a superhero handle PTSD? Welcome to Sanctuary, an ultra-secret hospital for superheroes who've been traumatized by crime-fighting and cosmic combat. But something goes inexplicably wrong when many patients wind up dead, with two well-known operators as the prime suspects: Harley Quinn and Booster Gold! It's up to the DC Trinity of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman to investigate -- but can they get the job done in the face of overwhelming opposition?

    ---

    And over in Justice League, it's Diana vs Cheetah and Black Manta.

    JUSTICE LEAGUE #7

    Written by Scott Sndyer, art and cover by Jim Cheung and Mark Morales, variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams.

    It's wall-to-Source-Wall Justice League action as artist Jim Cheung rejoins writer Scott Snyder! Hawkgirl takes wing against Legion of Doom leader Lex Luthor; John Stewart faces off with old foe Sinestro; the Flash must run down the Still Force-empowered Gorilla Grodd; and Wonder Woman tackles the tag team of Black Manta and Cheetah -- underwater, no less!

    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Sept. 5.

    JUSTICE LEAGUE #8

    Written by James Tynion IV, art and cover by Mikel Janin, variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams.

    Part two of the "Legion of Doom" storyline focuses on Lex Luthor's recruiting efforts -- and this time around, he's targeting both Cheetah and Black Manta for membership! Lex knows just what buttons to push to acquire his super-powered muscle, and this issue it's all about getting revenge on Wonder Woman and Aquaman, respectively. We bet they sign right up as soon as they find out Lex has Metal's Batman Who Laughs locked up in Doom HQ!

    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Sept. 19.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Diana turns leader for magical mayhem...

    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #3

    Written by James Tynion IV, art and cover by Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez, variant cover by Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion.

    Wonder Woman! Swamp Thing! Zatanna! Man-Bat! Um...Detective Chimp! The JL Dark team may not be strong or deep enough to stop the omnipotent Upside-Down Man from taking over our entire plane of existence. UDM takes the JLD apart one by one, but Wonder Woman might have enough mojo to keep everyone alive. Turns out Diana had a power not even she knew about that bursts to the surface, but will it be enough to turn the Upside-Down Man on his head, or is it just a lot of mystical mumbo jumbo?

    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Sept. 26.

  4. #4
    Marston > Kirby Vaffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #3

    .... Turns out Diana had a power not even she knew about that bursts to the surface, but will it be enough to turn the Upside-Down Man on his head, or is it just a lot of mystical mumbo jumbo?

    ....
    Do what now?

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    ALL of these sound interesting, some could be potentially GREAT!

    Orlando may be just what the Wonder Woman book needs.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,684

    Default

    Earth One Volume 2 will no doubt be the highlight. I can't wait to own it.

    Cheetah getting focus in JL is great, though I'm curious how that underwater battle will pan out with her lol.

    Orlando would get me interested if we just knew for sure how long he would be on the title. I think the story sounds solid, but if it's just filler i still may not get it. But being caught in a tense political situation and trying to resolve things with diplomacy before they get out of hand is precisely the type of situation Diana should be in. That and the Mayfly reformation issue sound like Orlando gets the character. And no Jason in sight!

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Slim Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    8 Mile
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Was hoping for word on a creative team by now. But I've liked the sound of every Orlando issue so far. Might just go ahead and check his issues out until whatever happens happens. I need some Wonder Woman in my life.

    I'm more interested in JL Dark than I thought I would.

  8. #8
    Amazing Member WonderSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Very interesting, september can not come soon enough

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Joao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Interesting that the Banas are still apart from the Themyscirans in Rebirth. Do you prefer them as separate societies or would you like to see them together on the island like the pre-DCnU continuity eventually had them come together?
    I like them separate, but I wouldn't mind some interactions between them or explanations about it. I assume we still have the Pérez's origin for the Banas since the background/looks for the amazons is so similar.

    I think it's too great of a story to be told sparingly in random titles. Someone should do a proper flashback about it in the main WW title and use it effectively.

  10. #10
    Incredible Member RepHope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Can’t wait for Earth One vol 2, especially since Dr. Psycho will play a role in it apparently.

    JL Dark sounds amazing.

    I hope Orlando does a good job here before we get the new creative team.

  11. #11
    The Comixeur Mel Dyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    It's almost, as if this cycle of stories should have come on the heels of the 2017 blockbustier movie, ..with James's "Children Of The Gods" kicking off in September or October 2018. Think about it - Diana against ARTEMIS, after a movie that so epically brought the Amazons to life on the silver screen...

    It would have been perfect.

    One thing bothers me about these solicits, ..and some of you already know what it is. Here's a gauntlet of really, heavy, melodramatic stories, with seemingly no Etta, Steve, Doc Julia or Ferdinand mentioned. This comic still has no cast, it seems. Writers/editors persist in writing Diana, like Batman or Superman or some other male hero, in stories, driven by the hero's solitary need for revenge or control of extraordinary threats. While it appears the WW comic has finally moved beyond the over-selling of Jason, ..without strong regulars, like Etta, who humanize Diana...

    Will we really have Wonder Woman, back?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-19-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Look alive, Kangaliers!

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Do what now?
    She gets a super solar flare...

    (Juuuuuuust kidding.)

    I'm guessing it'll be some mystic "can detect magic" sense. Instead of a Spidey-Sense it'll be an Amazon Arcana Awareness. lol

    We'll see what happens, but she's already powerful enough in my mind without additional powers. I'd hate to see them shoehorn in some new magical ability just because they decided she needed to lead this team. ::shrugs shoulders::

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I like them separate, but I wouldn't mind some interactions between them or explanations about it. I assume we still have the Pérez's origin for the Banas since the background/looks for the amazons is so similar.

    I think it's too great of a story to be told sparingly in random titles. Someone should do a proper flashback about it in the main WW title and use it effectively.
    I would kind of like them to be separate for a while too, to really take advantage of Banas - I guess similarly to how Orlando is using them in this story.

    I thought Perez was brilliant for introducing them and I loved the perpetual sandstorm that protected their location, like the chaos storm protecting Themyscira. It's a real opportunity to establish and build out the Egyptian gods too and have them be a bigger part of the DCU. Whatever happens between the Banas and the Themyscirans (whenever we have access to the Themyscira again) could be intriguingly played out by the Olympians and Egyptian gods as well.

    Some of that could play out with Black Adam, Isis, and Osiris too (if we get the latter two back sometime), as well as Doctor Fate. I kind of liked pre-DCnU where Johns was going with the Wizard, Nabu, the Hawks, Teth Adam, the Orb of Ra (Metamorpho), etc. in ancient Egypt/Kahndaq.

    Once some stories are told with the Banas though, I do think it's worth bringing them both back together...perhaps with any other lost tribes of Amazons out there.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It's almost, as if this cycle of stories should have come on the heels of the 2017 blockbustier movie, ..with James's "Children Of The Gods" kicking off in September or October 2018. Think about it - Diana against ARTEMIS, after a movie that so epically brought the Amazons to life on the silver screen...

    It would have been perfect.

    One thing bothers me about these solicits, ..and some of you already know what it is. Here's a gauntlet of really, heavy, melodramatic stories, with seemingly no Etta, Steve, Doc Julia or Ferdinand mentioned. This comic still has no cast, it seems. Writers/editors persist in writing Diana, like Batman or Superman or some other male hero, in stories, driven by the hero's solitary need for revenge or control of extraordinary threats. While it appears the WW comic has finally moved beyond the over-selling of Jason, ..without strong regulars, like Etta, who humanize Diana...

    Will we really have Wonder Woman, back?
    I feel you, regarding the supporting characters. And, while I like the direction Orlando is going in with the political story, part of me just wants a couple of good years by a writer filled with Diana's costumed villains and supporting characters, digging into her past concepts, intrigue, mysteries, soap opera, superheroics, and page-turning surprises.

    I want to get caught up in the daring and fun and danger with Diana on a biweekly basis.

    :lights candle to Athena and Aphrodite and prays for it to happen::

  15. #15
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I would kind of like them to be separate for a while too, to really take advantage of Banas - I guess similarly to how Orlando is using them in this story.

    I thought Perez was brilliant for introducing them and I loved the perpetual sandstorm that protected their location, like the chaos storm protecting Themyscira. It's a real opportunity to establish and build out the Egyptian gods too and have them be a bigger part of the DCU. Whatever happens between the Banas and the Themyscirans (whenever we have access to the Themyscira again) could be intriguingly played out by the Olympians and Egyptian gods as well.

    Some of that could play out with Black Adam, Isis, and Osiris too (if we get the latter two back sometime), as well as Doctor Fate. I kind of liked pre-DCnU where Johns was going with the Wizard, Nabu, the Hawks, Teth Adam, the Orb of Ra (Metamorpho), etc. in ancient Egypt/Kahndaq.

    Once some stories are told with the Banas though, I do think it's worth bringing them both back together...perhaps with any other lost tribes of Amazons out there.
    I'd like to see the Bana and Themysciran Amazons unite against Astarte and her space Amazons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •