Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Considering the limitations placed upon the show by standards and practices I thought Korra, and Asami's relationship was handled fairly well. Would have been nice if they could have done more, but it's all a process, eh?
    I had to agreed, to be honest i was shocked that they actually went with the idea, never thought that it would ever happen in a Nick show. Still as a big fan of Avatar (both Aang and Korra), romance was always the weakest points of both shows, is not bad, but for me i just couldn't feel very invested in any of then, not sure why.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member

Well to be fair with Korra and Asami the vast majority of it was subtext and hinted at, I don't think that they ever outright admitted to their feelings or did anything more than holding hands at the very end so it wasn't anything to obvious...

But I think that Kitty would really damage her relationship with Colossus if she suddenly started dating Illyana, it'd have to be years down the line before that could happen...or Marvel just didn't care...

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Agreed. It didn't just come out of nowhere, and Michael and Bryan did the best they could considering Nickelodeon. Especially with Nick sabotaging the series as best as they could.
    With how they were portrayed together in second half of the series, you could definitely get the vibes. You certainly would have if they were an opposite-sex pairing at least.

Sabotage feels like a strong word in the show's situation. The show was incredibly expensive to produce per episode, and didn't deliver the results the network would have liked. Considering cheaper productions did significantly better the fact that we got Four seasons was pretty awesome. Re-Scheduling definitely sucked, and pulling the show to be Internet exclusive did as well, but we still got the show.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had to agreed, to be honest i was shocked that they actually went with the idea, never thought that it would ever happen in a Nick show. Still as a big fan of Avatar (both Aang and Korra), romance was always the weakest points of both shows, is not bad, but for me i just couldn't feel very invested in any of then, not sure why.
    Yeah, I'll concede that romance was in no way one of the franchise's strengths. Definitely respected that they went for it though, as much as they could anyway. The sequel comics get into a bit more, they're alright.

Now Nickelodeon has shown a willingness to be less ambiguous with LGBT themes. Not to the extent of ending a series with a lead protagonist in a same-sex relationship, but having a supporting character have Two dads, and the like.

This is probably enough of a tangent however, there used to be a fairly active TLA/LOK thread in the TV/Movies forum.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well to be fair with Korra and Asami the vast majority of it was subtext and hinted at, I don't think that they ever outright admitted to their feelings or did anything more than holding hands at the very end so it wasn't anything to obvious...

But I think that Kitty would really damage her relationship with Colossus if she suddenly started dating Illyana, it'd have to be years down the line before that could happen...or Marvel just didn't care...
    They made the ending as blatant as they could with Nickelodeon over their backs, with the song "Aang's Love", a pose that only gets used for romantic couples, and the colors of the sky being the exact colors of the bisexuality pride flag.

Ultimate Member

I wasn't denying that the characters were bi or that they didn't intend them to be together, only that they were vague enough for there to be many interpretations of it if the viewer wanted it...

Don't put that on Rachel and Illy please. They're both too good for her

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wasn't denying that the characters were bi or that they didn't intend them to be together, only that they were vague enough for there to be many interpretations of it if the viewer wanted it...
    and that was my point. If it isn't blatant, people claim that we're just seeing what we want to see. If it's more blatant, people claim they're pushing the "gay agenda".

BANNED

it's problematic she ever came back from being in a bullet

"Not Just a Phase" is a Rachel and Kitty more than just friends circa Excalibur reading that is well evinced and joyously celebrated by X-Men X-plain podcasting X-trodinaires Jay and Miles...they even made the idea into a T-shirt!

"They're here, they're queer, they're... almost canonical! Celebrate one of the all-time great not-quite-subtextual X-Men romances, with art by Scott Koblish and design by Dylan Todd."

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/75...tore_id=189480

It's great being turned around...and around...in and out strangely x-uberant shimmering queerly-in-newness by two such wonderfully sensitive and intelligent abundantly generous uncannily human humans.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-14-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Fantastic Member

Its creepy and disgusting 'cause Kitty was her mother figure in DOFP.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Their friendship turned pretty clearly towards a relationship at the end of Book 3 and into Book 4. Especially with Asami being the only person Korra wrote to while she was recovering.
    I disagree.

There was nothing there in book 3 at all. They were just friends than all of a sudden in book 4 Korra wants something more even though neither ever were hinted at even being attracted to girls in that way. It was poorly written and had zero build up.

Heck the letters and stuff was all handled off screen and just randomly mentioned in book 4.

They clearly decided after book 3 that they wanted Korra to get with someone and her relationship with Mako and Bolin was never going to end up romantically anymore due to circumstances and them screwing up their original end game (Mako as Korra was only supposed to have 1 Book, popularity gave it 3 more.) So they chose Asami who literally had no romantic relationship or feelings for Korra for 3 books straight.

Worse is that Asami is the Ex of Korra's original endgame love interest, Mako. It gives off the vibe that Mako is such a horrible person that he caused his Exs to swear off men completely, neither had any other Male love interests after Mako, and get together even though they both tried to "win him" in the past against the other
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-14-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Rachel is off limits now.

Marvel is punishing the victim and will have Rachel have kids with Ahab now against her will or used as a breeding project to create the ultimate hound while Jean and co. don't care.

Ultimate Member

You forgot Sardorim, the part where after the kids are revealed Jean suddenly cares about Rachel again and is furious at Ahab for doing that to her favorite daughter Rachel...

Only to forget she exists in the very next issue.

See X-Men: Red.