Default DCNU/Rebirth reading order

I tend to get my TPBs when I find them cheap second hand - so they come in in a very random order.

Right now, I'm not that far into the DCNU Superman, but I have also got a couple of the first Rebirth books - but I've also got The Final Days of Superman which is labelled as "Road to Rebirth".

My question is - If I want to start reading my Rebirth Superman TPBs, should I read this book first, or am I better off going straight into the Rebirth books and then saving The Final Days of Superman to read once I've read the rest of the DCNU books?

Thanks

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Chronologically it's really best to read that before Rebirth but... it's not actually all that relevant. The Convergence Superman special, then the Lois and Clark series do all the heavy lifting for set up where Final Days is really just the end of the New 52 story. Some of the story beats that look important actually aren't. So really, I'd go straight to Rebirth if LandC isn't convenient.

The Lex story to set up Rebirth actually happened in Justice League, too.

If you want to know all the details about how Rebirth gets set up, I’d go:
    Lois & Clark -> Darkseid War -> Final Days of Superman -> Superman & Action Comics Rebirth

Thanks - I didn't even know about the Lois and Clark book.

Sounds like I might be best waiting till I've read all of the DCNU stuff before starting on Rebirth.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

You can, but the Rebirth books did a pretty good job being new reader friendly. I think you could skip the Lois & Clark book entirely--unless you are a big fan of Jurgens's writing.

If you are, I would pick it up, but if you are lukewarm towards him as I am, you could easily skip it and jump straight into Rebirth. Heck, you could probably skip most of Jurgens Action Comics stuff, too. It's chock-full of filler issues, although it might read better as a trade.

Nah, Jurgens really isn't my cup of tea.

Okay, I'll probably go for it at some point. So if I do - without buying any more books than I have (so no Lois and Clark or Darkseid War) - should I start with Son of Superman or The Final Days of Superman?

Thanks.