Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Beautiful issue all around.

The last page nearly did bring a tear to my eye. The idea of Spider-Man having always been there for me, and continuing to do so, is quite powerful. (Assuming Dan meant the character in general, and not just the creators, specifically, as the afterword potentially implies. But either way, it works, I suppose)

Now, one element of the story, which I'm not sure was intentional, is the realization that Peter is missing out on most of these moments that the story praises. Being there for the good times and the bad. For us, as readers, he certainly is. Yet, the whole crux of the Spidey story is the fact that he keeps having to balance these responsibilities, which his loved ones seem to pay the price for, often. While Spidey is out here for all of us, those close to him may feel let down. Part of the inherit tragedy of being Spider-Man. Maybe it doesn't need to be stated.

Anyway, great job, Dan!
    That's an interesting point about Peter. I thought that a drawback on this issue as a celebration of Spider-Man (as an issue, it's wonderful) was that we don't see Peter Parker, but it does touch on something he sacrifices, when he isn't aware of the good he does.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

What I loved about this issue is, like everyone else mentioned, this really is an encapsulation of what makes Spider-Man one of the most important heroes. Despite all the preconceptions people have, like the girl did, he still saves people's lives, lives which they are able to continue to be there for their family. The moment near the end reminds me of a backup story from the BND era (I forget the exact number), where Peter and Norah go to an exhibit and everyone's laughing at Spider-Man's Spider-Mobile and how much of a loser he is, and then a mother chews out her son because Spider-Man saved his father's life.

And Spider-Man/Peter not being a major focus in the issue works too because like a couple of the other posts mentioned, he never realizes just how much of an impact he has on everyone's lives, all because of his own. As an individual story/issue, I would say this is one of the best, Slott & Martin really are the perfect pair (fingers crossed we get a FF story from them)

I enjoyed it. Pretty much what I expected. I really liked the "flashback" scenes at the carry-out. Looked like Ditko stepped in to draw Spider-Man Sad to see the run end, but at the same time I'm looking forward to what's next. Thanks for the great stories Dan! Getting ready to read Tony Stark - Iron Man next while I await the Fantastic Four!

I wasn't necessarily expecting anything relating to heavily from the last arc, but at least better focus on the hero. Of course as I say that, one of my main complaints has been Peter's voice so maybe it's for the best.

Don't get me wrong, this was a very good story, but I feel it would've been better served anywhere other than the finale (imo).

Side note: anybody else think Spider-Man really trashed that place more than he needed to? Yeah, he was armed with hostages, but we've seen him stop bigger situations with much more finesse. Just sayin'

Really good issue. Thanks a lot for the ride Mr. Slott, and who knows? maybe you and Peter Parker will cross paths again in the future. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Nice issue; pretty much what I expected---and what Slott promised after the big finale of #800. Not quite as good as the "No One Dies" issue that he teamed with Martin on but in a similar, though lighter, vein. Loved how Martin got to strut his Ditko-esque chops during the first part of the issue and Vicente's colors were outrageously good. Loved the callback to the cover of AF #15 and also a nice nod back to "Swing Shift", Slott's first ASM Spidey story. A good issue and a fitting coda to his body of work on the title.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

It's a nice little story. But that's really it. The art is great as always. But it's a quick read and flit very filler-ish. I wasnt expecting a big major ground shaking event. But I still would of liked more focus on Peter and wrapping up lose ends. It's really feels like his run ended at 800. So you can skip this story, and go straight into Spencer's run. It's a sweet one shot story.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    I wasn't necessarily expecting anything relating to heavily from the last arc, but at least better focus on the hero. Of course as I say that, one of my main complaints has been Peter's voice so maybe it's for the best.

Don't get me wrong, this was a very good story, but I feel it would've been better served anywhere other than the finale (imo).

Side note: anybody else think Spider-Man really trashed that place more than he needed to? Yeah, he was armed with hostages, but we've seen him stop bigger situations with much more finesse. Just sayin'
    I might be wrong, but it seemed like the scene of Spider-Man trashing the store was really early in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    I might be wrong, but it seemed like the scene of Spider-Man trashing the store was really early in his career.
    Yeah, it seemed to be a few weeks after Uncle Ben's death. It might have been one of the first things Peter did as a superhero.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    Oops, thanks for that call out ��

A beautiful little story. It brought up little tears inside a bit as I was reading.

For a moment there I found myself wishing that Slotts entire run was just like this .... back to basics street level people stories

BANNED

Great issue. enjoyed it very much. Well done Dan

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Found this issue to be really whatever, like a NON-story.....

When I got to the last page I was like- 'Is that it?', 'Did I miss something?'....

BANNED

I think the recap of Peter's POV origin was sort of reminiscent of Grant Morrison's famous origin for Superman in All-Star, only with more panels and words.

Astonishing Member

Great story and the art was equally great.
    Will be re-reading the story soon,but after having read it once it was for sure a amazing story.