Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Film Spin-Off's on Hold

According to Collider the Story Spin-Off films are on hold for now.

Too bad. Hope they can move forward with a plan sooner or later. Not looking forward to the haters using this "proof" that they were right.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

That's a shame. They're better than the episodic movies.

BANNED

One Death Star down

Solo, bobba fett. I want NEW stories with NEW heroes. It's a big universe. Use it!

International marketing has had a very difficult time trying to explain the anthology films to the overseas audiences. Jumping around to different stories set at different times isn't working overseas where moviegoers are less familiar with Star Wars.

iMan 42s

It is something that makes a lot of sense given what happened to SOLO.

-Directors going off the confines of Lucasfilm (which you don't want because this can alter marketing)
    -The need in the first place for a new director (somebody else you need to hire)
    -Re-shoots that cost way too much money to fix the film
    -Time-slots (which is admidtly bad this year considering just how much was in the summer season)
    -Marketing initiatives (which is also really bad for SOLO considering it comes off the heels of one of the main entry's not five months prior)
    -And public interest in the project which while was there for SOLO, it simply wasn't what people had been asking for despite the film turning out to be pretty good. Ultimately the interest wasn't there up until close to release.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Solo, bobba fett. I want NEW stories with NEW heroes. It's a big universe. Use it!
    Wouldn't you get the same result by just watching a different sci-fi/ fantasy series? Like Valerian or Dune? What's the point of a Star Wars film without all the classic Star Wars tropes and characters. Does anyone want a Marvel or DC film that doesn't use any of it's catalog of classic heroes and villains?

It's not like there are no other sci-fi films that use laser swords, robots and hyperspace. I'm sure Roger Corman made a couple flicks with those gimmicks in them.
    Last edited by Vegeta; 06-21-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Worthless autocorrect
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Disappointed about the Kenobi movie being put on hold, he's one of my favourite Star Wars characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Wouldn't you get the same result by just watching a different sci-fi/ fantasy series? Like Valerian or Dune? What's the point of a Star Wars film without all the classic Star Wars tropes and characters. Doors anyone want a Marvel or DC film that doesn't use any of it's catalog of classic heroes and villains?

It's not like there are no other sci-fi films that use laser swords, robots and hyperspace. I'm sure Roger Corman made a couple flicks with those gimmicks in them.
    Well, this is a comic book forum...some of the most popular characters around here are 75+ years old.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I just want the spin-offs to be set in present time. I really don't like that literally none of the the side stories are allowed to move past the main movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Isn't that what you have in TFA and TLJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's a shame. They're better than the episodic movies.
    This is true They really are better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Isn't that what you have in TFA and TLJ?
    New characters. Old plots.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Disappointing news. Star Wars honestly works best when it explores numerous eras and times in the Star Wars timeline. Sticking to just Rey and whatever comes next will get boring fast. I hope we can get a Old Republic set series of movies at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Disappointing news. Star Wars honestly works best when it explores numerous eras and times in the Star Wars timeline. Sticking to just Rey and whatever comes next will get boring fast. I hope we can get a Old Republic set series of movies at least.
    We don't have the foggiest notion of what comes after Episode IX, other than who makes it and that it won't be Episode X. Not even what era it will be set in.