Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    We don't have the foggiest notion of what comes after Episode IX, other than who makes it and that it won't be Episode X. Not even what era it will be set in.
    Pretty sure Rian Johnson will want his movies to follow up the legacy of Rey and Kylo though, if not having older versions of those characters played by new actors. The Game of Thrones team are more likely to do a Old Republic/Sith Wars movie series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Pretty sure Rian Johnson will want his movies to follow up the legacy of Rey and Kylo though, if not having older versions of those characters played by new actors. The Game of Thrones team are more likely to do a Old Republic/Sith Wars movie series.
    Based on what?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am not even sure that the Rian Johnson movies are still happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not even sure that the Rian Johnson movies are still happening now.
    The Collider article said they were. They do seem to have connections at Lucasfilm.

What could have happened was the big news earlier this week was Tom Kane reportedly saying 9 movies were in development from Lucasfilm. That was incorrect, so rather than releasing a statement someone at Lucasfilm let Collider know to set fan expectations.

Rian Johnson's producer buddy Ram Bergman was interviewed a few weeks ago and said Rian's movies were still in development. Collider confirms that.

What Rian has said (which is very little) is that his concept is to be create moves with completely new planets and characters and that sounds very separate from Rey and Kylo. It sounds like completely new - no knowledge of previous films needed.

I can see Disney wanting to restart Star Wars since it's not working overseas. TLJ seriously under-performed overseas and there's serious issues with Star Wars' viability as franchise to the overseas market. Disney doesn't care about fanboys ranting on YouTube - they want 60% or more of the box office coming from overseas. I can see Lucasfilm being very nervous about how fans are going to handle what they might end up doing, and are trying to set expectations so fans get over the idea of Obi-Wan and Boba Fett movies when they announce they're doing movies without any connection to the OT or ST trilogy.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 06-21-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is a shame. I like the stand alone stuff better than the ongoing movies. Rogue One was my second favorite SW movie. Behind Empire, of course! It also disproved the whole "diversity is the problem" argument.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This is a shame. I like the stand alone stuff better than the ongoing movies. Rogue One was my second favorite SW movie. Behind Empire, of course! It also disproved the whole "diversity is the problem" argument.
    I really liked the Solo movie also, it was the only move that was not about Empire (Galactic republic/ First Order) Vs the Rebellion (Separatist/ Resistance) or a focus on the Jedi Order. I saw it as opening up a new direction for Star Wars films, that and Emily Clark!

I can't see why they are holding all new files other than Rian Johnson's. TLJ was a 2 and half hour slow speed chase in space that could have been cut down to and hour and a half or less and not taken away from the story. I'm really not that excited to see his new trilogy at all. I myself almost did not go see Solo just from how much I did not like TLJ. I'm So glad that I did go, because it was a really good movie. I don't think that holding the stand alone films is the right response as it is the lack of direction in episodes 7 through 9 that was the real problem and Solo suffered for it.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    New characters. Old plots.
    TLJ plot was new.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    TLJ plot was new.
    Old Jedi lives in seclusion after the Jedi Order is slaughtered.

Evil Empire rises while in seclusion.

Rebel alliance rises to fight Empire.

Can't go to light speed and tries to evade Star Destroyers.

What was so new?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    And when the protagonist arrives, the Old Jedi leads the protagonist around going about their daily routine and acting crazy. Literally that scene is Luke acting like Yoda.

Essentially all Rian did was recycle elements from TESB and ROTJ and flip them on their head:

The protagonist goes into a cave to discover the truth about their past.

The protagonist goes off to help before completing their training.

The protagonist surrenders thinking he/she can save the Kylo/Vader.

Canto Bight is essentially the same obligatory cantina scene, but the trope is flipped on it's head so that it's an affluent cantina.

What Rian added was the utterly pathetic slow speed chase of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Evil Empire rises while in seclusion.

Rebel alliance rises to fight Empire.

Can't go to light speed and tries to evade Star Destroyers.

What was so new?
    I guess your right I didn't see it as a rip-off like TFA I think it was similar but still different anuff I mean no one Lost a hand....

BANNED

And now it turns out that the entire rumour was as unfounded as the average Trump Tweet and Lucasfilm says they still have several spin-off movies in development..

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Disappointed about the Kenobi movie being put on hold, he's one of my favourite Star Wars characters.
    Mine too! This was the ONLY spin off I was actually looking forward to.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Canto Bight is essentially the same obligatory cantina scene, but the trope is flipped on it's head so that it's an affluent cantina.

Though that Canto Bight was more of a Cloud City parallel a contrast from the dirty life of a rebel to the clean opulent life there, not counting the un-needed anti-capitalist/PETA message. Also Del Toro's DJ like Lando who seems to help but betrays.

Other ESB comparisons

Mass exodus from a planet under attack

The Force Ghost of an Old master shows up.

Bigger and more powerful Star Destroyer(s) ships introduced

AT-ATs on a planet covered in white.

The reveal of the main's parent(s)
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 06-22-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The OJ Chase was far more riveting and action packed.

Hollywood Reporter says all the movies have been put on hold except for Boba Fett which is proceeding with a smaller budget.