Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Though that Canto Bight was more of a Cloud City parallel a contrast from the dirty life of a rebel to the clean opulent life there, not counting the un-needed anti-capitalist/PETA message. Also Del Toro's DJ like Lando who seems to help but betrays.

Other ESB comparisons

Mass exodus from a planet under attack

The Force Ghost of an Old master shows up.

Bigger and more powerful Star Destroyer(s) ships introduced

AT-ATs on a planet covered in white.

The reveal of the main's parent(s)
    Don’t forget a young Jedi enters a dark side cave where he/she discovers a dark family secret. TLJ was just as much of a hack remake of ESB as TFA was a hack remake of ANH.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Don’t forget a young Jedi enters a dark side cave where he/she discovers a dark family secret. TLJ was just as much of a hack remake of ESB as TFA was a hack remake of ANH.
    In many ways yes.

-young Jedi in training goes to reluctant master, leaves to help friends without heeding his advice.
    -Rebels are on the run from and attack by the first order and the climax is them escaping despite being out manned.
    -hero learns the truth about their parents (granted the truth here was unspectacular)
    -villain ends the film trying to get the hero to join him but the hero refuses and is left spurned as the hero escapes.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

The Hollywood Reporter - Lucasfilm "Licking Their Wounds" But Not Halting 'Star Wars' Development

Disney and Lucasfilm are reassessing their plans for future Star Wars movies in the wake of the disappointing performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story, which is having to fight to make much more than $350 million worldwide, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
    "It doesn’t mean those spinoffs don't happen," says another insider of Solo's underperformance globally. "It just means they’re trying to figure out how to make, and market, them differently."
    "They were developing anything and everything," says another exec. "It was a case of them stuffing so much sausage and not try to break the casing."
    "In light of the reaction to Last Jedi and the performance of Solo, they are now just going to look at what’s coming in and seeing how good it is, before dating anything," says one insider. "It’s all pretty understandable."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...opment-1122655

Quote Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
    The Hollywood Reporter - Lucasfilm "Licking Their Wounds" But Not Halting 'Star Wars' Development

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...opment-1122655
    You know, I'm ok with them slowing it down and making sure they get it right. I loved Solo, but behind the scenes it was a mess. Had they had the right director in place from the get go it likely would have done better. I was honestly dreading it until I saw the first trailer. That said, I very much would still love to see a new Star Wars movie every year.

BANNED

Don’t forget a young Jedi enters a dark side cave where he/she discovers a dark family secret.
    Wut?
    Rey went in looking for answers and found nothing.
    Luke was sent in as a test, flunked it, and was shown he could easily become a Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's a shame. They're better than the episodic movies.
    The current ones yes (although I did dig the Force Awakens, however, the Last Jedi left something to be desired) the classics ones no, at least IMO.

Indeed it is a shame.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-23-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Well, that stinks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The current ones yes (although I did dig the Force Awakens, however, the Last Jedi left something to be desired) the classics ones no, at least IMO.

Indeed it is a shame.
    They're also better than the prequels and Return of the Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And now it turns out that the entire rumour was as unfounded as the average Trump Tweet and Lucasfilm says they still have several spin-off movies in development..
    I love this post.

The rumor was not unfounded.

It was unfounded. The original story said they were concretely shutting down all Anthology films except the Fett film. That's not what's happening, they're just changing their marketing model and sounds like they're screening more carefully the upcoming projects. Thus the original story was inaccurate. Thus unfounded.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-23-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I’m super excited for my favorite characters solo film! Glad it’s back on!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Agreed, Obi Wan is the one I definitely want to happen. Boba would be more of a happy extra, assuming that the script and story is done right. Outside that I would prefer if most of the anthology movies explored periods outside of the time between 3 and 4.

The Obi-Wan film is not back on, read the story more carefully.

BANNED

The Obi-Wan film is not back on, read the story more carefully.
    I don't think it was ever really more "on" than it currently is.