View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crude #3

0 0%
  • Curse Words #15

0 0%
  • Days of Hate #6 (of 12)

0 0%
  • Deadly Class #35

3 18.75%
  • Evolution #7

0 0%
  • Flavor #2

0 0%
  • Gideon Falls #4

5 31.25%
  • God Complex #6

0 0%
  • Hit-Girl (2018) #5

0 0%
  • Moonshine #11

1 6.25%
  • Shanghai Red #1 [series premiere]

5 31.25%
  • Skyward #3

0 0%
  • Son of Hitler [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Wayward #26

1 6.25%
  • Other - The Beef #5 (of 5) [series finale], Infidel #4 (of 5)

1 6.25%

Default Weekly Image poll #25 - An informative look at Portland's abandoned tunnels

Howzaroni jabronies, welcome to the weekliest poll!

Last time around we had triple winners, 'cos who needs decisiveness anyway? I prefer unclear, muddled victories. Congrats to forum favourite Monstress, newcomer Weatherman, and stalwart Mage, the Hero Denied!

Let's see what's up this week: The Beef ends its beef, Curse Words wraps up its current storyline and looks poised for a cliffhanger, Days of Hate reaches the halfway point, Deadly Class releases an oversized issue this week to conclude its current storyline, and God Complex is also ending its current storyline. Furthermore, Infidel is releasing its penultimate issue this week, and Wayward begins a new storyline - it'll be the books last one, too.

New this week:

Shanghai Red is about a woman who, without knowing it, gets sold to a ship captain and is briskly 'Shanghai'd away'. Secret tunnels in Portland and revenge on the South China Sea, could be cool!

Son of Hitler is also out this week, a pulpy fantasy story set in WW2 times. Clearly not going for a serious tone here, this is about a 'secret child' of Hitler who gets recruited to... Murder his own father? The creators cite John Le Carré, Inglourious Basterds and Zero Dark Thirty as influences here. Not sure what that mix is meant to convey.

310851.jpg 308463.jpg

Deadly Class was so awesome. Easy vote.

All-New Member

Shanghai Red really impressed me. My heart broke for the main character.

Moonshine #11. Easily one of the best overall issues that creative team has produced.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeka View Post
    Shanghai Red really impressed me. My heart broke for the main character.
    Nice! I haven't tried it yet. My vote is for Infidel which is nicely creepy in the artwork. Didn't realise this was a limited series, kinda strange almost since they picked up a movie deal recently. Hope that if that ever makes it to production it'll be handled carefully though, it's very easy to swing & miss on this topic I think. There's potential for a Get Out-esque success if handled well, but it could also turn out pandering and tacky haha.

Shanghai Red gets my vote. It's a strong opening issue with a lot of story packed in. I'm looking forward to issue 2.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

And I really like "Days of Hate."
    But "Shanghai Red," that's the one. Javasaurus knows. Sleeka knows. This's the one.
    Beautiful ships. Looking at sailing ships always brings me calm. A lot of story, almost too much, four pages of back-story narration; and most of the real story happening around it. And the (historical) present-day story is surprising, well-paced, intense and promising, all through brief, pertinent dialogue.
    It's Stray Bullets and Criminal and clipper-ships and much deep revenge.
    It's the one. And I really like "Days of Hate."
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet