Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Countdown to Captain Marvel trailer- Monday Night Football halftime

1:11 and counting.

The trailer drops soon on ESPN. If you get ESPN flip to it now to watch it live. The trailer should pop up in the next seven minutes.

The first trailer we saw was a "teaser" not a true trailer, so this one should be much better

Trailer dropped:

better than the first trailer.

They call it trailer 2, so I guess the last one was an actual trailer.
    Last edited by Jabare; 12-03-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

It looks okay. That CGI needs work though.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m sold. Again.

Astonishing Member

Looks decent. More excited for Aquaman. That looks more fun.

It's fine. Really not up there with usual MCU trailers. Same as the first one.

Also, the last scene. Nick Fury playing with a cat. It's ok to put a comedic scene at the end of the trailer, but like, really? Just, what?

BANNED

I...um...yeah.

No words. In a bad way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I...um...yeah.

No words. In a bad way.
    Yeah.

it's a boring ass trailer.

It's like the trailer is treating her like some massive deal and we the audience should be hyped without showing us anything to get hyped about.

I thought the last fight sequence in Space was awesome but the rest like the first trailer reminded me of the Ant-Man (2015) trailers good but nothing that got me hyped.

Did she almost smile in some of the scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's like the trailer is treating her like some massive deal and we the audience should be hyped without showing us anything to get hyped about.
    So it's definitely a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel trailer .

Although I thought that scene of her at the end in full-on Binary mode was pretty cool .

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Does Brie Larson have the ability to emote ? She won an Oscar didn't she? I like to think she is able to, but it seems like the director told her not to, like at all. I like Captain Marvel but this trailer was boring as **** and gives you nothing to get really hyped about seeing play out in the movie in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Does Brie Larson have the ability to emote ? She won an Oscar didn't she? I like to think she is able to, but it seems like the director told her not to, like at all. I like Captain Marvel but this trailer was boring as **** and gives you nothing to get really hyped about seeing play out in the movie in the theater.
    I think part of it is that this version of Carol starts out brainwashed and with most of her personality wiped away to make her a loyal and obedient Kree soldier.

We might not get to see Carol's real personality until the very end of the movie.

Although, that being said, Larson sounds a lot younger and softer then I would expect for Carol Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Did she almost smile in some of the scenes?
    I'm sure it was just gas.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of it is that this version of Carol starts out brainwashed and with most of her personality wiped away to make her a loyal and obedient Kree soldier.

We might not get to see Carol's real personality until the very end of the movie.

Although, that being said, Larson sounds a lot younger and softer then I would expect for Carol Danvers.
    Larsen's the same actress who played Envy Adams in the Scott Pilgrim movie. And Envy was a sexy, narcissistic flirt.

So its obviously the direction the actress has been given.

But Marvel's a soldier with psych/memory issues in a situation where she doesn't know exactly who to trust.

Think Rambo from First Blood but in space and with boobs (which makes Jude Law Space Col. Trautman).

Burnt out soldier. That's the character type that Larsen's been asked to do here and Burnt out soldier types don't smile much in the movies I've seen.

Unless they are murdering dudes in the inevitable 3rd reel killing spree, of course. That will usually get the quips going.