Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Creed II

Default Creed II

https://youtu.be/cPNVNqn4T9I

Adonis Creed vs The Son of Ivan Drago. Unfortunately it's not directed by Ryan Coogler though he is involved as a producer.

As sure as I am that I'm gonna love this movie, I kinda wish they hadn't jumped right to Drago jr. Drago Jr seems like he should have been saved for the final movie
    (Unless this is the final one.)
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to see Drago Jr in the trailer. I can't be sold on him as a threat unless I see the guy in action.

Mighty Member

I want to see the trailer badly.

Can you not click the link?

Matt "peace out suckas"

some people want everything done for them ...

I really wish Sylvester Stallone had smoothed things out with Carl Weather (I heard they are on bad terms) so Carl could star in one of the CREED movies.

Yeah, yeah, Apollo is deader than dead as of ROCKY IV, but picture a scenario like this:

Adonis finds a treasure trove of Apollo's secret journals, of which Apollo never told his wife. Turns out Apollo had written enough material for 3 books worth. Adonis obsessively reads them all until he can recite them line for line. Goes up for his next fight, gets his bell rung, and starts to hallucinate Apollo Creed in the present. Not as he was, but how Adonis imagines Apollo would look now. This figment of Adonis ' imagination (played by Carl Weathers) interacts with Adonis and had definite opinions on Rocky and the other people in Adonis ' life (including his widow). Basically think Tyler Durden from FIGHT CLUB meets Bruce Willis from SIXTH SENSE.

Maybe something like that could still be done for CREED III.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 06-23-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    some people want everything done for them ...

I really wish Sylvester Stallone had smoothed things out with Carl Weather (I heard they are on bad terms) so Carl could star in one of the CREED movies.

Yeah, yeah, Apollo is deader than dead as of ROCKY IV, but picture a scenario like this:

Adonis finds a treasure trove of Apollo's secret journals, of which Apollo never told his wife. Turns out Apollo had written enough material for 3 books worth. Adonis obsessively reads them all until he can recite them line for line. Goes up for his next fight, gets his bell rung, and starts to hallucinate Apollo Creed in the present. Not as he was, but how Adonis imagines Apollo would look now. This figment of Adonis ' imagination (played by Carl Weathers) interacts with Adonis and had definite opinions on Rocky and the other people in Adonis ' life (including his widow). Basically think Tyler Durden from FIGHT CLUB meets Bruce Willis from SIXTH SENSE.

Maybe something like that could still be done for CREED III.
    Honestly I like the way Apollo is done right now. He's bigger as this unattainable mythic fighter than he would be in the flesh. Apollo was a very flawed character. He was a great fighter but he could be cold and calculating, cocky and overlook things, stubborn to his detriment. He lost the title because he wanted to put Rocky away as opposed to win on points, he lost his life because he refused to call a fight he was getting killed in.

And credit to Stallone, he really was willing to take Rocky down a peg for that. In the original Rocky films you could be forgiven for thinking Rocky was the GOAT fighter in that universe. In Creed it was made pretty clear that Apollo Creed was considered a greater caliber fighter and that Rocky was closer to a Larry Holmes who went on to have a more successful career.

I'm hesitant for obvious director reasons but Creed is my favorite rocky movie by far. So I'm so excited for this. If Coogler had came back I'd be 100% on the hype train

Mighty Member

As a fan of Rocky, i thought Creed was ok for a spin-off but Balboa was a closure to the series.

First official poster for CREED II.

Question: can the Rockyverse survive the death of Balboa / retirement of Stallone? Basically, can the saga go beyond CREED III?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

First official poster for CREED II.

Question: can the Rockyverse survive the death of Balboa / retirement of Stallone? Basically, can the saga go beyond CREED III?
    That poster is fan made. Do we know Rocky dies in this one?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    That's a pretty good fan-made poster then. My bad.

Apparently THIS is the official teaser poster , per ew.com:

As for Rocky dying, I'm just speculating: it's more a foreshadowed plot point that seems likely to happen, if not in CREED II, then more certainly in CREED III. Rocky has cancer. He's surviving it, but his mortality is perpetually on the table in Adonis' movies.

And, separately but related, Stallone is 71 years old right now (about to turn 72 years old on Friday). How much longer is he going to professionally act? Not everyone is Christopher Plummer, acting well through their 80s. Sly's in great shape for his age, but in 3 years (when CREED III is most likely), he'll be 75. He's also got a (final?) RAMBO sequel and yet another EXPENDABLES sequel in the pipeline.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    As a fan of Rocky, i thought Creed was ok for a spin-off but Balboa was a closure to the series.
    Creed is not a spin-off. Think of it as a sequel series. Obviously Stallone wants for this series to continue.

Spectacular Member

Is the first one as good as it was hyped to be? I never got around to seeing it. Just looked like just another sports movie to me.

Saw the trailer for this the other day and it looked more interesting to me.
    Last edited by Gorthon616; 07-06-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Is the first one as good as it was hyped to be? I never got around to seeing it. Just looked like just another sports movie to me.

Saw the trailer for this the other day and it looked not interesting to me.
    Hands down my favorite rocky movie. Probaly also Stallones best dramatic acting. Though Michale B Jordan Carrie's the film. Also best boxing scenes no more of that corny stuff from early rocky movies. It looks like real boxing. (OLD ROCKY movies had fine fights for the time I'm not complaining)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I just remember when it was floating around a while back.

Matt "peace out suckas"