Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Creed II

Spectacular Member

Meant looks more interesting, not "not interesting" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hands down my favorite rocky movie. Probaly also Stallones best dramatic acting. Though Michale B Jordan Carrie's the film. Also best boxing scenes no more of that corny stuff from early rocky movies. It looks like real boxing. (OLD ROCKY movies had fine fights for the time I'm not complaining)
    Excellent. Creed doesn't have anything to do with that last Rocky movie Stallone made does it? Never see that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    Meant looks more interesting, not "not interesting" lol

Excellent. Creed doesn't have anything to do with that last Rocky movie Stallone made does it? Never see that either.
    All of the movies are in continuity, even 5. So it picks up a few years after the last Rocky (simply titled "Rocky Balboa"), yes. Though despite callbacks they're all pretty much self-contained for the most part so you don't necessarily have to watch the last one to understand the current film.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He might want to watch Rocky 4 to understand the conflict in Creed 2.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

I loved Creed. I actually had low expectations despite enjoying MBJ and Coogler’s previous work. I didn’t see it until it was playing on TV (EPIX?) but when I did finally catch it, I think I rewatched it 4 times that week and bought the blu ray to boot. The best Rocky film since the original and yes I realize the similarities, but dang it- it works!

Now I can’t wait for the second. Such good timing too for another Russian feud.

Will definitely try to see CREED II during Thanksgiving weekend or soon after. This sounds like a movie better enjoyed in the theater.

And (just wildly speculating at this point): If CREED II is a financial success, and if there is still enough interest from Stallone & MBJ, they should make a 3rd Creed movie to wrap up the entire Rockyverse saga.

My pitch (obviously without having watched the unreleased CREED II yet) for a 3rd Creed / 9th Rockyverse movie:

- the title is ADONIS CREED

- Ryan Coogler is back in a legit official capacity (writer and/or director)

- Rocky Balboa dies a memorable death

- Adonis fights one of the two current real-life champions (6'6 Anthony Joshua or 6'7 Deontay Wilder, whichever one can professionally act better)

- Milo Ventimiglia returns as Rocky Jr.

- Carl Weathers returns as a persistent hallucination of an aged Apollo in Adonis' mind, a la Tyler Durden

- Real boxer cameos (at least Tyson and Foreman, maybe a Klitschko or 2)

- Pardon The Interruption bit with Tony & Mike

- Make sure the ending is so great, and all narrative threads are wrapped up so that there will not be a need for any sequel

- Probably should double as Stallone's informal retirement from acting, as this wouldn't be released until late 2021 at the earliest, when Sly would already be 75 years old

the trailer looks interesting, we'll see what happens, I wonder is fight in Russia, the USA or elsewhere this time.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm excited not just for this movie but for my friend, les price. he's actually in the movie as one of drago jr.'s bodyguards.

It looks like the latest trailer also brings up Rocky's brain damage from V (Something that "Balboa" mostly ignored). "He broke things in me that have never been fixed".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It looks like the latest trailer also brings up Rocky's brain damage from V (Something that "Balboa" mostly ignored). "He broke things in me that have never been fixed".
    From what I remember from interviews about "Balboa" Stallone handwaved the brain damage saying that Rocky never got a second opinion and simply listen to adrian about retiring.

Extraordinary Member

I just hope that Rocky and Ivan can be civil with each other.

They don't have to be friends, just have respect for one another.

Otherwise I'm just expecting the same great boxing action and solid character acting from the previous Creed movie.

Looks solid. Can't wait.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-26-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Looks solid. Can't wait.
    Anyone know the name of the song used in the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Anyone know the name of the song used in the trailer?
    I believe it's DMX's Who We Be. Though they only use the song's acapella
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 09-27-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Correct

Only problem I have with the creed movies is the people they have Michale B Jordan fight dont look like they are remotely in his weight class. Dudes like a foot taller and has more meat on his bones. Which is saying alot cause MBJ is jacked. They just keep casting giants to play opposite him. I'm guessing they are actual heavyweight while MBJ is Light heavy at best.

Nvm Google search showed during Black Panther MBJ was in the 190s. So hes alot bigger then he looks I guess.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-27-2018 at 09:14 AM.

The guys Michael B Jordan fights in the Creed are actual professional boxers. That might have to do a lot with the size disparity.