Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Creed II

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Considering how cartoonish Rocky IV was, there were some nice touches. The evident disgust/dislike of the press conference at the beginning, tying into his attitude in the exhibition match. Drago’s “I fight for myself” at the end.

I mean, sure, he was a remorseless Cold War nemesis, but if you really wanted to, you could find something here.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what they do with him in Creed 2. I’m genuinely uncertain as to what direction they’ll take with him and his son, given we now live in a world so different from that of the first film.
    Yea i like that Drago doesnt look happy in the trailer. Like he doendt look psyched that his sons doing all this. Maybe show that killing apollo has eaten at him all these years and now the Russian government is sending his son down the same road. Would even be nice if Drago comes to Adonnis and has a heart to heart. People are rarely all bad and I think there can be some nice dramatic moments between drago and rocky. Or Drago and Adonnis.

Is Coogler involved at all? Did he work on the script and let someone else direct or does he just get a credit because he made creed?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is Coogler involved at all? Did he work on the script and let someone else direct or does he just get a credit because he made creed?
    He's an executive producer. He didn't write the script...that's by Stallone and some others including Cheo Coker (Luke Cage showrunner). I'm still curious as to why Coogler's Creed co-writer Aaron Covington isn't involved.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

hopefully it will do very good commercially, then do well on video/cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    The idea of getting actual boxers involved is fun but... Fury’s enormous but doesn’t have a sculpted physique by heavyweight standards.
    I'm fairly confident if he had been interested and selected, Tyson could have whipped himself into considerably better shape through Hollywood diet and cardio + bodybuilding regimens.

There’s also a 97% probability that he’d say or do something incredibly controversial at an awkward moment for the filmmakers, I fear.
    Now THAT is a real problem and grounds for disqualification. Pity.

Will have more than four or five lines of dialogue, I wonder?
    I hear Viktor publicly calls out Adonis, demanding the fight. I think the majority of his talking happens there. Ivan didn't speak much in ROCKY IV, and Viktor isn't likely to drone on and on in CREED II.

Fun fact: Brigette Nielsen is also in this film, reprising her role as Ivan's (ex?) wife and Viktor's momma.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-30-2018 at 09:51 AM.

That's interesting, I guess she and Stallone must have made up at some point (They had a very nasty divorce in the 80's from what I've read).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

New official poster out:

Looks badass!

Which sticks out to me is this: Of the four guys here, Florian Munteanu (Viktor Drago) is the only non-superstar on the poster.

Scratch that, "non-superstar" is overly generous: the Romanian actor is a complete unknown in a poster where the other 3 guys are each some kind of legend.

Just weird how much space he takes up here.

What's this movie tracking to make, in terms of box office revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    New official poster out:

Looks badass!

Which sticks out to me is this: Of the four guys here, Florian Munteanu (Viktor Drago) is the only non-superstar on the poster.

Scratch that, "non-superstar" is overly generous: the Romanian actor is a complete unknown in a poster where the other 3 guys are each some kind of legend.

Yeah, but who was Dolph before Rocky IV or Mr. T. before Rocky III
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

New official poster out:

Looks badass!

It's not weird he takes up so much poster space. He's the main antagonist. Being an unknown shouldn't Rob him of his rightful place in marketing.

saw them live on TNT

http://www.nba.com/video/2018/11/09/...ejs-neato-stat

there is a noticeable size difference
    Last edited by Jabare; 11-09-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    saw them live on TNT

http://www.nba.com/video/2018/11/09/...ejs-neato-stat

there is a noticeable size difference
    Yeah that poster is a big misleading when it’s comes to the comparative heights of the 4.

New official poster out

Looks badass!

Lundgren is a "superstar"
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

little video to get us int he mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Yeah that poster is a big misleading when it’s comes to the comparative heights of the 4.
    very. I want Adonis to win but if I had to bet real money on a real fight between these two I'd have to go with Drago
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

New official poster out:

Looks badass!

He takes up so much space because, well, the dude is 6'4" and hovers around the 240 - 245lb range. He is huge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, but who was Dolph before Rocky IV or Mr. T. before Rocky III
    Grace Jones handbag? jokes. He had a minor part in A View To A Kill. Rocky IV put him on the map though. The reason he got that role, is because he came up with the monologue used in the teaser trailer. Stallone originally wanted a mountain man type for Drago, but reconsidered after Dolph went in and did that. He went away and revised the film to play up the old school training vs the futuristic science used by the Russians.

Astonishing Member

It's interesting watching the various tv spots and trailers for this film. It has been noted that Stallone toyed with doing a proper follow up to Rocky IV that was to examine the fallout of the fight between Rocky and Drago (although he did explore the effects on Rocky to a degree with the brain damage he sustained in Rocky V.)

Ivan was a national champion and hero. The fight occurred in 85. Six years before the fall of the Iron Curtain. So I imagine life became incredibly hard on him and he has been disgraced to a significant degree. So he has much to prove. I hope they don't go down the ruthless route that is typical for many films. Ivan was more complex in that he wanted to fight for himself, but was controlled to a degree by his government. He may start as hard and cold, but I think he may thaw over the course of the film. It really seems like he is trying to live vicariously through Viktor and, maybe, he comes to realize he is doing to his son what was done to him.