Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Creed II

thats a big spoiler tag. I think I'll take the high road and avoid
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    thats a big spoiler tag. I think I'll take the high road and avoid
    Well, it is a long video that shows a number of scenes being filmed. I only checked it out because I love watching stuff like that. You appreciate a movie more if you see the hard work that is put into it by cast and crew. But yeah, suffice it to say, what I saw actually made me MORE eager to see this film.

Any box office predictions for CREED 2's extended holiday opening weekend?

Hope it's #1 in the USA by Sunday night!

Saw CREED 2 in the theater tonight.

Hands down the best Rocky movie I've ever seen.

Every one had a good to great character arc, the boxing was solid throughout, unexpected cameos, and they really could put a bow on the entire Rockyverse franchise with that ending.

Highly, highly recommended!
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-25-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Watched it tonight. The boxing sequences in this movie was absolutely amazing. I always found the fights in Rocky IV to be the most blood-pumping awesome until now.

Great movie. Highly recommended.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Extraordinary Member

Creed II took the most one dimensional Rocky film that is notorious fir being a cheesy montage fest and made a nuanced and emotionally satisfying film that will stand amongst the best of the series. Personally I thought it was more entertaining than the first Creed even if it probably wasn’t as technically proficient. This was prob the best arc they gave any villain besides Apollo in the series (and it took 4 films to really make that happen). It’s amazing that this series is 40 years old and it’s peobably on its best stretch of consecutive films with Rocky Balboa, Creed and Creed II

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I watched it last night and it's a great movie. I didn't expect it to give the Drago family the amount of screen time it did. The movie did a great job humanizing a cartoon villain. The movie somehow made Viktor more sympathetic than Adonis. I'm curious where the Dragos go from here. I would like it they showed in a Creed 3 or get a film of their own.

Movie was great but still laughing at Michale B Jordan Claiming he could do his thing In the ring with Roy Jones Jr. Even at 50 Roy will mess him up

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I laugh at how everyone in the movie was taller than Michael. For a heavyweight he is short.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Creed II took the most one dimensional Rocky film that is notorious fir being a cheesy montage fest and made a nuanced and emotionally satisfying film that will stand amongst the best of the series. Personally I thought it was more entertaining than the first Creed even if it probably wasn’t as technically proficient. This was prob the best arc they gave any villain besides Apollo in the series (and it took 4 films to really make that happen). It’s amazing that this series is 40 years old and it’s probably on its best stretch of consecutive films with Rocky Balboa, Creed and Creed II
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I watched it last night and it's a great movie. I didn't expect it to give the Drago family the amount of screen time it did. The movie did a great job humanizing a cartoon villain. The movie somehow made Viktor more sympathetic than Adonis. I'm curious where the Dragos go from here. I would like it they showed in a Creed 3 or get a film of their own.
    Agreed, and I'd rather see a Drago spinoff than Creed 3 simply because Creed 2 wrapped up everything so well not sure where they could go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Movie was great but still laughing at Michale B Jordan Claiming he could do his thing In the ring with Roy Jones Jr. Even at 50 Roy will mess him up
    He says he was joking so laughing is appropriate.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

If you're interested, click on the link in my signature to check out my spoiler-free review of the film.

My take, in short, is that though there is a lot to like about the film, especially its boxing matches, I think it suffers from the same central flaw as the last film: I just don't find Adonis Creed all that interesting and he tends to be outshone by anyone else he shares a scene with. Rocky, in particular, is such a phenomenal character that Adonis has a lot to live up to - to say nothing of his own father - and he just kind of doesn't. Please note, this is not to say that I don't think that Michael B Jordan is doing a good job in the role or that Adonis is completely unlikable and unsympathetic but we're two films in and I'm still not won over by his character.

I still like Creed II fine and recommend seeing it but I do think it's a step down from its predecessor and that Rocky Balboa is still, to my mind, the best of these late-period Rocky films.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'd rather see a Drago spinoff than Creed 3 simply because Creed 2 wrapped up everything so well not sure where they could go with it.
    Same. I mean, I know they had to swing for the fences with this one. But in doing so, they have painted themselves into a real corner to the point I don't see how on earth it can be topped. Do they play it safe and do another rematch with Viktor since Adonis hasn't really "beaten" him? Or do they have Ivan pull a Rocky and fight Adonis himself?

To me, everybody was left in a really good place at the conclusion of Creed 2: Adonis made peace with Apollo and stepped out from his shadow to create his own legacy; Rocky came to terms with the guilt he felt over Apollo's death and reconciled with Robert; and Ivan realised that Viktor spoke the truth after that state dinner and came to the conclusion that his son meant more to him than fame/the need to win. Doing another one runs the risk of undoing the neat bows tied into all the story threads.

I do concur with the sentiments in seeing a Drago film. Actually, I would much prefer it. There is a wealth of unmined gold there to be uncovered. Dolph is certainly game and Florian has said he would be up for it as well. So why not just pull the trigger and do it? Plus it would be refreshing to see a different location and way of life than that of which we have seen from Rocky up until Creed 2.

Isn't it funny how we are introduced to Rocky's Grandson? I bet, in 10 - 20 years, we will get a movie focusing on him. Imagine it: Logan "Little Boy" Balboa wanting to be a fighter and having a rough relationship with Robert who is against it. Write's itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    My take, in short, is that though there is a lot to like about the film, especially its boxing matches, I think it suffers from the same central flaw as the last film: I just don't find Adonis Creed all that interesting and he tends to be outshone by anyone else he shares a scene with.

Rocky, in particular, is such a phenomenal character that Adonis has a lot to live up to - to say nothing of his own father - and he just kind of doesn't.

Please note, this is not to say that I don't think that Michael B Jordan is doing a good job in the role or that Adonis is completely unlikable and unsympathetic but we're two films in and I'm still not won over by his character.
    This is probably my only true problem with the otherwise great CREED branch of the Rockyverse tree:

Adonis is simply not nearly a likable enough protagonist, certainly not when compared to any versions of Balboa.

Rocky was always dumb but always lovable. Donnie is always angry, always cocky, or some combo of both. The only times he isn't is when he is with Bianca or at the very end at Apollo's grave.

If/ when they make CREED III, this is the one area they have to address first and foremost: Adonis has to become more likable on his own and not just garnering goodwill thru Rocky himself.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    This is probably my only true problem with the otherwise great CREED branch of the Rockyverse tree:

Adonis is simply not nearly a likable enough protagonist, certainly not when compared to any versions of Balboa.

Rocky was always dumb but always lovable. Donnie is always angry, always cocky, or some combo of both. The only times he isn't is when he is with Bianca or at the very end at Apollo's grave.

If/ when they make CREED III, this is the one area they have to address first and foremost: Adonis has to become more likable on his own and not just garnering goodwill thru Rocky himself.
    Thank you! I thought I was alone on this. Michael B Jordan is such a likable dude, by all appearances, that it feels like the filmmakers haven't bothered to make Adonis particularly sympathetic in and of himself. I'm all for a Creed III but they need to address the main character before they do anythinhg else in getting the sequel off the ground. Especially because, from what I understand, Stallone may finally be done with the series - though I hope that's not true; I'd much rather he returns to Rocky into his dotage than Rambo, who seems to be moving further and further from what made First Blood so compelling with each passing film .
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.