BANNED

BANNED

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I remember reading these as a kid! They had a follow up to Jurassic Park where Alan and Ellie were tracking down the surviving members of the raptor pack with some raptors on a plane and then taken to a south american drug lord's arena with a premise of controlling them which paralleled Jurassic Word, oddly enough. Also they revealed Robert Muldoon wasn't dead, which was awesome. Of course it all became non canon after Lost World...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I remember reading these as a kid! They had a follow up to Jurassic Park where Alan and Ellie were tracking down the surviving members of the raptor pack with some raptors on a plane and then taken to a south american drug lord's arena with a premise of controlling them which paralleled Jurassic Word, oddly enough. Also they revealed Robert Muldoon wasn't dead, which was awesome. Of course it all became non canon after Lost World...
    They even did a cover with a raptor piloting a plane...

Mighty Member

It is too bad that Topps went out of business comicswise that is. All of their licensed product were always produced with care. I was unaware of them during their heyday but more recently managed to find a few issues in back bins. I probably don't have complete sets of anything but have enough to enjoy the creativity. Hopefully cross licensing issues will be resolved some day by someone foolish enough to care and bring these out in trade. Englehart, McGregor's run on Zorro, and did Topps also do a run on Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Thanks for this thread.

BANNED

I need to get back to doing some more photography. I think that at the time Topps was publishing, there was almost a sense in the comics world that they were recoving a lost standard that was lost when EC is deep sixed by threats of censorship...

then I see what is happening today and I'm like ucchhh. One could only wish for the quality of EC today.

Alan Moore Fanboy ZorakLovesComics's Avatar

Oh, man. I don't think I ever read these. I definitely remember Topps X-files series but not this. I may have to track these down.... Are they collected or do I have find the singles?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZorakLovesComics View Post
    Oh, man. I don't think I ever read these. I definitely remember Topps X-files series but not this. I may have to track these down.... Are they collected or do I have find the singles?
    Almost no chance they are collected. They are worth finding though and I'm sure they turn up in dollar bins. These are the kind of books that make comicbooks truly worth collecting. The diversity of the material is astonishing.
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 08-18-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Alan Moore Fanboy ZorakLovesComics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Almost no chance they are collected. They are worth finding though and I'm sure they turn up in dollar bins. These are the kind of books that make comicbooks truly worth collecting. The diversity of the material is astonishing.
    Dang!

I'll ask the owner of the LCS I shop at, if he has any. I'm going to head up there later in the week.

I recently saw Jurassic World 2 and enjoyed it. Why is'nt anyone publishing JW comics? That movie have so many story potential to be told in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I recently saw Jurassic World 2 and enjoyed it. Why is'nt anyone publishing JW comics? That movie have so many story potential to be told in comics.
    sounds like a lions forge project.