Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Talking Is Thor the real glue of the Avengers?

This article on the latest Avengers issue clearly states that maybe, just maybe, Thor has the ability to prevent superheroes needlessly fighting. See this: https://www.cbr.com/avengers-thor-prevents-civil-war/. Apparently, it turns out that with him around, people have a tendency to act like adults. Whereas without him, everything falls apart and civil wars occur.

I don't know how I feel about this, honestly, First off, that is a lot to put on Thor. He can't stop every fight. Second, the Avengers are capable of getting along without him. Otherwise, they would never be able to function as a team.

However, it is funny if Thor turns out to be the moral compass of the team instead of Cap!

I do think it's kind of interesting to think that Thor has never actually been involved in any variant of the Civil War storyline (Although I guess he was in the animated one in Avengers: Ultron Revolution).

The Thor clone was in the original, and we had Jane in the second. But Jane is basically as close to Thor as you can get at the time and she didn't make that big of an impact there.

But in general I don't think Thor would have been able to stand the kind of BS inherent in a Civil War storyline, so he would either not have any part in it or have been able to talk down the combatants. I think, if he had been there, things between Steve and Tony would not have escalated to the degree they did.

Although if it was the "Odinson" during Civil War II...well, he might have said something wise but he would also have probably blown it off to go drink mead and complain about hammers .

Mighty Member

Highly doubt Thor would involve himself in anything like the original Civil War. The petty bickering of mortals over those sorts of things are beneath him. To the extent he even cares, he would not choose sides.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Highly doubt Thor would involve himself in anything like the original Civil War. The petty bickering of mortals over those sorts of things are beneath him. To the extent he even cares, he would not choose sides.
    Look how he treated Iron Man after he came back and Tony tried to even approach the Registration Act with him.

Thor didn't give a @#$%.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Look how he treated Iron Man after he came back and Tony tried to even approach the Registration Act with him.

Thor didn't give a @#$%.
    Thor might do what Doctor Strange did and just stay out of the whole affair.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I wouldn't put Thor ahead of Cap as far as keeping the Avengers together... in fact if not for Cap I'm pretty sure the avengers would have disbanded by the 4th issue.

BUt I certainly do think Thor plays a major role in this regard as well. Obviously he can physically stop members from fighting if need be. But he's been there since day one. And he's not as polorizing as some members of the team.

Nah. I'm giving it to Jarvis. Where there is Jarvis, there is the Avengers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Thor didn't give a @#$%.
    As it should be. Remember that at the time Thor had the ThorPower and was ruler of Asgard and had been for quite some time. Even under the best of circumstances, what mortals do to govern themselves shouldn't concern him so long as it doesn't involve his people. The one time he took it upon himself to involve himself in earthly governance, it ended badly for all parties concerned, with him killing most of his former Avengers teammates in the process.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Imo he would have got on with being a hero and ignored it all, dealt with any threats from the registration side if needed, reminding them he was a member of a sovereign realm by knocking seven shades out of them

Then gone and saved a load of people from super villains pretending to be good guys and good guys acting like super villains

I don't think he would have cared a jot for the arguments either way

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I think once Stark and Reed unleashed Clor, the real Thor would probably take a side real quick in the whole affair.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Imo he would have got on with being a hero and ignored it all, dealt with any threats from the registration side if needed, reminding them he was a member of a sovereign realm by knocking seven shades out of them

Then gone and saved a load of people from super villains pretending to be good guys and good guys acting like super villains

I don't think he would have cared a jot for the arguments either way
    I could see him doing these things as well. He could do whatever he wanted. Either that or stay in Asgard, but you're right.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think once Stark and Reed unleashed Clor, the real Thor would probably take a side real quick in the whole affair.
    He still told Tony and the people he worked with that he was not to be involved in that. He beat the living hell out of Tony and went about his business and not worrying about Civil War.
    https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/12/07/thor-vs-iron-man/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Nah. I'm giving it to Jarvis. Where there is Jarvis, there is the Avengers.
    No sign of him in Aaron's run so far.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No sign of him in Aaron's run so far.
    Last time I saw Jarvis was Waid's run. When it was Tony and Sam mentoring the younger heroes.

Yes, absolutely.

He is super powerful and a good and hearthy dumb guy, which almost everyone loves on teams and real life.

He is also very wise and just when absolutely needed to be.