View Poll Results: Which monthly Star Wars comic is Best currently?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars

1 12.50%
  • Darth Vader

5 62.50%
  • Other

2 25.00%

Default Which monthly comic book title is currently Best? Star Wars or Darth Vader?

As of now, June 2018, which ongoing monthly Star Wars comic book is best? The main flagship Star Wars, or Darth Vader? Or is it one of the other monthly's?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They've all hit major doldrums in my mind and probably all new new creative refreshes.

Vader's the stronger book right now, I think. As I mentioned in the other thread SW's art is basically tracings from the movies

I haven't really read that much of Poe Dameron, but Doctor Aphra is a lot of fun.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

I just started Poe Dameron with 26.Its a perfect jumping on. Its poe reflecting on the events of star wars 7 and 8 and I guess future issues will bridge the gap between 8 and 9

I'm a trade waiter and so am behind, but, IMHO, Vader has been pretty good, while Star Wars has been lackluster. (However, IMHO, Doctor Aphra is the best Star Wars comic to date.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So I only read the main SW title and Darth Vader. I bailed on Poe early on, and never was interested in Aphra's title.

For me, the Vader series is head and shoulders above the flagship title. Every issue is exciting and there hasn't been any off parts in this current volume.

Second volume of Darth Vader didn't grab me as much as the last one did (that run was truly exceptional), but it's still really good.

But I personally am enjoying Doctor Aphra the most of the ongoing titles, which I really did not expect.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

The new comic seems to be somewhat more action-based, with Vader and the inquisitors hunting Jedi down.

The original comic was pretty much a perfect OT Vader IMO.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Honestly, if this continues to be Vader hunting down hiding Jedi, I'd would buy it forever.

I think the stories of the surviving Jedi after Order 66 has always been something every Star Wars fan has enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Honestly, if this continues to be Vader hunting down hiding Jedi, I'd would buy it forever.

I think the stories of the surviving Jedi after Order 66 has always been something every Star Wars fan has enjoyed.
    Me too! Love those kind of Vader stories! Keep these stories coming.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Darth Vader is by far the better of the two IMO. It is consistently a fantastic read month in month out.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."