Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mark Millar's Magic Order

Issue one was mostly a set up. But the writing was tight and the art top notch.
    You can either hate the idea that Millar is writing these with the thought of them turning into Netflix series, or think it is a great synergy of comics and film.
    (I am in the latter camp)
    BTW; anyone able to get the AR cover enhancement to work. My tablet didn't get anything from code inside the cover.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Still flying

I thoroughly enjoyed it but was a bit disappointed with how much of the issue was a setup.

Ultimate Member

I thought the first issue was fine, as like you say it was set up. The art was great. I'll be bummed though if we get to the end and Millar hasn't told an actually story.

That's the problem with many of his comics, they're pitches for for movies and don't read like stories with a beginning middle and end.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I thought the first issue was fine, as like you say it was set up. The art was great. I'll be bummed though if we get to the end and Millar hasn't told an actually story.

That's the problem with many of his comics, they're pitches for for movies and don't read like stories with a beginning middle and end.
    Really?

Huck, Starlight, Chrononauts, Empress, Reborn...all told a complete story. So did The Kingsman, which was made into a fine movie.

The Current Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass do as well.

I am sure this is made for Netflix to turn into a movie or show, but so what. He still writes a damn fun comic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Really?

Huck, Starlight, Chrononauts, Empress, Reborn...all told a complete story. So did The Kingsman, which was made into a fine movie.

The Current Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass do as well.

I am sure this is made for Netflix to turn into a movie or show, but so what. He still writes a damn fun comic.
    I liked Empress but it felt like a TV pilot, I felt the same about Reborn...the stories seemed like establishing a world for future adventures rather than I guess stand alone stories on their own. I liked Jupiters Circle. It didn't have a string plot but I actually really enjoyed the character work.

I'm not against him turning his comics into shows or movies, but I wish he put more thought into some of them.

The feel like complete stories to me. As much as most comics that establish a series.

I still haven't figures out the Facebook AR thing.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-24-2018 at 04:41 PM.