Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Knowing Marvel they will just shoehorn Nadia into the story.
    It's hilarious that you hate one of Janet's vehicles for appearing. She's Nadia's guardian.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    in my proposed Janet solo, she does go up against members of the Club. but it's mainly as a wealthy outsider. she only attends one of their parties to do some detective work; due to the disappearance of her childhood friend Sterling Stuyvesent. I wanted to add them to her rogues gallery (well, some of the weaker members like Reeva Payge and Benedict Kine).
    Sounds interesting! Have you uploaded this somewhere where we can read it, is there a link?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sounds interesting! Have you uploaded this somewhere where we can read it, is there a link?
    there's not even a first line of text. it's just an idea. but I'd love to see someone/anyone run with it.

Invincible Member

there's not even a first line of text. it's just an idea. but I'd love to see someone/anyone run with it.
    Hmm...It starts with a corporate/Wall Street murder. Sterling goes missing because he knows too much and this is how Jan gets involved. Perhaps the red herring is a member of the Hellfire Club so Jan goes to one of their legit social functions to sniff him out. She gets invited to one of their decedent parties and returns. Thriller movie/comic book stuff ensues. Perhaps Jan has to ruff up a Hellfire guard and that guy points her in the direction of the real bad guy. From there, things get more comic booky...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hmm...It starts with a corporate/Wall Street murder. Sterling goes missing because he knows too much and this is how Jan gets involved. Perhaps the red herring is a member of the Hellfire Club so Jan goes to one of their legit social functions to sniff him out. She gets invited to one of their decedent parties and returns. Thriller movie/comic book stuff ensues. Perhaps Jan has to ruff up a Hellfire guard and that guy points her in the direction of the real bad guy. From there, things get more comic booky...
    exactly. I mostly just wanted to find a way to involve Sterling Stuyvescent. he's a tie to Jan's socialite days. she's more removed from that side of her life because of Avengering. I wasn't sure who the real villain's identity. but my short-list had Kashmir Vennema and/or Dario Agger's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She does avoid them, but I think it has more to do with the extreme excess on display. That would be the least stuffy club to be in. The really weird thing is when she runs into Shaw at a charity event.

He knows she is an Avenger. She knows what he is. They would rather destroy eachother but they both have to do the whole "Hey, how are you?!" song and dance.
    I'd imagine the Hellfire Club (when they are not fighting with Avengers or X Men that are blue bloods) if they see someone like say Tony Stark or Janet Van Dyne at charity events are pretty casual (imagine the old Warner Bros cartoon "Wolf & Sheep dog" when they are "off the clock" they are low key & friendly when they are not blowing up each other or dropping anvils, etc)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Sebastian knew Tony's adoptive father (Howard Stark). they were inducted into the club, in the same ceremony.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 07-04-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Oh? That’s not how Emma treated Scott in Utopia. She didn’t tell Scott she was in Norman Osborns Cabal, and had to confess it to him later.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Oh? That’s not how Emma treated Scott in Utopia. She didn’t tell Scott she was in Norman Osborns Cabal, and had to confess it to him later.
    true. but I think that the plan was to betray the Cabal. she had Namor watching her back.