Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I giggled
    Glad I could make you laugh haha.

Yup, I downloaded it, read the first 5 pages and realized how awesome it was. Definitely going to pick it up at some point. It's super exciting seeing X, Cap, and Ghost working on the same mystery from different perspectives (I assume that's where this story is going, either way it's awesome seeing them all together).
    Yep, they each have there own way of doing things so it will go into that! Its really a great team up title.

Yea, like Bslythegamerguy said, it really feels like it could become a once-in-a-lifetime book. Something like doesn't happen very often. What's the skinny on new creative teams? Is their any talk of getting new writers, or do they generally stay on the same book for quite a while?
    The artist had some fill in for a bit. But Duane is the only writer on X and will be forever for all we know. I don't think they plan to change him. He is list on the latest stuff. So for now he is on it for good.

After a sleep, I decided that I really liked X more. It's just more my style (cause Ghost's a girl. Eww.. ) There's totally a $1 sale on DH digital for Ghost.. I liked trades better but I'm definitely about to buy 6 issues there. It's not DRM-free is it?
    Why is her being a Girl bad haha? Kick butt females rock! Its my favorite kinda story. But everyone has a fav. X is a great one. And you should I love hard copies too. But its hard to pass up. If I did not own them I would buy them Ghost is the current highest selling PBS title. Followed by X, then Cap.

Read the first issue of Blackout. I really don't have anything good or bad to say about it. Not sure about Skyman. I'm not the biggest fan of Fialkov. However, I've always liked the concept of the simple superpower of flight.
    Ya, peoples problem with Skyman was he is just like Cap Midnight in powers. So having two of the same thing that early was strange. I did not hate Skyman. But it was not my most favorite mini. I am looking forward to seeing him again though. I love Blackout though. Great mini, with a great back up. The art is really great too.

Dude. Duuuuuuude. First of all, are you interested in trades? Because each Vol. 1 is only $10, and it gets very cheap on Amazon. If you've looking for monthly floppies, get:
    Doctor Mirage 1
    The Delinquents 1, starts in August (Crossover with Archer & Armstrong and Quantum & Woody. It's bound to be one of the funniest books you've ever read)
    Rai 1-4 (Just started in April. 4-issue arc is ending in August, and picking back up in December)
    X-O Manowar #0 and Unity #0 come out in October.
    Getting Doctor Mirage already, I have never read any of those characters though. Will I need to to understand the cross over? Is Bloodshot any good? Duane use to write it I think.

Is there any other smaller superhero universe I can get into? I see that you read Dynamite, Zenoscope, and Archie. I'm not too interested in Dynamite's old-school stuff, but if you have any recommendations I might try them out.
    I am loving the Chaos stuff from Dynamite, check that out, its a reboot universe of darkness and magic and crazy fun. Check out Robyn Hood from Zenescope, its the best character they have. Though I have only read some of the others. Robyn Hood is less sexual, which I enjoy. Plus Pat is a great writer. And Archie is about to reboot there superheroes which start next year. I am going to check out the rebooted Shield. But Black Hood (by the same writer of X) is looking really good too.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Feel free to join PBS fans here: http://community.comicbookresources....n-Boy-and-more!

You may also want to participate on this: http://community.comicbookresources....-Sky-Character

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    The artist had some fill in for a bit. But Duane is the only writer on X and will be forever for all we know. I don't think they plan to change him. He is list on the latest stuff. So for now he is on it for good.
    What about the other books?

Why is her being a Girl bad haha? Kick butt females rock! Its my favorite kinda story. But everyone has a fav. X is a great one.
    I'm just joshin. I love badass chicks! Buffy's my favorite superhero ever!
    But I just gravitate more towards darker stories. :/ They're both awesome.

Getting Doctor Mirage already, I have never read any of those characters though. Will I need to to understand the cross over?
    I can't say for certain, but knowing the history of Valiant crossovers, you could literally have never read anything with those characters and still have a lot of fun. When I was first getting into Valiant everyone on 4chan was telling me to just start right at Armor Hunters (their big summer event revolving around X-O and Unity, but including Harbinger and Bloodshot as well).
    Although, I would recommend at least reading the free #1's though. They do a fantastic job at getting you acquainted with the characters.

Is Bloodshot any good? Duane use to write it I think.
    Yea. Duane wrote it up to #13, right before the renaming (Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps). I've only read 1-4, but I really liked it. He's such a tragic character, and it's very much a journey of him and the reader finding out about his past (and present) simultaneously. He can regenerate from literally nothing, so there is some really crazy violence going on. Let's just say.. I gasped just as many times reading Bloodshot as I did with X.
    Screenshot (4).jpg

I kind of want to go on a rant about the background of each of the Valiant characters, but it really just be me spoiling the 1st issues of each of their series. The Valiant superheroes are all very different, so it kind of just depends on what you are into, personally. Like I said earlier, it really would just be best to check out the #1's.
    EDIT: Holy crap, there's a $1 sale for Archer & Armstrong on Comixology. Check out that free issue, and if you like it you gotta try 2-4 as well.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-27-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

What about the other books?
    Umm Captain Midnight has a steady writer and artist, with fill ins I think once, maybe. Ghost on the other hand had artist problems from the start of the new ongoing. I can't say what happen or what I was told. But Ryan Sook left and it had great fill in arts. Kelly Sue left after issue 4, but thats all she had planed. Chris has been working with her since the start on this and he took over full time with issue 5. Issue 5 also got Jan and Dan from star wars. But don't let Ghost changes bug you. They have always had great writing and great artist on the title. And I am sure they will. It has been the best selling PBS title, even with a month or two break at one point.
    I'm just joshin. I love badass chicks! Buffy's my favorite superhero ever!
    But I just gravitate more towards darker stories. :/ They're both awesome.
    Ah Issue 5 of Ghost gets a little Darker, but never X dark so I get ya :P.
    I can't say for certain, but knowing the history of Valiant crossovers, you could literally have never read anything with those characters and still have a lot of fun. When I was first getting into Valiant everyone on 4chan was telling me to just start right at Armor Hunters (their big summer event revolving around X-O and Unity, but including Harbinger and Bloodshot as well).
    Although, I would recommend at least reading the free #1's though. They do a fantastic job at getting you acquainted with the characters.
    Alright I will check some of them out.

Yea. Duane wrote it up to #13, right before the renaming (Bloodshot & H.A.R.D. Corps). I've only read 1-4, but I really liked it. He's such a tragic character, and it's very much a journey of him and the reader finding out about his past (and present) simultaneously. He can regenerate from literally nothing, so there is some really crazy violence going on. Let's just say.. I gasped just as many times reading Bloodshot as I did with X.
    Alright, thanks I will least check out 1-13. I looked at issue one once. And there was a cool cosplayer of him at SDCC! It made me think about picking it up.
    Pulls:

Been really busy lately. Read manowar vol. 1 and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_duck View Post
    Been really busy lately. Read manowar vol. 1 and loved it.
    Did you read any Black Sky titles?
    Pulls:

I will on my next order.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_duck View Post
    I will on my next order.
    Sweet! Please let us know what you think.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    The Valiant line has been my favorite brand of comics since the early 90s, and though I tried reading Marvel and DC in their absence, nothing ever really got me jazzed up till I saw that a new Valiant was going to publish again in 2012. I've tried dipping my toe into PBS (and DynaKey, too), but it just doesn't take for me. No offense to anyone who is a fan of PBS, but (IMO) they appear to just be trying to imitate Valiants success.

PBS? Dynakey?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    PBS? Dynakey?
    Project Black Sky, its Dark Horse's Superhero line. And Dyankey is Dynamite's Gold Key reboot, Superheroes from a long time ago.

The Valiant line has been my favorite brand of comics since the early 90s, and though I tried reading Marvel and DC in their absence, nothing ever really got me jazzed up till I saw that a new Valiant was going to publish again in 2012. I've tried dipping my toe into PBS (and DynaKey, too), but it just doesn't take for me. No offense to anyone who is a fan of PBS, but (IMO) they appear to just be trying to imitate Valiants success.
    Also I did not see this post at the time, but you do know that Dark Horse had a Superhero line first in the 90s. How are they imitating them? Ghost and X were heroes before. I am just wondering how they are appearing to imitate them?
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-13-2014 at 11:51 PM.
    Pulls:

BANNED

PBS? Dynakey?
    We recommend either X, Ghost or Captain Midnight!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Project Black Sky, its Dark Horse's Superhero line. And Dyankey is Dynamite's Gold Key reboot, Superheroes from a long time ago.

Also I did not see this post at the time, but you do know that Dark Horse had a Superhero line first in the 90s. How are they imitating them? Ghost and X were heroes before. I am just wondering how they are appearing to imitate them?
    Oh yeah, I know. Truth be told, I'm not sure when Dark Horse started publishing Comics Greatest World. The first Valiant title, Magnus: Robot Fighter #1, came out in May, 1991.

I was actually referring to PBS and DynaKey recenly resurrecting old heroes after Valiant had been successfully publishing for at least a year. Perhaps it's not fair to say the PRS is imitating Valiant, so I should retract that statement. If anything, they appear to be following in the path the Valiant crew successfully plowed for them. DynaKey, on the other hand, is just blatant in ripping off Valiant: Creators, titles, characters, covers... all of them trying to harken back to the old Valiant in an attempt to get readers attention.

I was actually referring to PBS and DynaKey recenly resurrecting old heroes after Valiant had been successfully publishing for at least a year. Perhaps it's not fair to say the PRS is imitating Valiant, so I should retract that statement. If anything, they appear to be following in the path the Valiant crew successfully plowed for them. DynaKey, on the other hand, is just blatant in ripping off Valiant: Creators, titles, characters, covers... all of them trying to harken back to the old Valiant in an attempt to get readers attention.
    I don't know, I don't think Valiant is 100 percent the reason that path was made for them. We are in another Superhero boom, just like we were in the 90s. There is many factors too it, it could be cause Superheroes are big again due to the movies, or it could be because people are leaving Marvel and DC and are looking for different kinda superheroes, and the companies too notice, or it could be for a bunch of other reasons. But to say that Valiant made that path (or even just made that path alone) seems wrong. I don't hate Valiant, nor do I think Dark Horse made the path at all. But I believe the path was made by others and it was also made by others in the 90s as well. I am happy that Valiant is doing so well and I can't wait to check out Dr. Mirage, but I don't think we can say that they 100 percent created that path for Dark Horse to follow. Like I said I think we are just in another Superhero bang like in the 90s, and I hope this one keeps going.

I like Dynakey though, I am reading most of there hero stuff and they don't seem to be anything like Valiants stuff. Also by creators do you mean they have some of the same writers on staff? I think thats just cause those writers are popular right now in the indie world and they fit really well.
    Pulls:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    read both.

they are both great, better than what DC or Marvel are doing right now.
    This.
    I read both. I don't by 5 Avengers titles 7 Bat titles etc etc. I don't dislike Marvel/DC, quite the opposite. Those are the characters and companies that first brought me "into the fold". However, I mainly read their stuff in trade w/exception to B/C level tiered characters which I support as I would a PBS or VALIANT title. I get Black Widow, Elektra and Moon Knight as well as Justice League Dark and Aquaman&the Others. DC/Marvel are never going to stop making their Big Gun titles so they don't need my monthly dollar for support. Actually, it's cheaper to trade wait but PBS and VALIANT do need my monthly support. The guarantee of continuing publication just isn't there like it is for Cap, IM, Thor, Avengers family, X-family....you get the idea.

I buy every VALIANT title....yes even Shadowman and Q&W which are the most inconsistent imo. The line is very solid and four pages in a feel others have given good voice to what VEI offers in it's lineup. You don't have to read them all but it does help in some titles.

PBS via Dark Horse is a bit different. Things are more silo'ed and stand alone but they also only have the 3 ongoings and one or two minis at any given time.
    I'd easily buy 5-6 ongoings if they produced them. I'm also hoping for more Comics Greatest World character revivals, Barb Wire being paramount. Vortex being another.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Holy crap this thread's back!? Sweet!

PBS? Dynakey?
    I know this has been answered, but I figured I'd elaborate.
    Project Black Sky is Dark Horse's attempt at a shared superhero universe. It's pretty awesome, and has a lot of diversity (but so does Valiant)
    Ongoings:
    X
    Captain Midnight
    Ghost
    Mini's:
    Brain Boy
    Blackout
    The Occultist
    Skyman

DynaKey is short for Dynamite's Gold Key relaunch. Gold Key consists mainly of 3 big names, and a few other not so well known characters...
    Solar: Man of the Atom
    Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
    Magnus: Robot Fighter
    At one point Valiant was publishing Gold Key stuff, Dark Horse a few years ago, and now Dynamite. Right now Dynamite is also releasing a mini about Dr. Spektor, and it's pretty awesome. The line is ok, but I kind of get a hollow feeling after reading a bunch in a row.. like the writers aren't really trying too hard. It's actually been hard for me to catch up with Turok, which I legitimately enjoyed for the first 4 issues. I don't know, everything just seems so bleh when I think back. Maybe it's the pasty art?
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 08-15-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers