Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    Below are the crossovers to date in the new Valiant:

Harbinger Wars 1 - 4 / Harbinger 11 - 14 / Bloodshot 10 - 13 (event Apr, '13 - July, '13)
    Unity 1 - 4 / X-O Manowar 19 - 22 (crossover Nov. '13 - Feb, '14)
    Archer & Armstrong 18-19 / Bloodshot & HC 20 - 21 (crossover Mar, 14 - Apr. '14)
    Armor Hunters 1 - 4 / X-O Manor 26 - 29/Unity 8 - 11/ AH: Bloodshot 1 - 3/ AH: Harbinger 1- 3 AH: Aftermath 1 (event June '14 - Oct '14)

I think that covers them all. Maybe it just seems like a lot because three of them have occurred in the past year, or because Armor Hunters was designed to impact almost the entire line?
    Yeah, three in a year does seem a lot considering they involve only four titles.

Not really. Crossovers happen literally every week at Marvel and DC.
    Crossovers shouldnt be confused with Event books, of which Valiant have had two; Harbinger Wars and Armor Hunters.

I know some people don't like this idea, but it would be cool if Deathmate II involves Valiant/Project Black Sky this time. Seeing that they both have the best Indie superhero universes right now.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I know some people don't like this idea, but it would be cool if Deathmate II involves Valiant/Project Black Sky this time. Seeing that they both have the best Indie superhero universes right now.
    I would read a cross over series between PBS and Valiant haha. Out of continuity I would hope lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

O.M.G. I would buy every issue. I can't believe I haven't thought about this in my head-canon yet. There's about to be a lot of imaginary fight scenes going on in my head while bored at work.

Quote Originally Posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    Yeah, three in a year does seem a lot considering they involve only four titles.
    I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but it's really not like that. Harbinger Wars and Armor Hunter are huge (line-wide, in the case of Armor Hunters), events, which for whatever reason you wouldn't be into. But once again, if you want to only read X-O there is no need to get the event or crossovers or anything extra.
    The Unity/Manowar crossover he mentioned isn't really a crossover. It's just two stories that happen to be about eachother.
    And the A&A/Bloodshot crossover is 2 issues each... So, yea, whatever.

I just don't see what you have against crossovers... They're kind of an integral part of any shared universe. Why not just read Image if you hate them that much?
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

It'd probably turn so much better this time around. While the Valiant produced issues were alright, the issues that landed on Image's side (was it Black and Red? I forget) were a hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    O.M.G. I would buy every issue. I can't believe I haven't thought about this in my head-canon yet. There's about to be a lot of imaginary fight scenes going on in my head while bored at work.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but it's really not like that. Harbinger Wars and Armor Hunter are huge (line-wide, in the case of Armor Hunters), events, which for whatever reason you wouldn't be into. But once again, if you want to only read X-O there is no need to get the event or crossovers or anything extra.
    The Unity/Manowar crossover he mentioned isn't really a crossover. It's just two stories that happen to be about eachother.

I just don't see what you have against crossovers... They're kind of an integral part of any shared universe. Why not just read Image if you hate them that much?
    I'll help you out: XO/ CAP MIDNIGHT, Harbinger/Brainboy, Bloodshot vs X, Shadowman/Ghost
    And I'm sure Socializingmogo is buying the hell out of ORIGINAL SIN, AXIS, SPIDERVERSE and FUTURE'S END.

I'll help you out: XO/ CAP MIDNIGHT, Harbinger/Brainboy, Bloodshot vs X, Shadowman/Ghost
    And I'm sure Socializingmogo is buying the hell out of ORIGINAL SIN, AXIS, SPIDERVERSE and FUTURE'S END.
    When you put the slash do you mean like a team-up? If so, that would be fun. It would be really cool to see Aric and Jim's differing perspectives kn the 21st century from being from different eras in history. However, if they were to fight, X-O would destroy Midnight. Cap's a better fighter, and he would probably last a while, but X-O is near-unstoppable.
    Brain Boy and Peter Stancheck would be a good fight, but I think Peter would win eventually. Bloodshot vs. X would be a lot of fun, but I think Bloodshot would get him in the end. Ghost and Shadowman would be AMAZING.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics

Oh, since I just started reading Shadowman I am not getting a better feeling for him I would love to see a Ghost/Shadowman cross over. Or Ghost/Dr. Mirage would be interesting.

I would love a Harbinger/Brainboy cross over too. They seem like they would have a hard time working together, which would sound super fun haha.
    Pulls:

When you put the slash do you mean like a team-up? If so, that would be fun. It would be really cool to see Aric and Jim's differing perspectives kn the 21st century from being from different eras in history. However, if they were to fight, X-O would destroy Midnight. Cap's a better fighter, and he would probably last a while, but X-O is near-unstoppable.
    Brain Boy and Peter Stancheck would be a good fight, but I think Peter would win eventually. Bloodshot vs. X would be a lot of fun, but I think Bloodshot would get him in the end. Ghost and Shadowman would be AMAZING.
    I guess team-ups would work better, since the Valiant characters are obviously more powerful than the PBS ones.

Hey don't worry, you've had me a couple of posts ago, it was just an observation.
    My problem with crossovers is, that you have to get all crossover titles and then probably also have to read up on the other titles you don't usually read. Marvel does this a lot recently, crossing over several titles with the whole setup in at least 2 or 3 titles.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SocializingMogo View Post
    Hey don't worry, you've had me a couple of posts ago, it was just an observation.
    My problem with crossovers is, that you have to get all crossover titles and then probably also have to read up on the other titles you don't usually read. Marvel does this a lot recently, crossing over several titles with the whole setup in at least 2 or 3 titles.
    I hear you on that. My complaint - and granted, I've been out of the loop with the Big 2 for awhile now - but I recall Final Crisis had multiple spin off series and one shots, the majority of which had absolutley zilch to do with Final Crisis. Case in point, the Rage of the Red Lanterns one shot... one sentence in it touched on FC, the rest was all ongoing Green Lantern related. Why but the FC banner on it?? Of course, the answer to that... sales.

Happy to report that the Valiant events have all had related and relevant spinoff/crossover material, definitely worthwhile reading!

I guess team-ups would work better, since the Valiant characters are obviously more powerful than the PBS ones.
    How is that true at all? XD I mean I could see some Valiant characters being more powerful, but I can also see some that are less powerful.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    How is that true at all? XD I mean I could see some Valiant characters being more powerful, but I can also see some that are less powerful.
    Pretty much what I said in my post.. Peter Stancheck, X-O Manowar, and Bloodshot are all nearly unstoppable. Brain Boy and X would put up a good fight against Peter and Bloodshot respectively, but I just really think the Valiant characters would eventually get angry and it would all be over. It's not even a question whether X-O would beat Cap. It's kinda like Superman vs. Cap America. 'merica would put up a good fight, but there's no way he would come out on top.

Pretty much what I said in my post.. Peter Stancheck, X-O Manowar, and Bloodshot are all nearly unstoppable. Brain Boy and X would put up a good fight against Peter and Bloodshot respectively, but I just really think the Valiant characters would eventually get angry and it would all be over. It's not even a question whether X-O would beat Cap. It's kinda like Superman vs. Cap America. 'merica would put up a good fight, but there's no way he would come out on top.
    It all depends how the writer writes it, they could come up with a new way to take them down. And it all depends on who is fighting who. But I did say some of them are more powerful. My comment was that not all of them are haha.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 08-21-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    Pulls: