Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 89 of 89
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    My mail order copy /finally/ arrived. XD

    The first physical comic I've bought since Superior Spider-Man.

  2. #77
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,413

    Default

    I here Mastermind might be back in the ANAD, as he’s mentioned by Spidey in his new book. I would like to see that rematch. If Mastermind could enfeebled Sentry with a “Void” demon, what would some of the more unscrupulous mind control villains do with Robert Reynolds? The Controller? Puppet Master? Wasn’t there a god who attacked Storm once in her mind? And wasn’t there some mindcontrol guy who just had to touch you, in the Spiderman book?

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I here Mastermind might be back in the ANAD, as he’s mentioned by Spidey in his new book. I would like to see that rematch. If Mastermind could enfeebled Sentry with a “Void” demon, what would some of the more unscrupulous mind control villains do with Robert Reynolds? The Controller? Puppet Master? Wasn’t there a god who attacked Storm once in her mind? And wasn’t there some mindcontrol guy who just had to touch you, in the Spiderman book?
    The whole Mastermind thing seemed like a way to sweep the Void under the rug. Like most Sentry Bendis innovations, it is best ignored.

    Now, Sentry meeting Mister Negative, who I think you are implying there, could be fun.

  4. #79
    Extraordinary Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The whole Mastermind thing seemed like a way to sweep the Void under the rug. Like most Sentry Bendis innovations, it is best ignored.

    Now, Sentry meeting Mister Negative, who I think you are implying there, could be fun.
    I would like to see Mastermind forced to reverse the “Void” Demon and see what Robert Reynolds can become without that curse. But maybe you are right, and the Void is not just a suggested implant, but a mirror image of the Sentry that is part of the gaining of such great power. Power of a million exploding suns in human form - that’s going to look like a two sided coin. On the one hand, it is unlimited energy. On the other hand, it should have extreme destructive power. One good, one not so good.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    When we think of a million exploding suns, we tend to think of what that awesome release of energy does to the surrounding environment. We forget that when a star explodes, it is actually suffering an internal collapse into a black hole. We forget the damage wrought to the star. The Void embodies the inner ravages of said destructive force.

    According to some theories, roaming black holes are themselves star eaters. Imagine what a million of those as part of your gestalt does to a person. If Bob wasn't a mental troubled person before gaining the powers, he certainly would have been afterwards. Given absolute power, it's typical for the classic conflict of man vs. himself to arise. But the Void puts a more cosmic twist on it, because I think at this point Sentry's natural state -- metaphorical and otherwise -- is the Void. But he's fighting against that and against what the normal laws of reality and time intended.

    I'd keep the Void around for those reasons alone. Jekyll and Hyde. Banner and Hulk. Lifebringer and Devourer. The Sentry mythos is in good company.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-29-2018 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    Apologies, this was a duplicate post.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.

  7. #82
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    When we think of a million exploding suns, we tend to think of what that awesome release of energy does to the surrounding environment. We forget that when a star explodes, it is actually suffering an internal collapse into a black hole. We forget the damage wrought to the star. The Void embodies the inner ravages of said destructive force.

    According to some theories, roaming black holes are themselves star eaters. Imagine what a million of those as part of your gestalt does to a person. If Bob wasn't a mental troubled person before gaining the powers, he certainly would have been afterwards. Given absolute power, it's typical for the classic conflict of man vs. himself to arise. But the Void puts a more cosmic twist on it, because I think at this point Sentry's natural state -- metaphorical and otherwise -- is the Void. But he's fighting against that and against what the normal laws of reality and time intended.

    I'd keep the Void around for those reasons alone. Jekyll and Hyde. Banner and Hulk. Lifebringer and Devourer. The Sentry mythos is in good company.
    This is a very cool point. That's a bit of likely intentional duality I'd not contemplated that way. The character has used a loooot of allegory and symbolism.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-31-2018 at 04:50 AM.

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    Double post
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-31-2018 at 04:59 AM.

  9. #84
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Cover looks nice, but this is one character I was happy to see go to his final rest. No need to revisit him/it/this.

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Cover looks nice, but this is one character I was happy to see go to his final rest. No need to revisit him/it/this.
    He's one of those characters that I don't think Marvel will ever really kill off, or leave in limbo for too long. I can't say if that reflects the fan following, or the extent to which Sentry occupies the imaginations of Marvel creators. If they kill him again, I'd bet my paycheck and the incomes of future generations to come that someone will bring the Sentry back.

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Cover looks nice, but this is one character I was happy to see go to his final rest. No need to revisit him/it/this.
    You're also missing a pretty great series so far.

  12. #87
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    So, just kinda found out. Not sure if this is the right place to put this, and it's old news, but still.

    spoilers:
    Scout is evil now? I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Things probably won't end well for his ambition.
    end of spoilers

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    DOuble post
    Last edited by Tendrin; 08-01-2018 at 12:21 AM.

  14. #89
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    So, just kinda found out. Not sure if this is the right place to put this, and it's old news, but still.

    spoilers:
    Scout is evil now? I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Things probably won't end well for his ambition.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't believe it will be as simple as 'Scout is evil now'. Let's not forget, Scout had his arm lopped off /by/ Bob as the Void. He may well be the villain of the piece, but until we know more about his motivation (aside from his obvious bitterness and resentment towards Bob) and what he intends to do, I'd hesitate to calll him 'evil'. Scout may well wind up speaking for all those fans who're angry that Bob's fallen down so often, who want to see 'all that Void shit' done away with. You know? The only criticism I have is that all this would be more effective if we'd gotten more use of Scout BEFORE now, but that's water under the bridge and nothing to do with Lemire.
    end of spoilers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •