Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm shocked this was pretty great, I was expecting it to be god-awful

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I am still waiting for mine to arrive.
    You might want to duck related threads until you get the chance to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You might want to duck related threads until you get the chance to read it.
    I've never minded spoilers, tbh. I find that they enhance my enjoyment rather than cause me to lose it.

I've never minded spoilers, tbh. I find that they enhance my enjoyment rather than cause me to lose it.
    Copy That.

This one just kick off rather swiftly.

Incredible Member

Given Tony and Stephen (him longer than most), and clearly others knowing he’s back you’d think they would have set him up with a nicer place and job. You’d think they’d want to make him as comfortable as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Given Tony and Stephen (him longer than most), and clearly others knowing he’s back you’d think they would have set him up with a nicer place and job. You’d think they’d want to make him as comfortable as possible
    He may not have wanted that. More importantly, for people with mental illness like my own, routine is extremely important. Nothing worse than a lot of idle time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Was Tony in this issue? Also was it just a panel or was he helping Sentry out?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-27-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Was Tony in this issue? Also was it just a panel or was he helping Sentry out?
    Just read the issue. Friend came by with it and let me peruse his copy since mine hasn't gotten here yet.

Tony was only mentioned.

This was really fantastic, IMO, and there's some really interesting hints in it.

Just read the issue. Friend came by with it and let me peruse his copy since mine hasn't gotten here yet.

Tony was only mentioned.

This was really fantastic, IMO, and there's some really interesting hints in it.
    I was getting it anyway. Just wanted to know if Tony was in it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-27-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

All I can say is Lemire really does get it.

All I can say is Lemire really does get it.
    While I know that I've already said so, this guy goes largely unsung.

BANNED

So two different forums thought this was good? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    So two different forums thought this was good? Hmmm.
    Bob is the heart of Bob's story at last.

Some additional notes:

spoilers:
    The confluctor isn't new. It goes all the way back to Sentry #1 in 2000!

The mention of Lindy implies she is no longer deceased, or at least Bob believes this to the case, as he mentions that he has an 'ex-wife who's so tired of it all that she won't even talk to me'. I imagine that he either brought Lindy back to life or something else is going on here. I suppose Lindy still being dead might make it hard to write any story about Sentry that doesn't involve him immediately murdering Bullseye and Norman Osbourne, which he can't do because.. they'd be dead. :P

I'm interested in Misty Knight's continuing role here as Bob's 'case agent' so to speak, it seems.
    end of spoilers

This is basically the exact opposite of the Bendisian take on the character and is closest in feel to the initial miniseries. I have high hopes.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-28-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Curious. Admittedly, I was never a fan of the Sentry because of the subplot of his schizophrenia that differentiated him from Superman as Marvel sought to avoid making him a clone of the Man of Steel, just like they gave Moon Knight multiple personalities so he wouldn't be a Batman clone, something I thought was needless. That said, I might give this new Sentry book a looksee.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!