Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't think it would take a reader more than two or three issues of this run to work out if it will be for them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    He may not have wanted that. More importantly, for people with mental illness like my own, routine is extremely important. Nothing worse than a lot of idle time.
    You may be interested in the current run of Moon Knight. The writer has bipolar disorder and he channels his own experiences dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    More importantly, for people with mental illness like my own, routine is extremely important. Nothing worse than a lot of idle time.
    Quoted For Truth.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    You may be interested in the current run of Moon Knight. The writer has bipolar disorder and he channels his own experiences dealing with it.
    I've seen it mentioned as being particularly strong.

BANNED

Always enjoyed Sentry`s concept idea and this first issue got my interest rolling again.

BANNED

Awesome first issue. This is definitely right in Lemire's wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    The only way this could have been any better is if the current Moon Knight series wasn't going so that post-Lemire Marc could be Bob's agent instead of Misty.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The only way this could have been any better is if the current Moon Knight series wasn't going so that post-Lemire Marc could be Bob's agent instead of Misty.
    I maintain that a version of the Defenders ought to be Sentry, Moon Knight, Captain Marvel And Doc Samson. CD

Sounds good and the art looks great.

Does Sentry still have his godlike powers? Not his normal godlike powers but the additional ones like manipulating molecules.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Sounds good and the art looks great.

Does Sentry still have his godlike powers? Not his normal godlike powers but the additional ones like manipulating molecules.
    Hard to say. Sentry's power level has always been meant to be 'off the charts' so that his concept can make sense. He has to be powerful enough for the Void to be the kind of actively universal threat that required him to vanish in the first place. Bendis' molecule manipulation bit was demonstrated by Remender in Uncanny Avengers when he brought elementals to life and so on. We haven't really seen enough of the Sentry in Lemire's take in active use of his powers to say. I mean, aside from punching the moon in half. xD

I've always liked the character, or tried hard to (Bendis!).

I really liked the arc several years ago in Uncanny Avengers; he was a sort of automaton, in a way, but he intrigued me. Can't wait to see this.

Okay...so a character so powerful he needs a device to vanish into a pocket dimension to battle his demons to keep us safe. Has no real supervision and no real security for his apartment where he keeps his device? They actually have to pile into a van to go looking for him? They let him keep his device in his apartment? In order for the story to work I actually have to believe this. I don't so it doesn't.

Now if it's revealed that Bob is in a pocket dimension inside a pocket dimension then bravo. The problem is I don't think I care enough about the Sentry to stick around long enough to find out.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I have never read anything about the Sentry, except for Planet Hulk. I was like; "Who is this guy"?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Okay...so a character so powerful he needs a device to vanish into a pocket dimension to battle his demons to keep us safe. Has no real supervision and no real security for his apartment where he keeps his device? They actually have to pile into a van to go looking for him? They let him keep his device in his apartment? In order for the story to work I actually have to believe this. I don't so it doesn't.

Now if it's revealed that Bob is in a pocket dimension inside a pocket dimension then bravo. The problem is I don't think I care enough about the Sentry to stick around long enough to find out.
    Chalk that up to the most difficult part of being a writer -- making some of the concepts and conventions relatable to your reader. We've seen with other writers (not to be named here) that if you make things too esoteric, abstract or metaphorical, you'll lose the audience. Sometimes no matter how cringe-worthy or campy, there has to be a door, and said door has to have hinges and a doorknob that functions like a door with hinges and a doorknob, even if it is really a wormhole portal to the 666th realm of Hades. What we hope for is that the greater arc of the story helps us to ignore some of the more mundane elements and plot holes. Every story, no matter how epic, has them.