Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I didn't let it sink because I was clueless. I genuinely didn't like what I was reading. Batgirl made it worse, not better, agreed, but Starling just didn't work for me at all.
    By "clueless people", I wasn't necessarily referring to readers.
    I meant people making the decisions at DC.
    And I didn't mind them adding Batgirl into the mix. But the other changes that resulted were regrettable.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By "clueless people", I wasn't necessarily referring to readers.
    I meant people making the decisions at DC.
    And I didn't mind them adding Batgirl into the mix. But the other changes that resulted were regrettable.
    Ah. Well, you'll get no defense from me of any decisionmaking at the beginning of the n52. NOTHING.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

For me, Starling is only memorable because she compared so negatively to Zinda, Charlie, Barda, Manhunter, and heck, even Infinity grabbed me more than Starling.

I didn't let it sink because I was clueless. I genuinely didn't like what I was reading. Batgirl made it worse, not better, agreed, but Starling just didn't work for me at all.
    Different strokes, I loved her retro style and tattoos. She was like a contemporary version of Peggy Cummins in "Gun Crazy".

Very cool.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Different strokes, I loved her retro style and tattoos. She was like a contemporary version of Peggy Cummins in "Gun Crazy".

Very cool.
    Her style was great. I just didn't see anything past the style, much as I wanted to.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Her style was great. I just didn't see anything past the style, much as I wanted to.
    In comics style goes a long way, but she was quick with a clever quip and hail of bullets too.

I have the perfect idea and title for Starling to be in, but I'll need to become an editor at DC first. ::crosses fingers::