Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If you haven't read the book, then how can you make such a call, which by the way couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    If you haven't read the book, then how can you make such a call, which by the way couldn't be more wrong if you tried.
    Being extremely generous, it may be possible he is thinking about the Ed Benes art that disgraced a lot of Gail Simone's old universe run. In which case he'd have a point.

Astonishing Member

DC probably has the rights to well over 100,000 characters like Starling. (That's one of the little perks to publishing since 1938.)

She'll probably sit on a shelf in Limbo with the other 99,999+.

Mighty Member

Carrabas, sorry about the #PC mistake but at least you got my central point here. Others clearly didn't.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Based on the dated concept art,dude. #Weinstein. As far as the character goes it is still all the more relevant to portray her differently. This doesn't mean she has to be dressed like a Nun either. She is an Action Adventure character after all. I don't know how I would go about it myself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Being extremely generous, it may be possible he is thinking about the Ed Benes art that disgraced a lot of Gail Simone's old universe run. In which case he'd have a point.
    Thanks for being generous. I was talking about the art although I admit I don't know how I would handle it. She needs to be an Action Adventure concept and needs to kick butt.

New 52 BoP had a really refreshing dynamic for all of the 3 issues before editorial forced Babs onto the roster (for whatever reason I don't know as at the beginning, it was actually outselling Suicide Squad and Babsgirl didn't provide any sales boost or even stem the drop in sales).

Starling to me was one of the best new characters in the New 52. Pity nobody had any interest in using her (competently) once her creator left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    the real question is... who decided to let the Arrow TV series use her?
    She's in Arrow ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    She's in Arrow ?!?
    Apparently: http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Evelyn_Sharp

Although it seems like she goes by "Evelyn Sharp" instead of "Evelyn Crawford", and she was also Artemis and a Black Canary impostor?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    She's in Arrow ?!?
    Not really.

There is a character in Arrow with a similar but not identical name and has little to nothing in common with Starling beyond the female non-powered superhero thing.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

She was my favorite character created this decade so it's a bummer to see her shelved. I don't know if it's because she's so tied to the New 52 or because of the usual treatment of new characters who don't become instant successes but I still want to see her around, even as part of Waller's team.

I honestly think that as long as Babs is still Batgirl, the BoP trio should be Canary, Huntress and Starling.
    I think there are a lot of unexplored potential and dynamics there. BoP needs a fresh direction, and Starling seems like the type of character who could help with that.
    They could always bring Babs back in the Oracle role. It would actually be fun seeing her return to a team that's created new bonds while she was gone.

Starling was awesome and fun. I gave up on BoP before #20 so I don't remember her turning heel. They should bring her back.

Doesn’t really make sense to shelve her. It seems like both DC and Marvel are trying to push their female characters and Starling could have been great. A tattooed, whiskey drinking, gun toting badass.

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    She was my favorite character created this decade so it's a bummer to see her shelved. I don't know if it's because she's so tied to the New 52 . . .
    She was essentially "shelved" once the original writer of the New52 run (Duane Swiercynski) was off the title; it really had nothing to do with being "so tied to the New 52".