Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default The Flash #49 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

The Flash #49

Source: http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/21/e...-the-flash-49/

“FLASH WAR” part three! There’s only one thing that can put Wally West’s life back together. As he races back to the present, he has one goal: break the Speed Force! Can The Flash stop his former sidekick before it’s too late?
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    The Flash #49

“FLASH WAR” part three! There’s only one thing that can put Wally West’s life back together. As he races back to the present, he has one goal: break the Speed Force! Can The Flash stop his former sidekick before it’s too late?
    I know Wally isn't a scientist, but when considering "breaking the Speed Force", shouldn't one also consider Newton's 3rd law of motion?
    "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"
    And if Wally does break the Speed Force, how many king's horses and how many king's men (not to mention how much duct tape and how many containers of Flex Seal®) will it take to undo (or at least contain) any unforeseen consequences?

Poor Steve Trevor stuck taking orders from Amanda Waller again.

Poor Roy ticked off that nobody invited him to rejoin the Titans. And poor Garth is the only member of the Fab Five who isn't there .

So can we just confirm that the New 52 New Gods are still a thing and that the classic versions are just in King's book?

C'mon Barry, we both know you really didn't make that much of an effort to try and find The Flash Family. You didn't even know who the heck Jay was.

I love how Batman is the one advocating that they just leave them alone. I mean, like, come on Batman .

I like how Superman is the only one who can get even close to the Flashes but he's still barely trailing behind them.

DESTROY IT WALLY!!! Take away the crutch of every writer since Mark Waid !!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    But if he breaks it, won't that result in:
    Flashpoint 2: Electric Boogaloo ?!?

BANNED

This looks good

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    C'mon Barry, we both know you really didn't make that much of an effort to try and find The Flash Family. You didn't even know who the heck Jay was.
    To be fair, he didn't/doesn't remember them,or his relationship with him until he comes into contact with them. Especially considering he doesn't want to enact another Flashpoint.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Yeah...if Wally succeeds, FLASH might return to its pre-Speed Force roots.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah...if Wally succeeds, FLASH might return to its pre-Speed Force roots.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

And that is?

Wally tells what I've been saying: His kids and others are stuck in Speed Force and suffering. Barry's mother is dead. Not even comparable situations.

What Dick did to other Titans sounds like a massive dickery.

And Barry didn't inform Wally about Jay's appearence? Didn't even ask to him if he was someone Wally knew? It's inexcusable.

Sure Wally is not perfect in his approach but he is STILL more in the right than Barry. #TeamWally for that alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    The Flash #49

Here's what I think WILL HAPPEN:

There will be HINT of the FORMER FLASH FAMILY proving Wally's point, but they'll lose that Chance to get them back.

Batman and Flash WILL TALK To Wally about their findings, but they'll place Wally in the Sanctuary for his own protection.

Flash/Barry will Vow to get the entire family back together, and tries to find ways how which lead to his journey to the House of Heroes.

At least that's how I see things going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    . . . And Barry didn't inform Wally about Jay's appearence? Didn't even ask to him if he was someone Wally knew? It's inexcusable.
    Since I don't read The Flash, I can't address whether Barry is responsible for telling Wally EVERYTHING that ever happens or if it really registered with Barry that his fleeting contact with a guy he doesn't remember (and under circumstances that were probably confusing and maybe even not seemingly real?) may have been connected to Wally in any way.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Wally tells what I've been saying: His kids and others are stuck in Speed Force and suffering. Barry's mother is dead. Not even comparable situations.

What Dick did to other Titans sounds like a massive dickery.

And Barry didn't inform Wally about Jay's appearence? Didn't even ask to him if he was someone Wally knew? It's inexcusable.

Sure Wally is not perfect in his approach but he is STILL more in the right than Barry. #TeamWally for that alone.
    It's hard not be on Wally's side on this. Not just because I'm a much bigger Wally West fan but because Barry has been written as kind of a douchebag ever since the first Flash Rebirth. I've always really, really liked Barry in the flashback books and rare appearances he made while he was "dead" but I've found him incredibly difficult to like in his current incarnation, no matter who has written him. He's both bland and kind of a jerk, which, as combinations go, isn't one of the better ones.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Since I don't read The Flash, I can't address whether Barry is responsible for telling Wally EVERYTHING that ever happens or if it really registered with Barry that his fleeting contact with a guy he doesn't remember (and under circumstances that were probably confusing and maybe even not seemingly real?) may have been connected to Wally in any way.
    The guy was stuck in Speed Force. Wally was also stuck in the Speed Force. Wally also told him that they didn't "remember everything and he was starting to forget what he rememebered" right in the Rebirth one-shot. They agreed to work together and keep in touch, that's why they seperated ways; so they could do a throughly research in two groups. Wally informed Barry about Abra Kadabra so he was doing his part. I thought Barry could show the courtesy as well.

It's very much inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It's hard not be on Wally's side on this. Not just because I'm a much bigger Wally West fan but because Barry has been written as kind of a douchebag ever since the first Flash Rebirth. I've always really, really liked Barry in the flashback books and rare appearances he made while he was "dead" but I've found him incredibly difficult to like in his current incarnation, no matter who has written him. He's both bland and kind of a jerk, which, as combinations go, isn't one of the better ones.
    I'm not even making up things: Barry is listing all the criticisms he faced himself on page. It has meta purposes of course but acknowledging what went wrong won't excuse him all of this.

I just hope Williamson can find a way where Barry is not the clear winner this time.

Both characters are not 100% right, but destroying the speed force is still a terrible idea and Wally won't even listen to Barry. So to me, Barry is more right and Wally needs to be stopped before he does something stupid.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman