Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well one of the issues with i AM Bane for some who know Bane did not believe Bane would care for his mother sinc ein Post-Crisis he thought little of her due her dying. I stopped reading Bane: Conquest but why not see whether Chuck Dixon still has something to offer.
    Well, he wasn't very expressive about his mother, but the conditions in which he grew up didn't allow him to show emotion for anyone. Besides, his father was given a more important role in his life, since he spent his childhood and youth in prison because he was paying his father' sins.

His quest to find him took lot of years, and when he succeded he was pretty dissapointed because of how his father turned out to be. But I think his mother did have importance for him, only in a deeper level, and that King showed us clearer.

In Gail Simone's amazing Secret Six run just before Flashpoint, we watched Bane's hell, that was basically her mother's dissapointment at watching how Bane never overcame the prison and his fear of loneliness.

Usually, we see the importance of the paternal figures in both, Batman's and Bane's cases, so it was cool that King gave importance to both of their mothers, probably influenced for King's lack of a father figure and being raised by his mother and grandmother
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Well, he wasn't very expressive about his mother, but the conditions in which he grew up didn't allow him to show emotion for anyone. Besides, his father was given a more important role in his life, since he spent his childhood and youth in prison because he was paying his father' sins.

His quest to find him took lot of years, and when he succeded he was pretty dissapointed because of how his father turned out to be. But I think his mother did have importance for him, only in a deeper level, and that King showed us clearer.

In Gail Simone's amazing Secret Six run just before Flashpoint, we watched Bane's hell, that was basically her mother's dissapointment at watching how Bane never overcame the prison and his fear of loneliness.

Usually, we see the importance of the paternal figures in both, Batman's and Bane's cases, so it was cool that King gave importance to both of their mothers, probably influenced for King's lack of a father figure and being raised by his mother and grandmother
    True I wonder whether anyone will bring back King Snake or has he already returned? Hmm interesting points maybe Bane did care about his mother to some extent arguably I do not mind seeing some of Martha Wayn'es influece bec ause we chiefly only got to her husbanmd's influence on Bruce.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he