Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Ugh, I had no luck at my wal-mart and the employee I talked to couldn’t find anything in their system.

Edit: really getting anxious about not getting to read the Bendis issues. I wish there was a digital alternative due to stores not carrying them or stores being sold out.
    Last edited by soundsci; 07-01-2018 at 03:36 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    I hesitated on the choice of words, I decided it was fitting and an accurate representation of what I think.

Generally speaking.. I am not against people making a buck or Ebay.... however its like the adult cross-checking a kid in a department store ripping a tickle-me Elmo out of their hand because its the last one. Scalpers and flippers should stick to the variants and exclusive releases imo..... let DC grow the market so we still have a market in the future.
    I agree that the people who are doing this are jerks. I just like to keep the conversation at a PG level. But I'm not a mod, just a person who is probably too much of a prude.

And a hearty amen to growing the market!

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Ugh, I had no luck at my wal-mart and the employee I talked to couldn’t find anything in their system.
    Bummer. Keep at it! Remember to check the Checkout aisle and the Magic/Pokemon/Baseball card aisle!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looks interesting, I might give it a read.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I believe these books are vendor managed? Which means the folks that supply the Pokémon cards, etc. is who puts out the comic books. So the employees may not know where to look?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I believe these books are vendor managed? Which means the folks that supply the Pokémon cards, etc. is who puts out the comic books. So the employees may not know where to look?
    I think that's correct. I know I can't find them on Walmart.com anywhere.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Amazing Member

display-DC-Front.jpg Here is what the display looks like. (yeah I took the box.. LOL). Pretty small.

Amazing Member

The worst part is they troll you for not getting there in time. 20180701_201309[1].jpg
    Last edited by kevinbruns; 07-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.

display-DC-Front.jpg Here is what the display looks like. (yeah I took the box.. LOL). Pretty small.
    You took the box? They let you do that? How will they restock? I'm laughing right now.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 07-01-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Okay, one, did you seriously just take the box ?

And second, that's a brilliant image to leave there .

Amazing Member

Yes, I did.
    Funny thing is.. im 125 miles away from home and work for a railroad.. (getting this back in 1 piece will be ....interesting..)

That being said. I did ask a manager if it was ok for me to take it... so.. I didnt STEAL the box. On the back is a giant DC logo on a blue background which will look nice on my comic stand.. lol

Yes, I did.
    Funny thing is.. im 125 miles away from home and work for a railroad.. (getting this back in 1 piece will be ....interesting..)

That being said. I did ask a manager if it was ok for me to take it... so.. I didnt STEAL the box. On the back is a giant DC logo on a blue background which will look nice on my comic stand.. lol
    Well, I hope they get themselves a new one!

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I kinda wanna go to Walmart just to take a box (if the let me, not to lift it. Haha). Would be a great place to keep my issues for the week before they go into the long boxes.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

They originally were saying something like 3,000 locations carrying these, weren't they?
    If so, that means that not every Walmart store may be getting them.

Edit: really getting anxious about not getting to read the Bendis issues. I wish there was a digital alternative due to stores not carrying them or stores being sold out.
    Bendis' story doesn't start until issue #3 I think?
    Maybe some of the excitement/novelty will have worn off by September and they could be easier to find then?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    I kinda wanna go to Walmart just to take a box (if the let me, not to lift it. Haha). Would be a great place to keep my issues for the week before they go into the long boxes.
    I kinda hope this doesn't become a trend, because I'm worried that the vendors won't restock the boxes, so this will screw up the whole reaching new readers thing...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They originally were saying something like 3,000 locations carrying these, weren't they?
    If so, that means that not every Walmart store may be getting them.

Bendis' story doesn't start until issue #3 I think?
    Maybe some of the excitement/novelty will have worn off by September and they could be easier to find then?
    That's correct, not every Walmart is getting one. Though I need to do a double-check with the other two that are relatively close to me - one of them actually had the OLD DC comics box, with the three-packs and a DIFFERENT reprint program! (This one didn't have new stories, I think.) I was surprised when I found that one.

That's correct - the big 12-part stories aren't coming for another two months, from what I can tell (though it says "new comics every two weeks," which confuses me. I'll have to be checking more often than once a month.

Amazing Member

When i asked a manager about it. His response was "We're just going to throw it away anyway"

Seriously though. If DC really wanted to push this. They should do more than have this box stuffed in a corner of the checkout lane.

They need to pony up the cash and have an endcap display or something bigger like current Jurassic Park displays that are in the middle of high traffic spots in current stores. ( like near the electronics dept). They could do so much more with this...