Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    When i asked a manager about it. His response was "We're just going to throw it away anyway"

Seriously though. If DC really wanted to push this. They should do more than have this box stuffed in a corner of the checkout lane.

They need to pony up the cash and have an endcap display or something bigger like current Jurassic Park displays that are in the middle of high traffic spots in current stores. ( like near the electronics dept). They could do so much more with this...
    Oh, dear, that doesn't sound good. If the Wal-marts are going to trash the displays when they're empty, I hope the vendors are well stocked with displays as well!

I think the location isn't too bad - it's catering to people who are likely to buy them. But I do kinda wish they were in the Lego aisle, next to the DC Superhero legos. That would be a good idea, I think.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    When i asked a manager about it. His response was "We're just going to throw it away anyway"

Seriously though. If DC really wanted to push this. They should do more than have this box stuffed in a corner of the checkout lane.

They need to pony up the cash and have an endcap display or something bigger like current Jurassic Park displays that are in the middle of high traffic spots in current stores. ( like near the electronics dept). They could do so much more with this...
    I don't think that's necessary. A checkout lane is good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, dear, that doesn't sound good. If the Wal-marts are going to trash the displays when they're empty, I hope the vendors are well stocked with displays as well!

I think the location isn't too bad - it's catering to people who are likely to buy them. But I do kinda wish they were in the Lego aisle, next to the DC Superhero legos. That would be a good idea, I think.
    I have no doubt they'll get new ones each month after they sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think that's necessary. A checkout lane is good enough.

I have no doubt they'll get new ones each month after they sell out.
    I hope so!

And I agree that a full endcap isn't going to happen. You don't see Vogue or Vanity Fair or People or Gossip And Made Up Stories Tabloid on full endcaps. The most I'd say is seeing them in the regular book aisle, but still, this is standalone and really catches the eye, so I think it might be good.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

. . . That's correct - the big 12-part stories aren't coming for another two months, from what I can tell (though it says "new comics every two weeks," which confuses me. I'll have to be checking more often than once a month.
    Well, aren't there four different titles Walmart will have? (Batman, Superman, Justice League (Wonder Woman), and Teen Titans.)
    Did all four come out July 1st, or was it just two on July 1st with the other two coming out in another two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, aren't there four different titles Walmart will have? (Batman, Superman, Justice League (Wonder Woman), and Teen Titans.)
    Did all four come out July 1st, or was it just two on July 1st with the other two coming out in another two weeks?
    All four were out. I bought Superman, Batman, and JLA (Wonder Woman), but there was also a Teen Titans available, and I glanced through it.

Just managed to get Batman Giant #3, containing the first of 12 issues of "Batman Universe" - Derrington's art is really, really excellent, and Bendis avoids too many of his really obvious tics in writing. He does have a lot of dialogue, but it's mostly very functional and enjoyable. The first person opening, using the 9-panel grid, was really well done - again, Derrington really shines all the way through.

Has anyone else managed to get a copy?

Has anyone else managed to get a copy?
    If they're only sold at the Walmart Supercenter stores (the ones with expanded grocery store sections), then I have no idea where any of those are near me. (I think there use to be one a little over an hour away, but last time I was out that way was over ten years ago.)

If they're only sold at the Walmart Supercenter stores (the ones with expanded grocery store sections), then I have no idea where any of those are near me. (I think there use to be one a little over an hour away, but last time I was out that way was over ten years ago.)
    I don't think they are only for supercenter.

Well, I haven't noticed them at either of the two Walmarts in my area.

Well, I haven't noticed them at either of the two Walmarts in my area.
    Very sad

Very sad
    Somehow, that seems a tad extreme.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...64907132493824

According to Bendis, his stuff is in continuity. Very interesting, though I don't think this is a good idea at all.

Seems like a good story so far, I enjoyed the art, but was really surprised they didn't put a big name with Bendis for his first Batman story of his DC Exclusive contract.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

For anybody who has found the DC comic books sold at Walmart stores this year, did the store have an expanded grocery section (with a fresh produce section or a specific bakery section other than pre-packaged goods on aisle shelves) or not? How large is the Walmart you were able to buy them in?

For anybody who has found the DC comic books sold at Walmart stores this year, did the store have an expanded grocery section (with a fresh produce section or a specific bakery section other than pre-packaged goods on aisle shelves) or not? How large is the Walmart you were able to buy them in?
    Two of them did have a produce section, one of them didn't (though the one that didn't had the display stand taken or trashed when it was empty, and it wasn't refilled for at least two months, though I should check and see if they replaced it, since at the one where I got my #3s, the vendors who were restocking DID have a new display stand.) None of them have "SUPER WALMART" branding on the buildings, though.