Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Her reaction to the village being bombed was the only time I side-eyed her acting during the movie. Otherwise I thought she did an okay job.

One of my favorite scenes, other than the hair-flip scene during the No Man's Land setpiece, is when she confronts Steve after the meeting with Sir Patrick and the other dudes. Her "so, you were lying" line read just felt so natural to me.
    Yes! That was perfect IMO
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Highly unlikely. She'll phone-in her performances as 'Wonder Woman' just like she has in BvS, WW, and JL. And everyone, b/c she's above criticism, will say she's 'great' even though her acting is manifestly mediocre and dull. And the men in her movie are left to carry the emotional baggage like garbage-cans, so she'll drag everyone down with her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Highly unlikely. She'll phone-in her performances as 'Wonder Woman' just like she has in BvS, WW, and JL. And everyone, b/c she's above criticism, will say she's 'great' even though her acting is manifestly mediocre and dull. And the men in her movie are left to carry the emotional baggage like garbage-cans, so she'll drag everyone down with her.
    I'd hardly say she's above criticism just by looking at this very thread, let alone others around the web. Everyone here seems to be a fan, but admit there are some iffy line readings and room for improvement. Which is natural, every actor should strive to challenge and improve themselves.

And I know we all love Wonder Woman, but this is not a role that requires Oscar-winning capabilities. I think the people saying shes great are still saying she's great for her skill level and lining up very well with what we expect from the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    And that scene was clearly a re-shoot (note her hair.) Where I thought her reaction was mostly great due to her face acting, I think a fall to the knees rather than the hands to the head, as you perfectly described, would have been better. Not sure why they re-shot it that way.
    Yes, that kind of literal "gut punch" reaction to the gassing of the village by falling to her knees is what I would have expected from Diana at that point in her character's development.

I have a few other quibbles, but I honestly think most of them came down to direction. For example, I thought the connection between Diana's first "boosh" and the temporary failure of the protective dome over Themyscira should have been communicated more strongly with Diana looking at her gauntlets, seeing the barrier fluctuate and then looking back at her gauntlets and seeing the realisation cross Diana's face that she had somehow caused the dome to weaken. It's relatively obvious from the sequence of events that is what happened, but the connective tissue could have been a bit stronger.

I have other quibbles, for example, Diana not knowing about the concept of marriage despite reading any number of books and knowing about chemistry and hundreds of languages. But, that's a script issue, not an issue with Gadot's acting. The same for some of the fight scenes, but that's again due to the direction and certain choices to use CGI models instead of Gadot or a stunt doubt. I think sometimes an actor can unfairly receive criticism for decisions which are completely outside of their control. Even their "acting" is ultimately at the discretion of the director who may instruct the actor to play a scene with more or less emotion than the actor would naturally choose.

I love that all of a sudden, some WW fans fancy themselves acting coaches. LOL
    Her emoting is fine.
    People just cannot go past her accent and her not speaking "perfect English" (which is a total misnomer, since there is no such thing).
    She nailed the role and she will nail it again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Her emoting is fine.
    People just cannot go past her accent and her not speaking "perfect English" (which is a total misnomer, since there is no such thing).
    The not so perfect English helps you believe she's from a non-English speaking island that's not the problem.

She was hired for her looks not for her talent.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Her emoting is fine.
    Your making fun of people criticizing how an actor acts, yet you do the same with the 'Her emoting is fine.' Your irony is not lost on all of us with a post like this,
    Last edited by BiteTheBullet; 06-27-2018 at 03:38 PM.