Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    - Clark goes out looking for here and sort of bets obsessed with it, and will be making sacrifices along the quest.
    Wouldn't be a Tom King story without something depressing

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

If you find the podcast, the "Up in the Sky" stuff starts coming up at 73 minutes. As of now, there aren't any plans to distribute the story outside of Wal-Mart.

Oh and Jon Siuntres, "Shogan Jump" is just all kinds of wrong XD. But I like the references to the boxing in comics and Jerry Ordway Word Balloons, will check those out.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    If you find the podcast, the "Up in the Sky" stuff starts coming up at 73 minutes. As of now, there aren't any plans to distribute the story outside of Wal-Mart.

Oh and Jon Siuntres, "Shogan Jump" is just all kinds of wrong XD. But I like the references to the boxing in comics and Jerry Ordway Word Balloons, will check those out.
    Any idea who the other boxer is? I hardly caught the name.

"Shogan Jump" was adorable lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I’ll have to track this down. King works best when writing a miniseries.

He seems to really enjoy the short chapter process, stating his pride in another interview about DC Nation and Action 1000 contributions. Thankfully, Andy already has 3 parts done.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Any idea who the other boxer is? I hardly caught the name.

"Shogan Jump" was adorable lol
    I searched for variations on the name he said but couldn't figure it out. It really sounds like might-o with a soft 't' as opposed to "My Toe". Variations seem to really come off as Japanese in terms of spelling.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very excited about the details - makes me that much more eager to get them!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Tom sharing some Andy Kubert work at SDCC

And his own unique sketch of Supe

Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-19-2018 at 09:22 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow, the way those colors are set makes me waaaaay more hype for Kubert's art.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kubert is the man. King... eh, I don't really like straight lines on the boots but it could be worse.

BANNED

We now have an Eisner-winning writer on board for this!

https://www.newsarama.com/40995-2018...full-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We now have an Eisner-winning writer on board for this!

https://www.newsarama.com/40995-2018...full-list.html
    Congrats! Though he already won an Eisner for the Annual last year.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Oh, man. I want this so bad...one more month...

With all the teases on twitter and other places, it looks like at least for Batman and Superman, the Walmart comics are going to be incredibly gorgeous.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    It is all great except that it is exclussive to Walmart. Why not put it out in other retailers
    A few weeks ago, you were crowing about how great this sort of thing was going to be. What changed?

This sort of thing is giving me second thoughts about Morrison on "Green Lantern". As stands now, there is precedent for a series by an a-list creator to be a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Does it have to be canon though? If a story is good, isn't that enough?
    Agreed....complaints about distribution aside.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    This sort of thing is giving me second thoughts about Morrison on "Green Lantern". As stands now, there is precedent for a series by an a-list creator to be a Wal-Mart exclusive.
    I don't follow. Morrison's not involved in any way with the Walmart books? I mean, there's a chance that they might ask him to do some, but not for at least a year (while they have Bendis, Jurgens, Palmiotti, Connor, and King doing their 12-parters, or 6-parter for Jurgens).