Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
Don't remember where he said it, but he said that a lot of the concepts he's introducing in Batman Universe will be showing up and being fleshed out in his other works like Superman and the new imprint using DC characters.

Also he recently said that he'll be announcing some stuff at NY Comic Con, and before that he said that the project he's doing with Gleason will be announced very soon, so putting two and two together it's possible it'll be at NY CC.

King calls Superman his "White Whale" in the sense that it's the project he most aspires to do and do right. It's no wonder that he sprinkles in so much Superman-like stuff into his work. And the idea that Sanctuary is both built by Kryptonian tech, its robots are modeled after Ma, Pa, and Lana, and the masks are direct homages to the oldest Superman shield are all pretty clear signs of his love for the character.
Yes, I remember Bendis saying that, but I thought that was more about concepts, rather than him writing Batman Universe to be in continuity with the rest of his work. Similar to how him writing J. Jonah Jameson would have similar concepts, but not be the same character, as Perry White. (Brought to mind by the way Perry in King's Superman seems similar to JJJ )

I'm hopeful that Gleason and Bendis's new book will be awesome! I really like Gleason's art.

I do think King loves Superman. I think we'll have to wait and see if he's really good at him.