Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That is very, very King.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Huh. This isn’t that bad.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That Perry is of the awful JJJ knock off variety, but I get the feeling he won't be around for much of the story.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

....I'm going to every f%#king Walmart in my state and getting this comic. I physically need this story.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That Perry is of the awful JJJ knock off variety, but I get the feeling he won't be around for much of the story.
    Also...the" METROPOLIS Planet?"

J Jonah White not withstanding , the rest looks alright.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Yeah. It's intriguing enough that I'll bite for the months before they (hopefully) release trade details. This thing is going to run for a year and there's no way I can ignore it until it's finished.

If only the Wallyworld format was releasing a Superman/Batman split book. Even at $5 I think it would work. It'd be a bigger slap to the direct market but I kinda think they should get over it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just read it, I enjoyed it. King has a good take on Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just read it, I enjoyed it. King has a good take on Superman.
    I definitely have to get to Walmart after work today...normally I restrain myself until Saturday, but this is killing me!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Haven't read it yet, but I honestly don't think that's out of line as a reaction for Perry. The "one kid" bit is pretty damn on-the-nose in that very Tom King way, but like, Perry's got a point. There are constant huge stories going on in Metropolis, and one of his best reporters is talking about sidelining it all to go looking into one missing persons case in another city that'll already have the local newshounds and the cops and in all likelihood Batman on it. That seems like a prime recipe for a Perry White blowup.

Also, while I'm still not sure about Kubert as the pick for this, love Lois's hair there with that half-and-half thing going on. Feels right for her.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Haven't read it yet, but I honestly don't think that's out of line as a reaction for Perry. The "one kid" bit is pretty damn on-the-nose in that very Tom King way, but like, Perry's got a point. There are constant huge stories going on in Metropolis, and one of his best reporters is talking about sidelining it all to go looking into one missing persons case in another city that'll already have the local newshounds and the cops and in all likelihood Batman on it. That seems like a prime recipe for a Perry White blowup.

Also, while I'm still not sure about Kubert as the pick for this, love Lois's hair there with that half-and-half thing going on. Feels right for her.
    I think this is part of a larger thematic thing King's going to be exploring, not just a one-off character note for Perry.

Kubert is pretty far from the top of my list of artists I like, but I think that Brad Anderson (one of the best colorists working, definitely) really helps his art, as does Sandra Hope's excellent inks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

Perry's fearless and is not really the type to yell when he can just talk, unless you respectively are going by Geoff Johns or Laurence Fishbourne I guess. He comes across as a jerky loud caricature imo, and I don't get why he isn't willing to also go for the little guy instead of chasing the flash. He doesn't get out much but he's still a reporter at heart and should trust his people.

Anyway, I'm pretty discouraged that the second WM didn't have it. It's kind of a pain to visit these random, heavily populated stores. It seemed in one place as though they're suffering the same way comic shops do: tons of back issues all in the space. Can't imagine they seem encouraged to order more.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Not sure if this counts as spoilers but the Kents are apparently alive in the Wal-Mart universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Not sure if this counts as spoilers but the Kents are apparently alive in the Wal-Mart universe.
    Surely this is a victory for good.