Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "Come Back To Me"-Walmart Exclusive From Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA GIANT #1

Justice League member Wonder Woman is spotlighted in “The Conversion,” an all-new story from NIGHTWING writer Tim Seeley and artists Rick Leonardi and Steve Buccellato. In this single-issue story, Wonder Woman comes face to face with Ares, god of war—who sees her as a promising new recruit!

JUSTICE LEAGUE GIANT #1 also includes:

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 (2011) – From the incomparable team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Jim Lee comes this version of the League from the New 52. In this alternative spin on the union of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg, superheroes are a strange and new phenomenon. The mysterious Batman discovers a dark evil that requires him to unite these reluctant heroes to protect Earth from a cosmic-level threat!

THE FLASH #1 (2011) – In this New 52 version of the Fastest Man Alive, writer Brian Buccellato and artist Francis Manapul introduce Barry Allen to a villain who not only can be everywhere at once, but is also a close friend of the Scarlet Speedster!

AQUAMAN #1 (2011) – Award-winning writer Geoff Johns and dynamic artist Ivan Reis team up on this story from the New 52! Aquaman has given up the throne of Atlantis, but the sea still has plans for Arthur Curry as a broken race of undersea creatures, the Trench, emerges from the ocean depths, bent on destroying the surface world!

In issue #2, Seeley teams up with artists Felipe Watanabe and Chris Sotomayor on “Mother’s Day,” a stand-alone story where Wonder Woman returns to Paradise Island for the first time since her exile, only to find that the Amazons – and Queen Hippolyta – have been abducted by Echidna, the mythological Mother of Monsters, with a brood of unstoppable beasts as children!

Issue #3 begins another original 12-part Wonder Woman story by HARLEY QUINN co-writers Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti called “Come Back to Me.” When Steve Trevor’s plane crashes on an island outside of time itself, it’s up to Wonder Woman to rescue him from this mysterious land, full of monsters, dinosaurs and some very surprising citizens.
    https://www.newsarama.com/40515-dc-l...e=notification
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-22-2018 at 06:59 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I thought the only story was the Ares one?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I thought the only story was the Ares one?
    Nope, the article mentions three stories, a one part Ares story, a one part Echidna story, and then a twelve part story by Conner & Palmiotti.

I'm definitely interested in these (yay Seeley!), but I just wish the rest of the books weren't based on the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Nope, the article mentions three stories, a one part Ares story, a one part Echidna story, and then a twelve part story by Conner & Palmiotti.

I'm definitely interested in these (yay Seeley!), but I just wish the rest of the books weren't based on the New 52.
    I must have misread then. Well you have a wide selection available for you in this digest just read the ones you want.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm very hopeful to read the Seeley and Connor/Palmiotti stories. I'm very curious to know if they'll be set in current Rebirth continuity, or a generalized continuity like the stories in Sensation Comics. It'll be nice, hopefully, to read good Diana comics again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Apparently it will be fairly generalized as the second issue is a story about Diana returning to the island to find the Amazons kidnapped by Echidna. Something she cant do in comics or the DCEU.

Yeah, I'm almost positive it will be like Sensation Comics Featuring WW where the stories aren't in continuity. The first has to do with Ares which doesn't make sense because the first time she met him was during The Truth, and the second with the Amazons. Although I'd love to see Echidna appear more frequently in WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, I'm almost positive it will be like Sensation Comics Featuring WW where the stories aren't in continuity. The first has to do with Ares which doesn't make sense because the first time she met him was during The Truth, and the second with the Amazons. Although I'd love to see Echidna appear more frequently in WW.
    I hope, whatever continuity they're in, we get some good stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Sounds interesting...but umm, I’ve got to find a Walmart? And actually go there?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Sounds interesting...but umm, I’ve got to find a Walmart? And actually go there?
    You got it at least you all get a way to find these I can't do it here when Walmart doesn't exist where I'm from.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm eager to read Seeley's issues, particularly the Echidna one. The Ares one sounds sort of been-there-done-that, but I will still give it a shot. Echidna needs more attention though, and I wonder what her kids are gonna look like?

Wishful thinking on my part, but I wish this was the beginning of Seeley being the new Wonder Woman writer. But I’ll take this.

Good opportunity for DC to get some comics to a bigger number of possible future fans/readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Wishful thinking on my part, but I wish this was the beginning of Seeley being the new Wonder Woman writer. But I’ll take this.

Good opportunity for DC to get some comics to a bigger number of possible future fans/readers.
    I hope it's an indicator that he will be the new ongoing writer. From the solicits, he doesn't have any other regular books aside from the Injustice/He-Man book. They keep giving him these one shot deals (along with the Steve Trevor one shot, and the Steve spotlight in the JL vs. Suicide Squad crossover), why not just give him the book? Especially as he has a great deal of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope it's an indicator that he will be the new ongoing writer. From the solicits, he doesn't have any other regular books aside from the Injustice/He-Man book. They keep giving him these one shot deals (along with the Steve Trevor one shot, and the Steve spotlight in the JL vs. Suicide Squad crossover), why not just give him the book? Especially as he has a great deal of interest.
    I'd mostly be for it!

Since he brought the Crimson Centipede in out of nowhere, I wonder if we will see that along with some other familiar, updated faces from the same era among Echidna's new brood? Like the Glop, Termite Queen or (of course) Mouse Man.