Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It would be nice if these Wonder Woman stories showcased her rogues gallery so that readers would know that she has adversaries beyond Ares, Cheetah, and Circe.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Finally off work, so checking all the creator's twitter feeds. Palmiotti indicates that the new stories will be about 12 pages each month, and Seeley mentions that these stories aren't "continuity hounds" - https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...71447732592641 - so my bet is they're sort of in a nebulous, newbie/movie friendly setting.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It would be nice if these Wonder Woman stories showcased her rogues gallery so that readers would know that she has adversaries beyond Ares, Cheetah, and Circe.
    I think Seeley is probably likely to bring out an obscure villain or two .

I want Steve characterized as "that guy". Always getting himself into trouble. Unlike classic Lois Lane who looked for it so Superman would help her, trouble just finds him. He doesn't ask for it, it just happens, and its usually at least slightly humorous once the danger abates.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I hope it's an indicator that he will be the new ongoing writer. From the solicits, he doesn't have any other regular books aside from the Injustice/He-Man book. They keep giving him these one shot deals (along with the Steve Trevor one shot, and the Steve spotlight in the JL vs. Suicide Squad crossover), why not just give him the book? Especially as he has a great deal of interest.
    It would be nice. He has interest for sure. But almost feels like these are his shots. Like he won’t get the actual title, just projects here and there. Idk, it makes sense to me to put him on the main title, especially since he doesn’t have a huge workload atm. This is the one title driving me crazy waiting on a writer.

Since he brought the Crimson Centipede in out of nowhere, I wonder if we will see that along with some other familiar, updated faces from the same era among Echidna's new brood? Like the Glop, Termite Queen or (of course) Mouse Man.
    I like Termite Queen. And who couldn’t use some Mouse Man in their life

Since I've moved on to become a digital guy, I hope these stories are also available for digital at some point.

I love the that they'll bring in some obscure villains, but I also kinda wish that would happen in the in continuity title. Perhaps one will affect the other. ::crosses fingers::

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    It would be nice. He has interest for sure. But almost feels like these are his shots. Like he won’t get the actual title, just projects here and there. Idk, it makes sense to me to put him on the main title, especially since he doesn’t have a huge workload atm. This is the one title driving me crazy waiting on a writer.
    It's driving me nuts as well. I'd love to have him on the title, as like you said his work load seems light (I REALLY hope Imaginary Fiends gets more arcs. Where the hell is that trade, anyway? I'd hate to see it go the way of Effigy). His Rebirth work barring some Nightwing arcs has been weaker than his New 52 stuff like Grayson, his Suicide Squad fill-in and his Batman Eternal issues, but still very solid. I feel like he'd be really into this and bring his A-Game. I'd definitely give Wilson a chance if she got the title, but I'd be more excited for Seeley.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I want Steve characterized as "that guy". Always getting himself into trouble. Unlike classic Lois Lane who looked for it so Superman would help her, trouble just finds him. He doesn't ask for it, it just happens, and its usually at least slightly humorous once the danger abates.
    Try tweeting that to Tim Seeley but it's probably too late.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Try tweeting that to Tim Seeley but it's probably too late.
    Oh, I'm betting the first three issues are already written and drawn.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, I'm betting the first three issues are already written and drawn.
    When the release date is a week from now of course everything has to be ready by then or else they can't sell anything I just hope DC pull out all the stops to draw attention to the books.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

The first issues of the Giants are out already.

While the first new WW story is not connected to the one starting in two issues time, it gives you an insight into how fast and loose the continuity is.

The new Wonder Woman story seems to be set in a weird time period that does not acknowledge any of Greg Rucka/Nicola Scott/Liam Sharp’s work on the title as it uses Ares as a general villain, similar to his portrayal in the movie and in the Injustice game. Also, it seems very new 52 inspired as Steve Trevor is very much Diana’s companion/handler during the story. By Seeley and Leonardi.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...rts-yesterday/

Since he brought the Crimson Centipede in out of nowhere, I wonder if we will see that along with some other familiar, updated faces from the same era among Echidna's new brood? Like the Glop, Termite Queen or (of course) Mouse Man.
    Mouse Man I can see the opening panel now........." mean while back at the mouse pad"

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The first issues of the Giants are out already.

While the first new WW story is not connected to the one starting in two issues time, it gives you an insight into how fast and loose the continuity is.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...rts-yesterday/
    I've been visiting a couple of Walmarts, and haven't found one yet. One of them had the old three-pack display up, and maybe they plan to put the new display up there?

My Wal-mart just got theirs (probably yesterday), and I got the second to last one of Batman, JLA/Wonder Woman, and Superman! Seeley writes a pretty solid Wonder Woman story - very similar in tone to his Steve Trevor one-shot. It feels very Rebirth-continuity, which I appreciate. Steve and Diana seem to be dating, and Diana fights Ares projecting himself in a foreign land, as well as terrorists trying to stop women from attending a humanitarian conference. Rick Leonardi does solid work - thankfully MUCH better than his stuff for the Convergence: Batgirl series. No weird legs or frizzy hair this time. I'm pretty excited to see what Connor and Palmiotti do in issue #3, as well as the next story, which I think is also by Seeley.

So, what do people think of the first issue of "Come Back To Me?" I thought it was really enjoyable, if perhaps a bit overly jokey - though it's Palmiotti and Conner, so I thought it was pretty solid and restrained, given their Harley Quinn work. Chad Hardin's Diana is SERIOUSLY ripped, and the Steve and Diana stuff was nice. Etta wasn't great, but she also wasn't quite as frothy as she was in Shea Fontana's arc. It's kinda funny that both this arc and the upcoming Wilson run are using "Steve is in trouble" as the inciting incident. Hopefully they'll distinguish from each other!