Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    That's the logic wrench in Hickman's disaster of a story. The only reason the whole plot worked is because Hickman PIS. The only reason the heroes failed is because Hickman PIS. The only reason Doom "succeeded" is because Hickman PIS.
    Plot induced stupidity in Secret Wars is sort of how Hickman can demonstrate a complex set of ideas. If you are trying to show how the world ends, it’s difficult to show it in a logical sense. The Earth and Sun will continue for many millions of years yet, so to show that system short cut does require something extraordinary. And really, Secret Wars was more about the esoteric phenomenon of wiping away an old system and replacing it with something new. Trying to negotiate that transition is the role of a creator.

I have a question regarding New Avengers #33, when Doom sent a crate full of Molecule Men at the approaching Beyonders and there is the detonation that kills the Beyonders. Anything that powerful to destroy Beyonders, with Doom and Dr Strange in the same vicinity, should have killed Doom and Strange as well. What could be the explanation why the explosion killed the whole host of Beyonders and left Doom and Strange alive?
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-23-2020 at 06:57 PM.

After re-Reading this thread, I’m led to wonder if the Incursions were an altering of reality, to create a paradox? At Age of Ultron, in the end, Space-Time broke, and many strange occurrences happened - Galactus thrown into the 1610, Angela jumping into the 616 and suddenly there are now 10 worlds of Asgard. Why not the Incursions as a phenomenon that was possible after AoU? I could consider AoU as similar to the ANAD creation that Reed did, but this time, the end of everything becomes possible. How the Incursions happened then becomes the paradox that has to play out. When you look at all the seepages from other realities that entered the 616 and 1610, the 616 was poisoned by the breaking of Space-Time.

There's something I did not understand about the story: which is the purpose of the incursions? Why not just blow it all directly? And why did they always happen on Earth, what's so special about the planet?

From what I gather, the Beyonders were stuck with a linier time line, so maybe they were restricted to some form of bizarre time frame the rest of us aren’t used to. We can Time travel. They can’t.

As for the Earth-centric nature of the Incursions, it just so happens that the Multiverse is a concept regarding the branching-off of alternate realities from the central 616 timeline. I think that’s a basic tenet of the Multiverse concept. No alternate reality is branched off from any other planet. It just may be that what’s so special about Earth is that life only exists on this planet and nowhere else. I know that’s a paradox, but maybe Earth fiction is the only propagation of alien races? (You’d have to accept that Marvel fiction, or any other literature that produces a reality, is it’s own enclosed rule of the Universes. Human literature limitations dictate the boundaries of the fictitious Multiverse). Ouch! It hurt to think about this.
    Last edited by jackolover; 03-24-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    There's something I did not understand about the story: which is the purpose of the incursions? Why not just blow it all directly? And why did they always happen on Earth, what's so special about the planet?
    The Beyonders didn't cause the incursions. That was an indirect result of Doom killing the various Molecule Men of the multiverse.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    It was my impression that it was the most convenient way to end the multiverse so they could start over from scratch.

Amazing Member

They had to sneak the Molecule Men 'bombs' as if the greater powers of the Multiverse would have been alerted to their plans then they would have invaded the beyonders dimension to wage war on them but instead they were able to catch most of the cosmic entities napping and completely unprepared for their attack. Why the incursions occurred only with earth as focal point may be due to some unknown obsession that the beyonders have with the planet. After all the beyonder didn't kidnap the imperial guard or the New universe heroes but only the earthlings(and Asgardians) for some reason.

IF not Doom then some other megalomaniac smarty pants, Like The Creator. That would have probably been a better story.