Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

That's the thing. Silk is NOT a household name. She's not even been in any of the cartoons! The public at large are just going to see a female Asian Spider-Man, and maybe not even realise it's Marvel. I honestly can't see this working if it's not MCU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Who made more cosplays, her or Spider-Gwen?
    I think Spider-Gwen is a bit more popular but Silk isn't that far behind lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I <3 Cindy as a character, her arc, and her personality. She's one of my favorite new characters of the past 5 -10 years.

If they bomb this I'm going to be like, really, really annoyed...

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I think Spider-Gwen is a bit more popular but Silk isn't that far behind lol.
    Well, Spider-Gwen and Gwen Stacy in general have definitely been pushed and made more prominent in the public eye then Silk has.

I'm honestly surprised Sony's not fast-tracking a Spider-Gwen movie.

Ugh Sony just stop. This is just getting desperate and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    True, I hope this movie doesn't get stuck in development hell and then quietly axed.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I...think this could work. All Sony has to do is nail the casting, international box office y'all!

If she makes an appearance in the Venom movie and people like her, it would have a better chance. Maybe.

Fox is apparently developing X-23, Multiple Man, Gambit and Kitty Pryde movies.

WB is apparently developing two separate Jorker movies, Joker and Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad 2, Harley Quinn, rebooting Batman, and god knows what not.

Sony is apparently developing Silver and Black, Silk, Sinister Six(?), Morbius and few others I think I forgot.

The f$%k is happening?

Never had any desire to read Silk comics (way too much baggage with her intro in ASM, in more ways than one). I would probably see the movie, though, if it gets made. Hope it turns out good, in any case. A bad movie does no on any good and it's long overdue for female-lead action/adventure movies to become mainstream.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Typical Sony. Ugh to Silk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Fox is apparently developing X-23, Multiple Man, Gambit and Kitty Pryde movies.

WB is apparently developing two separate Jorker movies, Joker and Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad 2, Harley Quinn, rebooting Batman, and god knows what not.

Sony is apparently developing Silver and Black, Silk, Sinister Six(?), Morbius and few others I think I forgot.

The f$%k is happening?
    The more the MCU continues to smash a multitude of box office records and crosses cultural threshholds, the determination to ape that intensifies

Welcome to the panic room.

Astonishing Member

Well, points for putting an Asian-American superhero out there in a starring role. Though, it won't help the media's misconception that Silk is the "first Asian-American superheroine" (still a little salty about how small Jubilee's role in X-Men Apocalypse was).

As someone who is a BIG fan of Silk, I'm excited about this! I think her backstory is excellent film material, not only for giving an Asian-American lead for these kinds of films, but also the anxiety and isolation the character deals with is great pathos to see on screen.

The only thing is, it is Sony, so we won't actually know if this will ever actually get made, but the fact they're even developing it at least makes me happy that some people out there do care about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Spider-Gwen and Gwen Stacy in general have definitely been pushed and made more prominent in the public eye then Silk has.

I'm honestly surprised Sony's not fast-tracking a Spider-Gwen movie.
    that we know of.