Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I really hope this works out as I do enjoy Cindy's character but I have similar feelings to Venom where a big chunk of the character is going to be missing/changed to fit with the rights of the company. It leaves me worried that it will disconnect the love of the character I have from the comics to the one presented on the big screen. It isn't necessarily a bad thing to get two different takes on Ms. Moon I just like to see her as she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt Guy View Post
    If she makes an appearance in the Venom movie and people like her, it would have a better chance. Maybe.
    It wouldn't be Sony if they didn't try and force tie-ins to a shared universe into one movie .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The only thing is, it is Sony, so we won't actually know if this will ever actually get made, but the fact they're even developing it at least makes me happy that some people out there do care about her.
    I'm not sure it's so much "care" as much as Sony continuing to try and throw whatever Spider-Man-related material they have access to on a wall to see what sticks, though that's a little of the cynic in me talking.

But right now I think whether any of these get made depends a lot on Venom's performance, as indicated by the lack of any momentum on Silver and Black despite it being announced around the same time Venom was.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A bad movie does no on any good and it's long overdue for female-lead action/adventure movies to become mainstream.
    How long were you in suspended animation?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-23-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the thing. Silk is NOT a household name. She's not even been in any of the cartoons! The public at large are just going to see a female Asian Spider-Man, and maybe not even realise it's Marvel.
    A lot of the general public usually assume all superheroes are Marvel. One with such overt Spider ties will be easy to make the connection. I also think Sony is particularly banking on the "female Asian Spider-Man" hook to be a draw, especially since Spider-Man and the MCU are insanely popular in Asian markets.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Yet they couldn't even put Anya in the Spiderverse movie... Siiiigh.

I don’t know enough about Silk to really weigh in here, but I think Sony is doing themselves a disservice if they don’t involve Marvel. Doesn’t Silk’s origin have EVERYTHING to do with Peter’s? And I realize Venom is threading that needle in a different way.

It'll probably be "in develop" 'till Venom is released, if it has decent box office numbers and it's well received then they'll move forward.. So i don't expect to hear much news about this untill then, the same goes with Morbious and Silver and Black and anything else spider related they are developing.

Still, it seems like such a weird choice, i would've bet they would try to do a Spider-Gwen movie first since she's also in the spider-verse animated movie and it's kind of more well known right now, or maybe a Spider-man 2099

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don’t know enough about Silk to really weigh in here, but I think Sony is doing themselves a disservice if they don’t involve Marvel. Doesn’t Silk’s origin have EVERYTHING to do with Peter’s? And I realize Venom is threading that needle in a different way.
    The most Peter is involved with Cindy's origin is that she was bitten by the same spider that bit him, but they could always just remove Peter as a factor there.

But then they run the risk of how derivative of Spider-Man that would look.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yet they couldn't even put Anya in the Spiderverse movie... Siiiigh.
    As far as we know...

Ultimate Member

No not really. All that Spider-Man has to do with her origins is that they happened to be bitten by the same spider. Venom has more ties to Spider-Man than she does in that regard.

So at least in that regard, leaving Peter out wouldn't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The most Peter is involved with Cindy's origin is that she was bitten by the same spider that bit him, but they could always just remove Peter as a factor there.

But then they run the risk of how derivative of Spider-Man that would look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No not really. All that Spider-Man has to do with her origins is that they happened to be bitten by the same spider. Venom has more ties to Spider-Man than she does in that regard.

That much I know. Cindy's powers derive from radioactive spider bite. What I'm saying is, how does a she follow such a parallel path without being informed by his example or presence? Like, the heroic motivation can be handwaved with a mystery or revenge plot, but where does she get the idea to throw on spandex without a mentor/benefactor? If she gets web-spinning powers cause her bite gives her slightly different gifts, where does Peter get the notion that he needs to make his own through chemistry? Does her use of webs differ from his in a significant and dramatic enough way?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And would avoid the issue of a Spider-Pheremones plot .
    That much I know. Cindy's powers derive from radioactive spider bite. What I'm saying is, how does a she follow such a parallel path without being informed by his example or presence? Like, the heroic motivation can be handwaved with a mystery or revenge plot, but where does she get the idea to throw on spandex without a mentor/benefactor? If she gets web-spinning powers cause her bite gives her slightly different gifts, where does Peter get the notion that he needs to make his own through chemistry? Does her use of webs differ from his in a significant and dramatic enough way?
    Cindy's webbing is different since it's organic and comes out through her fingertips, and she can also do much more creative stuff with it naturally then Peter normally does.

I wouldn't be surprised if her heroic journey is tied to her trying to find her parents, like it was in the comics, and during that journey she develops into a crime-fighter like Spider-Man (even if Spider-Man won't be addressed at all).

I'm kind of curious if they'd start her out with her original prototype costume of just webbing...

I'd be surprised if this movie actually happens. But that might be because I don't have a lot of faith in Venom doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd be surprised if this movie actually happens. But that might be because I don't have a lot of faith in Venom doing well.
    Really, the only Sony Spider-Man movie I have any confidence in is the Miles animated film, and ironically that's the only one that actually has Peter in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Didn't Venom have a very impressive YouTube trailer view count? I don't know if it will be a good movie, but I think it will do well, just like Suicide Squad. Both films even have a release date with little competition in common. And I don't think Venom needs to make as much as Suicide Squad to be profitable.