Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've always of the frame of mind that Lois is stunningly attractive. Considering her upbringing and being a tomboy, you'll still more often than not see her as business casual, she's not often glitzed up to the max, and even when not she's still smokin. But when she does its a whole other level. Why I feel this way...its just the way she always seemed to be portrayed to me in my day in the comics. For example I remember one issue shortly after Superman came back to life where Lex held some party, and Lois shows up glammed up with a new haircut and dress and even Jimmy's mouth literally falls to the floor.

As for Superman, pretty much your prototypical ruggedly handsome heartthrob. That is, when he's not in his public Clark guise, in which he purposely makes himself as inconspicuous as possible. But even for all that women still notice that Clark is handsome, if not a little nerdy. Again why I feel this way is just because its pretty much the way he was always portrayed to me when I was growing up (well except the public Clark Kent exceptions, as not even that existed back then, as the edict was cool Clark).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I agree that Lois has always been portrayed as very attractive. She's always sought after by powerful men who could theoretically have as many beautiful women as they want, and that's how I always see her. For narrative purposes I think that having the stunning successful journalist slowly fall in love with the clumsy good natured nerd shows that nice guys don't have to finish last in love (even if being Superman is kind of a cheat shortcut). Clark to me is handsome "underneath the glasses and bad clothes", but he isn't readily attractive to women in the workplace. I remember Cat mentioning it once she got a closer look at him-but that's what it takes, it doesn't jump out. In more casual well-fitting clothes though he's definitely a "hot rugged older man" with an intellectual bend. The older he gets the more "lumberjack" that vibe gets.