Default 65th Successor of Hokuto Shinken... Midoriya Izuku

What if a 5 year old Izuku, despondent over learning he'd never get a quirk, was discovered by Kenshiro. And Kenshiro, seeing the boy's desire to be a hero and the goodness in his heart, decided to teach him Hokuto Shinken and make him his successor, a process he managed to complete in after 10 years and in time for the U.A. Entrance Exam?

How exactly would the world of My Hero Academia change with an Izuku backed by the legendary 1,800 year old Chinese assassin's art?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

BANNED

I doubt that Midoriya would be able to handle what becoming the 65th successor would entail to be honest.

First up, he'd run away screaming when he learns that embracing HSK would mean he becomes the God of Death, and he'd have to make the call on who lives and who dies by his hand.

Secondly, Izuku isn't decisive enough to take on the successors of other schools i.e. Nanto, Gento, Hokuto Ryuken etc since a moment's hesitation would mean defeat and death.

If you look at the successors of each school in detail the closest analogue to Izuku was bloody Souther, who was arguably as outstanding a person as Izuku was when he began his training. Look what happened to him afterwards.

There's too many things which sucessorship entails that could cause Izuku to either abandon his training and become a Hikkikomori, or snap and become something like Souther.

Deku is a hopeful idealist who would try to save everyone if he could.

Kenshiro gave up on several parts of humanity a long time ago.

With dogged persistence I don't doubt Deku could learn the techniques, but the decisive hard justice Kenshiro dispenses isn't the kind that allows for reform and change. Even before the world was a nuclear wasteland, Kasumi Kenshiro didn't play around when he went after villains, and the one time he did it cost his triad brothers dearly.

If nothing else, if Deku swears off the killing and sticks to healing, he probably pays back Recovery Girl with interest.

Astonishing Member

I'd like to think Kenshiro would never do something that cruel and traumatizing to a child.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    I doubt that Midoriya would be able to handle what becoming the 65th successor would entail to be honest.

First up, he'd run away screaming when he learns that embracing HSK would mean he becomes the God of Death, and he'd have to make the call on who lives and who dies by his hand.
    BUT

I would like to see him run away screaming nonetheless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'd like to think Kenshiro would never do something that cruel and traumatizing to a child.
    IIRC in the secret world of forbidden martial arts that ate a nuclear holocaust, training from early life is normal.

Raoh was about Izuku's age when he came from Shura, Toki and Ken were younger still. In Souten no Ken, Ramon Kasumi(Ryuuken) also trained as the backup successor from childhood.

So from Kenshiro's perspective, Izuku would be a late starter.