Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Well, I'd consider her an extremist given that she sides with Ares, one of the Amazons greatest foes and prisoners.

Different strokes, different folks, I guess.

Regarding Alkyone, "The Circle" is a pretty good story in Simone's run. I recommend it. She inserted something new into Diana's origin without turning the whole thing topsy turvey.
    I guess either way i would not mind seeing Persephone being integrated into Wonder Woman's world. I'll look into it and also I'm not surprise as unlike the Rucka thing Simone didn't exactly pull the rug under people's feet and disrupted the wider continuity. So of course it worked. I wonder whether Simone will be the new writer after Orlando leaves.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Skrill, IRAC and Formicida for sure.

And Andros, please!! The Dack Rambo version of course!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Skrill, IRAC and Formicida for sure.

And Andros, please!! The Dack Rambo version of course!
    Per my other posts I’ve got the Skrill, IRAC, and Andros covered.

Formicida could work with a revamp. I might tie her creation and Crimson Centipede’s into an idea I have for one of Diana’s villainous doctors/scientists.

I’m also including Syrene as a minor witch in a sorcerous storyline I’m developing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I guess either way i would not mind seeing Persephone being integrated into Wonder Woman's world. I'll look into it and also I'm not surprise as unlike the Rucka thing Simone didn't exactly pull the rug under people's feet and disrupted the wider continuity. So of course it worked. I wonder whether Simone will be the new writer after Orlando leaves.
    Yes, it’ll be interesting to see who takes over after Orlando and any hints at what their creative pitch includes. (Hopefully they have someone already who’s working to get ahead before they announce it.)

Yes, it’ll be interesting to see who takes over after Orlando and any hints at what their creative pitch includes. (Hopefully they have someone already who’s working to get ahead before they announce it.)
    Well what if it's Grant Morrison?

Well what if it's Grant Morrison?
    I tend to like Grant's work and tales overall. "How" he tells stories tends to work with my sensibilities. A particular stand out to me for in-continuity work is his "everything happened" take on Batman. He dug into and mined a lot of Batman's history and current supervillains in the run and added new ones, which I found particularly fun and imaginative. While it's hard to separate, but what I didn't like about the run is his take on Batman being "Batgod."

Based on Wonder Woman Year One, I'm not sure if he'd tackle the feminism inherent in Wonder Woman very well or push it forward without a lot of research and discussions with feminists. (Not that a lot of other writers did this either.) But, if anyone could reimagine the wackiness, zaniness, action, adventure, and heart of Wonder Woman's long history and catapult it into the future in some compelling, creative, and dramatic way, it's Morrison. Oddly, if he took on Diana he's got the opposite charge of working on Bruce (according to some critics of the Wonder Woman character.) Instead creating a goddess, he'd be making a mortal, in the thematic sense of the terms.

Let alone how he'd develop Steve and Etta. The idea of Grant playing with Cheetah, Circe, Ares, Doctor Psycho, Silver Swan, Doctor Cyber, Giganta, Heracles, Superwoman, Angle Man, Queen Clea, Inversion: The Inside Out Man, Captain Wonder, Chang Tzu, Duke Dazam, Eviless, Anton Unreal, etc. holistically as part of the Wonder mythos kind of excites me - if he played the long game over a long run.

Also, I'd appreciate the notoriety he'd bring to the character. A lot of people follow Morrison, so if he took on Diana for a considerable period of time and revisited her concepts a lot of people may change their mind about her and her enemies. Overall, I think he could propel her characters and concepts forward, but the feminist angle and carrying on Marston's message is one reservation.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-29-2018 at 12:14 PM.

I tend to like Grant's work and tales overall. "How" he tells stories tends to work with my sensibilities. A particular stand out to me for in-continuity work is his "everything happened" take on Batman. He dug into and mined a lot of Batman's history and current supervillains in the run and added new ones, which I found particularly fun and imaginative. While it's hard to separate, but what I didn't like about the run is his take on Batman being "Batgod."

Based on Wonder Woman Year One, I'm not sure if he'd tackle the feminism inherent in Wonder Woman very well or push it forward without a lot of research and discussions with feminists. (Not that a lot of other writers did this either.) But, if anyone could reimagine the wackiness, zaniness, action, adventure, and heart of Wonder Woman's long history and catapult it into the future in some compelling, creative, and dramatic way, it's Morrison. Oddly, if he took on Diana he's got the opposite charge of working on Bruce (according to some critics of the Wonder Woman character.) Instead creating a goddess, he'd be making a mortal, in the thematic sense of the terms.

Let alone how he'd develop Steve and Etta. The idea of Grant playing with Cheetah, Circe, Ares, Doctor Psycho, Silver Swan, Doctor Cyber, Giganta, Heracles, Superwoman, Angle Man, Queen Clea, Inversion: The Inside Out Man, Captain Wonder, Chang Tzu, Duke Dazam, Eviless, Anton Unreal, etc. holistically as part of the Wonder mythos kind of excites me - if he played the long game over a long run.

Also, I'd appreciate the notoriety he'd bring to the character. A lot of people follow Morrison, so if he took on Diana for a considerable period of time and revisited her concepts a lot of people may change their mind about her and her enemies. Overall, I think he could propel her characters and concepts forward, but the feminist angle and carrying on Marston's message is one reservation.
    Some would say the Batgod thing happened in the 90's long before Morrison got his hands on Batman though. Well if he won't write a feminist story at least Morrison can write character driven stories at least there Wonder Woman can actually get a great deal of development if the stories were more character based than message based then it would probably help it more into people a lot know and create a ton of fun wacky thing though i wonder how he can do it in the current set up. Heck that's the approach I would go with if I wrote Wonder Woman character driven stories while embracing and updating her enemies to today's standard for characterisation.

Some would say the Batgod thing happened in the 90's long before Morrison got his hands on Batman though. Well if he won't write a feminist story at least Morrison can write character driven stories at least there Wonder Woman can actually get a great deal of development if the stories were more character based than message based then it would probably help it more into people a lot know and create a ton of fun wacky thing though i wonder how he can do it in the current set up. Heck that's the approach I would go with if I wrote Wonder Woman character driven stories while embracing and updating her enemies to today's standard for characterisation.
    Yeah, Morrison kind of capitalized on the nascent BatGod becoming a thing.

He's all about themes and the meta too, if you look at Batman, Multiveristy, All-Star Superman, etc. So I'm curious which ones he'd pick/be interested in in writing about Diana.

Regardless and past his Earth One book, I don't think we'll find out as it appears he'll be working his magic on Green Lantern next and hopefully some new insane concepts from beyond the broken Source Wall.

Yeah, Morrison kind of capitalized on the nascent BatGod becoming a thing.

He's all about themes and the meta too, if you look at Batman, Multiveristy, All-Star Superman, etc. So I'm curious which ones he'd pick/be interested in in writing about Diana.

Regardless and past his Earth One book, I don't think we'll find out as it appears he'll be working his magic on Green Lantern next and hopefully some new insane concepts from beyond the broken Source Wall.
    Sure but his work of Earth One Wonder Woman was not liked as for amny it became a parody of the themes of Wonder Woman. If Morrison was working on Wonder Woman maybe he could import some of those concepts from the broken Source Wall to Wonder Woman.

Sure but his work of Earth One Wonder Woman was not liked as for amny it became a parody of the themes of Wonder Woman. If Morrison was working on Wonder Woman maybe he could import some of those concepts from the broken Source Wall to Wonder Woman.
    Yeah, bringing it back around to the topic of this thread, I think there are more interesting things that could be added to the Wonder mythos from the broken Source Wall than the Dark Gods we've received - we still don't know why or how it seems Diana somehow "summoned" them. (I'm just ready for this arc to be over.)

Anyway, my idea on page one of this thread are for the Skrill to be a species from beyond the Source Wall and Zardor (both from the television series) as one of their chief enforcers/commanders (but he'd be a different species from the Skrill.)

Besides Diana's odyssey in space storyline from years ago, she doesn't have a lot of sci-fi, space opera, extraterrestrial villains and I'd like to change that and introduce the Skrill and Zardor and Andros from beyond the Source Wall and Eviless and her alien coterie from our side of the galaxy. There's a BIG story to be told that helps bring Diana into being a logical character for sci-fi adventure just as much as Superman.

She should not be relegated to just myth or magic or superhero stories alone. Diana deserves to be in the time travel, romance, mystery, etc. genres as well.