Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I'm excited as hell. Colu? Lobo? Sounds amazing, but I hope they're able to relatively wrap everything up at the end of this season, because I'm not sure they'll get a third. You still have people who won't even give this show a chance.
    And that's a shame, it's the best DC show out.

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    And that's a shame, it's the best DC show out.
    Truth. Strange's conflict with Seg is leagues better than the soap opera bull of the CW shows.

To be fair, the reason a lot of people haven't given this show a chance is two-fold:

1) the show's concept itself is a hard sell on the surface.

"Hey kids, do you like Superman? Well, he'll never be on this show and neither will those heroic parents of his, Jor-El and Lara, that you at least know and have seen performed by multiple scenery- chewing Oscar winners.

Nope, this is about Superman's totally unknown grandfather! That's right, while your Zatannas and Swamp Things and Plastic Men get nothing of their own, Superman's so big that his thieving cousin, talking dog, and now unknown grandparents have each gotten their own shows! So who's excited for CAPRICA, I mean KRYPTON?!"

2) after changing its name from Sci-Fi to the more trademark- and copyright-friendly SyFy, the channel itself became more known for deliberate schlock like SHARKNADO than for genuinely good shows like THE EXPANSE. The expectations were so low.

That KRYPTON has clearly overcome both factors are remarkable achievements in their own right.

And, oh yeah, here's Cameron Cuffe meeting Brandon Routh at SDCC 2018.

Love that Cuffe is an unabashed Superman fan.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 07-22-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, Lobo will be making his Live-Action debut in Season 2 of KRYPTON next year.

Well, well, well. This could be interesting. At least SyFy knows how to do good F/X on a budget.

All I can say, I'm glad it's here instead of on SUPERGIRL. On that show, Lobo would look like piss-poor make-up AND Lobo would wind up saying some forced praise that Kara was 10x the fighter Superman ever was.

Or worse, Kara would show Lobo the errors of his ways, and he'd fall in love with her.

In case you weren't sure, SUPERGIRL is dead to me. Which sucks because I was following that show's development a full year before it first aired on CBS.
    I love this post.

I can't wait for Season 2. This show is genuinely intriguing for me so far.

I'm also done with Supergirl. Last season was very disappointing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, now that the first season is finished, and has been renewed for a second season on the SyFy channel ...

If you watched the show, what do you think of it?

As a general tv watcher?

As a sci-fi aficionado?

As a Superman fan?

Me, personally:

The first half of Season 1 (episode 1 through episode 5) was a bit of a slog. I really wasn't sure where this show was going. But the second half of the season (eps 6 - 10) were each more engrossing than the last.

The difference? A man named Dru, aka OUR General Zod.

Once he showed up proper, things got crazy in the best way possible. This wasn't a boring predictable prequel anymore, it is now a time traveling Alternate Universe ... and those are much more fun!

For those who haven't given it a shot yet, here's a spoilery recap of the first part of the season:

All in all, I think KRYPTON is a worthy addition to the Superverse and am eagerly awaiting Season 2!

Just rewatched the first 4 episodes today and it was so much better than the first time. I enjoyed it. I think knowing how it turns out at the end really makes the first half better with all the very well done foreshadowing and character development. I can't say I was bored watching overall. I was kind of captivated by all the visuals. The attention to detail in this show is so good, it is almost cinematic. The sets, the city of Kandor look impressive and very alien.

And yes, General Zod is fantastic as soon as he appears, but I really like the whole cast work overall. The actress playing Jayna Zod is excellent. The Zod family are definitely the most enigmatic group this season. No doubt in my mind, Krypton is on another level than the CW/DC shows. I can tell the writers really did their homework, and I love all the respect they show to the Superman myth.

Really hoping season 2 is great. This show makes us Superman fans proud. I wouldn't mind if Kal showed up some time in the future if the story is right.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 12-04-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Yeah I’m very interested in seeing where the show goes. Be very interesting if they go with “the timeline is irrevocably messed up” and now they’ve just got to ride this timeline out.

I was wondering if this show had a thread here, the first season was so much better than I thought it would be. I’m a big fan of the Gotham show so I really dig this show for similar reasons. I will probably never get tired of seeing Superman and Batman’s stories get retold again and again since that’s just the type of fan I am. But it’s also really refreshing to see the mythos being used in more uncharted territory.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-04-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’m very interested in seeing where the show goes. Be very interesting if they go with “the timeline is irrevocably messed up” and now they’ve just got to ride this timeline out.
    I'm also very interested to see what they do with the timeline. I'm kind of worried lol, I want the real Superman to exist! So I kind of hope they eventually fix the timeline..

Deleted scene. Those corridors look amazing. Don't remember seeing them before from this perspective. I need a season 2 trailer!

source: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...ontent=link_ad

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Deleted scene. Those corridors look amazing. Don't remember seeing them before from this perspective. I need a season 2 trailer!

source: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...ontent=link_ad
    Krypton doesn’t look cheap at all, I was pretty impressed with the CGI