Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

*looks at board*

This what I was afraid of...

any who guys I ask should any you wish to say something in the other thread, please take a note from Ambran and be civil. Last thing we want is thread wars. All of ya'll are people of class and taste so I know you'll won't get baited into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The next X-Position is with Mariko Tamaki. I say everyone should ask about HeliX to let her know how much we want to see them at least TALK on-panel again.

Seriously, this running joke of them appearing on panel without saying a word to one another is getting a bit stale.
    Maybe its just because I'm old and jaded now...but I don't think this is a good idea. While we want to let Marvel know we want them back...i feel there are ways that we can do that without scaring the writers. Maybe we should wait to see her first few issues go before we ask? While no doubt she's probably been prepped for us...but at the same time lets hound her with shipping questions from the onset.
    Last edited by The Big G; 06-25-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    *looks at board*

any who guys I ask should any you wish to say something in the other thread, please take a note from Ambran and be civil. Last thing we want is thread wars. All of ya'll are people of class and taste so I know you'll won't get baited into anything.
    I'm civil enough I'm just surprised that it even happened.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

*looks at board*

Maybe its just because I'm old and jaded now...but I don't think this is a good idea. While we want to let Marvel know we want them back...i feel there are ways that we can do that without scaring the writers. Maybe we should wait to see her first few issues go before we ask? While no doubt she's probably been prepped for us...but at the same time lets hound her with shipping questions from the onset.
    You mean the Angel/X-23 thread?, i'm neutral toward those 2, besides i'm not known for my hate in this boards.

Like I said im just taking/asking for precautions. I've been around long enough, and on enough boards to see things go south and fast.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Like I said im just taking/asking for precautions. I've been around long enough, and on enough boards to see things go south and fast.
    As a fan of Logan.... yeah i had seen it (stupid love triangle grumble grumble), all the folks that had posted here are civil as far as i had seem thougth.

IMO people should stay out of an appreciation thread if they’re not, you know, going to appreciate the characters. Which is why I won’t comment on that thread, which I feel was likely started with trollish intents. *shrug*

As far as bothering Tamaki about it, I doubt it’ll do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    IMO people should stay out of an appreciation thread if they’re not, you know, going to appreciate the characters. Which is why I won’t comment on that thread, which I feel was likely started with trollish intents. *shrug*

As far as bothering Tamaki about it, I doubt it’ll do any good.
    I don't think that there is any harm on asking, as long as we are civil about it.

I don’t think there’s any harm, but past experience is that creators stay vague on anything they could be a potential spoiler. And that includes character appearances. Which is why I asked something song those lines but tried to keep it open enough so the answer just isn’t a “I can’t say” lol if the answer isn’t no.

Plus.. Hellion got asked about to Tom Taylor literally every X-Position and you could tell by the end of it he was getting frustrated of being asked the same thing over and over.

I don’t think there’s any harm, but past experience is that creators stay vague on anything they could be a potential spoiler. And that includes character appearances. Which is why I asked something song those lines but tried to keep it open enough so the answer just isn’t a “I can’t say” lol if the answer isn’t no.

Plus.. Hellion got asked about to Tom Taylor literally every X-Position and you could tell by the end of it he was getting frustrated of being asked the same thing over and over.
    Fair enougth.

THis. a thousand times this.

For as much as "we" bugged him and im surprised he gave us anything at all.

THis. a thousand times this.

For as much as "we" bugged him and im surprised he gave us anything at all.
    Yeah, if I was a writer, I would have a hard time wanting to do something that I was getting bugged to do all the time.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, if I was a writer, I would have a hard time wanting to do something that I was getting bugged to do all the time.
    At some point you have to let a writer tell their story. There's a saying in sports "If you start listening to the fans in stands, you'll end up being a fan in stand"

Plus outside a few select writers, it feels like the average run on a book is 25 issues/2 1/2 years, whatever comes first.

Its one of the reasons i tip my hat to Tom, is that he was professional enough to deal with us rabid fans asking about Jules and Laura by acknowledging that A) The two have deep history B) fans want to see it and C) it has to be done right and with the proper due diligence.

Shit look at PR, Rossen did us a solid by having Jules and Laura appear next to one another for the first time in years as a fun little shot out to the fans, yet in turn he got hounded for why they weren't talking together. Yes its a little bit of "give a mouse a cookie and he'll ask for a glass of milk" scenario but it also proves Tom right. Laura and Julian's reconciliation whether it just as friends/comrades or becomes romantic in nature is a big event for both characters. You have to whole ass it because if you half ass it, the fans will eat you alive.

Its kinda why I think CBR should have waited for a few issues to come out before they did an X-Cres for the new X-23 book. It lets us get a chance to see what the feel for the book is, and who knows if the book doesn't do well....then maybe we ended up dodging a bullet if she doesn't have plans for Julian.

Right on. We gotta reign in our collective SQUEE, ya'll, and not spook the heroes who are BLESSING US WITH STORIES. We mustn't let the X-Positions and the twitter and the gram and whatever other chitty chattery get the better of us with all the "Hey I know we just talked but I had a really great time. Lets do this again. Call me. Oh. Uh.. its me btw. Ok. Call me. Hey its me. Not sure if you got my message so I thought I'd text. I really liked what you said about the Cuckoos and I thought, hey maybe we can discuss that over lunch? Free tomorrow? Lemme know. Bring Julian. If you want. No big deal. Call me. Oh hey. SUP. Last night was fun. Hope I'm not interrupting, maybe you're at work. I'll try DMing you. Say hey to Julian. Oh and Gabby. And and and and and and and. Call me."

I keep thinking about all the toxic nonsense we DON'T necessarily see that inevitably finds its way to these writers and creative types, so I just reeeeally don't wanna see our enthusiasm get misinterpreted (or accurately assessed in some cases) as FANATICISM.

Honestly like 50% or more of questions that get asked for these things are people asking if their favorite character will appear, and most of the time the answer is “no” or some vague version of I can’t tell you. Plus editorial seems to have a thing against these characters. So as has been said elsewhere, the best way to send a message to Marvel that we want to see Jules and the NXM is to preorder the Academy X collection in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Right on. We gotta reign in our collective SQUEE, ya'll, and not spook the heroes who are BLESSING US WITH STORIES. We mustn't let the X-Positions and the twitter and the gram and whatever other chitty chattery get the better of us with all the "Hey I know we just talked but I had a really great time. Lets do this again. Call me. Oh. Uh.. its me btw. Ok. Call me. Hey its me. Not sure if you got my message so I thought I'd text. I really liked what you said about the Cuckoos and I thought, hey maybe we can discuss that over lunch? Free tomorrow? Lemme know. Bring Julian. If you want. No big deal. Call me. Oh hey. SUP. Last night was fun. Hope I'm not interrupting, maybe you're at work. I'll try DMing you. Say hey to Julian. Oh and Gabby. And and and and and and and. Call me."

I keep thinking about all the toxic nonsense we DON'T necessarily see that inevitably finds its way to these writers and creative types, so I just reeeeally don't wanna see our enthusiasm get misinterpreted (or accurately assessed in some cases) as FANATICISM.
    Fan Entitlement has almost reached a fever pitch in recent years. And the sad thing is that its been in fandoms where inclusion/diversity are extremely prevalent (IE Steven Universe, Overwatch)

Honestly like 50% or more of questions that get asked for these things are people asking if their favorite character will appear, and most of the time the answer is “no” or some vague version of I can’t tell you. Plus editorial seems to have a thing against these characters. So as has been said elsewhere, the best way to send a message to Marvel that we want to see Jules and the NXM is to preorder the Academy X collection in droves.
    Pretty much. Vote with your wallet.